1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ground types on the hunt

Discussion in 'Dream World' started by moe1216, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Azul

Azul

Nice one, but I think it would have been different if your opponent's Doryu used Swords Dance on Nidoking 1st.
  2. Starmetroid

Starmetroid

Next time could you put each pokemon's total HP beside their sprite in between turns? Still a good battle though, I like how you beat three of the most OU pokes with a monotype team consisting of UU-OU pokes
  3. moe1216

moe1216

@Starmetroid Not a problem. I'll put them up now if anyone wishes me to.
  4. AriadosPerson

AriadosPerson

It was decent, but hey, kept me entertained, which is more than you can say for most.
  5. the voice of reason

the voice of reason

I thought the battle was fairly average, but I definitely liked your narration, and the absurd conversations between you and your pokes. I think that a more suspenseful battle (as you controlled it pretty well the whole time) could've turned this decent warstory into a great warstory.

8/10

Question regarding Gameroge: why him? I would think that a Gastrodon would work far better for 90% of what you'd use him for - with the access to grass knot being an easier way of getting rid of Swampert than toxic being the other 10%.
  6. The Shiny Umbreon

The Shiny Umbreon

I realized just how much the metagame has changed when I read "With Scarf Ditto gone, a big threat is done with."

Nice warstory! The battle really entertained me. 8.5/10
  7. moe1216

moe1216

@the voice of reason I use Gamageroge for one reason: Breloom. That pokemon gave me absolute hell last gen. Gamageroge has a base speed of 75 compared to 70 base speed Breloom and can OHKO after hazard damage (sometimes without) with Slime Wave before Breloom can hit me.
  8. Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Nice story. Good formatting and commentary. Nidoking Encourage looks fun.
  9. Ace Emerald

Ace Emerald Horsing around
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Visual Media Head

It was a good match, but the name 'warstory' is a misnomer. This was a massacre-story. You held control from turns two and three when you got rid of two pokes with some good prediction and good evs. Still good match, and props for using a mono team! Out of curiosity, how well has that team been working for you?
  10. moe1216

moe1216

I check my rank every now and then and Have actually scored in the top 300 with it. I know that says very little but out of 8000 or more it isn't that terrible, is it?

Plus I use a mono team, because alot of the other stuff has been done and, to be honest, it gets boring using the same stuff everyone else uses.
  11. windwolf777

windwolf777

Nice work man =p. Btw, i say if u do more war stories, u gotta add what your pokemon are saying. It's a good touch.
  12. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

I luv how u gave ur team a personality. XD So cool!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)