Hackmons XY

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Pinsir-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
-U-turn
-Brave Bird
-Parting Shot
-Stealth Rock

The main purpose of this set is anti-lead/lead, namely kicking Deoxys in the RNA before it puts something to sleep or does that other thing you don't want it to do. U-turn accomplishes the main objective of this set and keeps Pinsir from being choice-locked into a bug move against something with shadow tag. Every other move is negotiable, so go nuts with subbing things out.
While looking at this set, I see some major flaws. First, even with the choice scarf and maximum EVs in speed, It doesn't outspeed Deoxys. Brave bird isnt the best choice, I would go with a move like trick to screw one of your opponent's pokemon over. And with U-turn / Parting shot, you only need one switching move, don't overdo it. To counter deoxys-s like you want to, I would use a priority move (sucker punch, shadow sneak, any of that).

The changed set:

Pinsir-Mega @ Safety goggles
Ability : huge power (its better than PBond in most cases)
Jolly nature
- u-turn
- knock off
- sucker punch
- stealth rock

I wouldn't personally use this set as a starter, but rather a late game sweeper, to counter most pokemon that survive until the endgame.

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I'm gonna post my new and improved team here again, just for reference. Pay no attention to the nicknames.

Jigsaw (Kyurem-Black) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Entrainment
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stealth Rock

The Shining (Scizor-Mega) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Wonder Guard
Adamant Nature
- Powder
- U-turn
- Magic Coat
- Sacred Fire

SE7EN (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Heal Order
- Waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed

The Conjuring (Aggron-Mega) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Thousand Arrows
- Spiky Shield

The Purge (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Sheer Cold
- Entrainment
- Mean Look

Scream (Aerodactyl-Mega) @ Helix Fossil
Ability: Shadow Tag
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- King's Shield
- Milk Drink
- Perish Song

Who else feels guilty using Air balloon against a person on their first fight? I do, because even though each time they will call me cheap, i tell them to use it thereselves, then they start swearing to hell and back, not realizing that i left, it's their first fight and they don't deserve to be completely walled because they're new.

Who else feels guilty using Air balloon against a person on their first fight? I do, because even though each time they will call me cheap, i tell them to use it thereselves, then they start swearing to hell and back, not realizing that i left, it's their first fight and they don't deserve to be completely walled because they're new.
They do deserve to be walled if they are new and don't take the time to learn about Hackmons. Hackmons isn't like one of the standard metagames because you can get a Hackmons battle with virtually any team, since nothing is banned, but that doesn't make it cheap. As long as a strategy is allowed within the permitted rules, and it's not aimed to cause infinite pp (infinite clock) situations (leppa/recycle), then it's not cheap. If it is their first fight, the chance of them beating a more experienced player on a new alt is very low in this meta anyway. If they choose to use foul language it is their own choice and there's really not much you can do about it, the best way to help them is to tell them why they can't touch your Pokemon and what they can do to change that for their next team.

PS: Thousand Arrows hits Air Balloon

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm running a wonder guard Mega Absol as my lead, and it seems to work OK except it doesn't quite OHKO the Deoxys-Speeds (96-99%) that try to use Sheer Cold on me even with a positive nature. Is there a more powerful physical dark move that can do 100% all the time and is accurate?

EV

Banned deucer.
Hi, I'm running a wonder guard Mega Absol as my lead, and it seems to work OK except it doesn't quite OHKO the Deoxys-Speeds (96-99%) that try to use Sheer Cold on me even with a positive nature. Is there a more powerful physical dark move that can do 100% all the time and is accurate?
Well what's the move you were using?

(80 is the strongest physical bp unless you run Knock Off)

In general, I'd recommend Knock Off or Beat Up. Aside from having enough power to KO Deo-S every time, Knock Off can remove items from other things like Giratina. Since Deo can and do run sash though, you'll want a priority move to finish off Deoxys (the sash will unfortunately trigger before knock off would remove it). Pursuit may also be useful if you think they'll switch (I find they normally don't though). If you've got a bunch of average-to-high base attack mons on your team, Beat Up can get around sash and KO. Some quick testing says you'll need an average of around 100 base attack on your team. Beat up is less useful later in the match though as your mons get status'd or ko'd.

Last edited:

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
Thanks, maybe I will give Knock Off a try. Actually, I haven't seen too many sashes (although I use 3 on my team) but the other members are Gyarados, Groudon, Dialga, Deoxys-Speed, and Shuckle. I think I'll give Beat Up a try. Before I was using Crunch by the way. Also, I almost OHKO Uxie.

Additionally, it breaks Sub Giratina. Thanks for the advice. Here's something I've discovered: I've got Safety Goggles on my Groudon because I was tired of Spore. Then, I learned about the Powder Mega Scizor everyone uses, so I was like, "Hey, I can kill this guy now". So what happened was I added Mystical Fire and it worked like a charm.

Confirmed! I ran into one of those nasty gene men and Beat Up worked like a charm! In addition, it comes close to an ohko on Mewtwo-Y. Thanks!

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Additionally, it breaks Sub Giratina. Thanks for the advice. Here's something I've discovered: I've got Safety Goggles on my Groudon because I was tired of Spore. Then, I learned about the Powder Mega Scizor everyone uses, so I was like, "Hey, I can kill this guy now". So what happened was I added Mystical Fire and it worked like a charm.
Why mystical fire when you can run Sacred Fire? However that strategy seems quite interesting, I may have run it by accident. Thanks for pointing that out, now my mmx is happy.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
They do deserve to be walled if they are new and don't take the time to learn about Hackmons. Hackmons isn't like one of the standard metagames because you can get a Hackmons battle with virtually any team, since nothing is banned, but that doesn't make it cheap. As long as a strategy is allowed within the permitted rules, and it's not aimed to cause infinite pp (infinite clock) situations (leppa/recycle), then it's not cheap. If it is their first fight, the chance of them beating a more experienced player on a new alt is very low in this meta anyway. If they choose to use foul language it is their own choice and there's really not much you can do about it, the best way to help them is to tell them why they can't touch your Pokemon and what they can do to change that for their next team.

PS: Thousand Arrows hits Air Balloon
Yeah, said Absol carries the move and I use plenty of Gastro Acid. Anyway, about that issue, I think whatever, go ahead. Explain the basics to them though during the fight. Also it helps your ladder rating >:D.
Why mystical fire when you can run Sacred Fire? However that strategy seems quite interesting, I may have run it by accident. Thanks for pointing that out, now my mmx is happy.
Whoops Sacred Fire lol. Anyway, the 50% chance of burn really helps.

berry

what kind
*sigh* this thread XD

well, the goggles sweeper isn't really the newest thing, but it is a good thing for a less experienced player to notce. Also, I wouldn't run a wonder guard absol. There's way too many common weaknesses to be viable, and its defenses are simply outclassed. Silver_Lucario42

For hackmons the set i usually use is this;

Emboar @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Thousand Arrows
- Sucker Punch
(for beginnings and middles used just to gain early advantage. also for early wonder's)
Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Protean
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Power-Up Punch
(when in a jam i use curse on the mons to help out then protect. which then allows me to get priority. P-u-p is for special measures when i out speed)
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
Calm Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Curse
- Toxic
- Pain Split
(same as Snorlax but also t rid of those nasty wonders')
Heracross-Mega @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Simple
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Defense
- Knock Off
(my main guy as you can see this.... is a threat ahahahahahah)
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
(you can tell this dangerous but helpful set too)
Arceus-Fairy @ Fairy Gem
Ability: Pixilate
Lonely Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Light of Ruin
- Gravity
- Work Up
(For extra measures should i change him or not?)

Pikachuun

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb / Safety Goggles
Ability: Parental Bond / Huge Power
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Thousand Arrows
- Sucker Punch
(for beginnings and middles used just to gain early advantage. also for early wonder's)
In my honest opinion, you should replace this with Mega-Mewtwo-X, as it has more, well, everything besides a few things. Parental Bond is fine, but Huge Power is another option. Replace Mach Punch for Drain Punch or Close Combat. You do not need priority except for Sucker Punch [For Mega-Gengar]. Similarly, replace Fake Out for Sacred Fire to deal with Bug/Steel WG'ers. The item could also be Safety Goggles to protect against Spore [EDIT: And Powder, which is incredibly useful for dealing with said Bug/Steel WG'ers], but that's your choice.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold / Calm
Nature
- Curse
- A Recovery Move of your choice
- Spore / Dark Void / Substitute
- Topsy-Turvy / Destiny Bond / Substitute / Parting Shot
(when in a jam i use curse on the mons to help out then protect. which then allows me to get priority. P-u-p is for special measures when i out speed)
Snorlax is outclassed by Giratina, so I replaced him with Gira. A recovery move allows for more curses, the sleep moves are for obvious purposes, and the last move is filler. Substitute can be run over the sleep move if you really want it to.

Xerneas @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- U-Turn
- A Wonder Guard Support Move
[Keep in mind that the following are good Wonder Guard support moves: Defog / Aromatherapy / Whirlwind / Magic Coat / Wish / King's Shield / A Recovery Move / Some Random Hazard / Gastro Acid]

Did you know that your original set would've bypassed Wonder Guard without Mold Breaker? Besides, Mold Breaker Dusclops is quite weird. I replaced it with a Wonder Guard Xerneas to help deal with stuff like No Guard Deoxys-S. Believe me that's nasty. The support moves are your choice to make. Keep in mind that you shouldn't put 2 of them at a time on a team.

Regigigas / Slaking @ Safety Goggles / Life Orb / Sitrus Berry (Only if you run Belly Drum)
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash / Shift Gear / Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire / Thousand Arrows / Drain Punch
- Knock Off / Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak
Now this is a threat. Boosting move of your choice, Extreme Speed, a move that hits Ghost types, and a move that hits Steel types. This is the thing. Save it for late-game, and it will save you. Be careful of Imposter Chansey, however.

Aggron-Mega @ Rocky Helmet / Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm
Nature
- Defog / Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass
- A Recovery Move of your choice
- Whirlwind
Better Skarm with Magic Bounce for bouncing back hazards. Baton Pass is for switching, not for passing boosts. Whirlwind is for Phazing, and recovery is for longevity. Aggronite? Since this is a Mega-Aggron holding it, the item cannot be knocked off or tricked. Useful, huh?

Arceus-Fairy @ Mail / Shed Shell
Bold / Calm Nature
- U-Turn
[Keep in mind that the following are good Wonder Guard support moves: Defog / Aromatherapy / Whirlwind / Magic Coat / Wish / King's Shield / A Recovery Move / Some Random Hazard / Gastro Acid]

Yes. This Arceus is a better choice over your previous one [mechanics make it normal-type], and also completes the 2-wg core that stops deoxys-s. Be careful of mega-mewtwo-x with STAB and Poison Jab tho :S
Responses in This format. Delete the slashes in the moves/natures slot once you make your choice [same with the blurbs about WG support]. Hopefully this helps :]

berry

what kind

Emboar @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Thousand Arrows
- Sucker Punch
Snorlax @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Protean
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect
- Power-Up Punch
Dusclops @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Curse
- Toxic
- Pain Split
Heracross-Mega @ Weakness Policy
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Defense
- Knock Off
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Arceus-Fairy @ Fairy Gem
Ability: Pixilate
Lonely Nature
- ExtremeSpeed
- Light of Ruin
- Gravity
- Work Up
1. Why emboar, too many weaknesses piling up
2. Why snorlax and why Protean on the snorlax
3. Why dusclops. Just use it as prankster or magic bounce. No real use here :/
4. Why rough skin
5. Why so many spikes? Defog FTW
6. I don't think you get the point of Arceus. All arceus are normal (even if it says fairy or ghost or what ever), and Xerneas does the job much better.
7. If wonderguarders are your problem, try using some. It'll help you out a lot.

Last edited:
lately ive been seeing alot of prankster gengar leads. a good counter to this is to lead with an infiltrator tyranitar mega with knock off and lum berry

Hey, I am a noob and I need team advice. Here is my basic team....

Noob Killer (Shuckle) Item Leppa Berry
Level 100 Ability Magic Bounce Stats Hp 244 Attack 50
Moves: Milk Drink Coil Defense 497 Sp. Attack 56
Recycle Quiver Dance Sp. Defense 614 Speed 46
He is a nice lead, annoying enemies, PP stalling,
and countering set ups.

Brain Pain (Pikachu) Item Focus Sash
Level 1 Ability Wonder Guard Stats Hp 12 Attack 6
Moves: Heal Bell Leech Seed Defense 6 Sp. Attack 6
Substitute Soft-Boiled Sp. Defense 6 Speed 7
Nice baby Hp stealer, with the bonus of wonder guard+electric
And substitute,very hard to kill by attacking.

Heavy Duty (Blissey) Item Leftovers
Level 100 Ability Wonder Guard. Stats Hp 714 Attack 50
Moves: Recover Foul Play Defense 130 Sp. Attack 186
Curse. Substitute Sp. Defense 307 Speed 146
The best tank ever, only physical mold breakers can
Hope to break. Foul play can turn their powers back
At them. The rest is just general walling.

Santa (Giratina) Item Leftovers. Stats Hp 504 Attack 212
Level 100 Ability Magic Guard. Defense 276 Sp. Attack 237
Moves: Slack Off Stealth Rock. Sp. Defense 372 Speed 216
Roar Judgment
My set up, with this I have broken noobs
and crippled powerful enemies.

Meow (Mega-Mewtwo-Y) Item Bright Powder
Level 100 Ability Contrary Stats Hp 416 Attack 337
Moves: V-Create Electro Ball Defense 158 Sp. Attack 535
Psycho Boost Roost Sp. Defense 276 Speed 316
My contrary sweeper, classic destroyer. Meh.

Effect Lord (Deoxys-Attack) Item Leftovers
Level 100 Ability Parental Bond Stats Hp 241 Attack 356
Moves Dark Pulse Recover Defense 76 Sp Attack 459
Signal Beam Icy Wind Sp. Def 77 Speed 438
Nice special effect sweeper, very powerful.

Pikachuun

and countering set ups.

Roar Judgment

Try copying the import/export text when pasting your sets. I can't exactly read them right now.

and countering set ups.

Roar Judgment

Here, this is really hard to read, so I made it importable:

Noob Killer (Shuckle) @ Leppa Berry
Calm Nature
- Milk Drink
- Coil
- Recycle
- Quiver Dance

Brain Pan (Pikachu) @ Focus Sash
Level: 2
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Soft-Boiled

Heavy Duty (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Curse
- Substitute

Santa (Giratina) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment

Meow (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Contrary
Mild Nature
- V-create
- Electro Ball
- Psycho Boost
- Roost

Effect Lord (Deoxys-Attack) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Recover
- Signal Beam
- Icy Wind

Pikachuun

Noob Killer (Shedinja) @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles [Status or Weather?]
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 42 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 7 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
Hasty
Nature
- Endeavor
- Volt Switch
- Recycle / Gastro Acid
- Shadow Sneak / Extreme Speed / Ice Shard
Self-Explanatory. 42 and 7 are random numbers. Minimized defense so you have an easier time with Imposter.

Brain Pan (Mega-Mewtwo-X) @ The item you didn't pick below
Jolly Nature
- See comments.
Well, this is a Wonder Guard offense set. Why did I ask you to look here? Because the 4 moves that you put on it depend on what you'd like to run. Pick 4 of the following and you'll be set for life:
Drain Punch / Play Rough / Fusion Bolt [Do not run if you have Kyogre] / Leaf Blade [Do not run if you have Kyogre] / Diamond Storm / Poison Jab [Do not run if you have Xerneas] / Sucker Punch / Knock Off / Iron Head [Do not run if you have Xerneas]. Thousand Arrows and Sacred Fire are redundant, as you already have those coverage types in your Mega-Mewtwo-Ys.

Heavy Duty (Kyogre / Xerneas) @ Mail [Kyogre] / Shed Shell [Xerneas]
Impish / Careful Nature
- See the comments again.
Wonder Guard support. Pick 4 moves from the following:
Magic Coat / Aromatherapy / King's Shield / U-Turn / Wish / A Recovery Move of your choice / Defog / Whirlwind or Roar

Santa (Giratina) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Slack Off
- Curse
- Stealth Rock / Spore / Dark Void
- Topsy-Turvy / Destiny Bond / Substitute / Spore / Dark Void / Parting Shot
Giratina's good, but your set was quite weird, so I decided to fix that for you. Slack Off and Stealth Rock were alright choices, however Stealth Rock could be replaced by a sleep move (or kept, whatever you'd like). Roar on Prankster is weird, so I replaced it with Curse to deal with Wonder Guard. Judgment is terrible without a plate, so I replaced it with some good Prankster filler moves. 248 is a magic number.

Meow (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Safety Goggles / Spooky Plate
Ability: Contrary
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Spore / Judgment (If you're running Spooky Plate)
- Psycho Boost
- Entrainment / Secret Sword (If you're running Spooky Plate)
People always run a lot of contrary, to my understanding. It's either OH MAN SPAM ALL THE ABUSING MOVES or something along those lines. Your set was decent, but I made it better by replacing Electro Ball with Spore and giving you Safety Goggles, to deal with Imposter. An alternate option to this is spooky plate judgment, so I listed that as well. To prevent the imposter from healing, I also gave you another decent attacking move in Secret Sword to deal with the more specially-oriented walls [and your Wonder Guard blissey set) if you're running Judgment + Spooky. Your 4th move if you aren't running Spooky should be Entrainment to prevent Wonder Guard and FF steels from walling you. Why not Gastro Acid? Do you really want your contrary being nullified? [NOTE: I have no experience with Contrary, so anyone who does, feel free to correct me if this set is sub-optimal.]

Meow (Mewtwo-Mega-Y) @ Shed Shell / Safety Goggles (Run Shed Shell if you have Safety Goggles on the first one)
Naive
Nature
- Psystrike
- Dark Void / Spore (If you're running Safety Goggles)
- Moonblast
- Thousand Arrows
Your set was no. So much no that I changed it. Deoxys-Attack should never be run when you have mega-mewtwo-y, especially when you have leftovers as an item. To prevent Yveltal from going to town on this set with Sucker Punch, I added Dark Void to put it to sleep. If it's huge power, Sucker Punch OHKOs. If it isn't, Sucker Punch fails to OHKO. That's why I put it there. Moonblast is to deal with the aforementioned threat. I placed Thousand Arrows on it for Electric-type Wonder Guarders since MMY has decent attack. You have no coverage versus them. The name change is simply for confusion purposes.

An alternate option to the Wonder Guard Mega-Mewtwo-X is to pick a second Wonder Guard support. Follow the same guidelines as the first one rigorously, except for the pokemon and item, which must be the other option.
Phew this took a good 30 minutes. Comments are bolded.

Ok guys, umm how's this team. BTW I know its bad, just wanna know whats wrong with it.

ILikeCheese (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Lum Berry
- Spore
- Belly Drum
- Baton Pass
- Recover

teh_ownerer (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Fissure
- Sheer Cold
- Gastro Acid
- Rapid Spin

teh_masterer (Deoxys-Attack) @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Water Shuriken
- Shadow Sneak
- Thousand Arrows

Count Draculol (Deoxys-Speed) @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Geomancy
- Spore
- Baton Pass
- Substitute

InsertNameHere (Giratina) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
- Curse
- Psycho Shift
- Recover
- Mean Look

Beast (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Oblivion Wing
- Boomburst
- Moonblast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)