Gyarados

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Last gen, there was no ferro, rotom-W, etc. BulkyDD was also more popular than all out offense.

He needs rain support if you ask me. DDMoxiedos is a beast under rain. You'll still fall against tangrowth and slowbro, but not as badly.

This might seem trivial, but I guess I am insane. It appears the bulky dragon dance Gyarados should be Jolly, not impish.

With Impish 156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spd, Gyarados gets defense stats like this: 370 HP / 239 Def. While with Jolly 156 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Def / 96 Spd, it gets 370 HP / 240 Def.

Bear in mind though, that for the alternate 152 HP / 172 def spread does not follow the same thing, as with Jolly you just lose 3 defense points.
While we are one the subject, is it just me, or is the alternate even more bulky Gyarados spread much better. While using it, I can't remember a time I was like, "You know 72 attack points would be really good right now." What are those extra attack points even for?

Oh yeah, one final thing, why the heck does the analysis on site give the alternate bulky spread one more speed point then the regular one? And why does the regular spread give an HP that is even, while the alternate one isn’t!? Give that thing one more HP ev, or take it away. I suggest you add one more so “Heatran doesn’t 2HKO you with fire blast.” This goes for the alternate spread too.

So sum up my rant:
-the more bulky spread should be the regular one
-give the current regular one an ev spread of Jolly 160 HP / 72 Atk / 180 Def / 96 Spd, and the alternate more bulky spread 160 HP / 164 Def / 184 Spd.

I think I am going to bring this up with the subjective changes thread, but I want to see first if I am missing something here and the listed sets really are correct.

I'm on an iPad right now wynaut, but when I get home I think I'm going to run some calcs to test out your bulkyDD alternative builds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)