Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was MM for a shiny spritzee for my RU team. I have a male 6ivs with aromatherapy, wish, moonblast and protect and a female with no egg moves and a japanese female one with no egg moves. After +1000 egg I gave up and breeded another pokemon. I started to MM again and I am getting wish but no aromatherapy. I checked the aromatisee and it still has the same egg moves. So why I am only getting wish?
Aromatherapy is not an egg move for Spritzee/Aromatisse, rather it is a level-up move (Lvl. 25 to be exact).

The only egg moves available for Spritzee/Aromatisse are:
Captivate/Disable/Refresh/Wish.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Aromatherapy is not an egg move for Spritzee/Aromatisse, rather it is a level-up move (Lvl. 25 to be exact).

The only egg moves available for Spritzee/Aromatisse are:
Captivate/Disable/Refresh/Wish.
Yea now I remember, still it is curious that I am not getting moonblast and aroma like I did before, thanks anyways.

The female spritzee never knew aromatherapy o_o
It probably did when you first put it in the Daycare, but had since forgotten it by the time you took it out.

Regardless, now that you know Aromatherapy (and Moonblast) is a level-up move, you can focus on just breeding/passing on Wish.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
It probably did when you first put it in the Daycare, but had since forgotten it by the time you took it out.

Regardless, now that you know Aromatherapy (and Moonblast) is a level-up move, you can focus on just breeding/passing on Wish.
Indeed, it makes sense since I left them when they were level 1 and I changed them when they were level 82 and still no shiny... Thanks for the help and if anyone needs a HA spritzee message me.

Can I make a post about IV breeding and EV training (How to make a competitive Pokémon) and tell a mod to sticky-it?
Those resources can already be found here for XY (and here for older gens).

The mods will decide on our own when we want to sticky something, but we usually try to keep that to a minimum in general so the forums stay nice and tidy~

I'm trying my first Smeargle breeding, to get stealth rock onto a Chimchar. I have a male Smeargle with stealth rock and I bred it with a female Infernape. The result was 5 Chimchars... With no stealth rock!

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

(Hope this was the right place for this question!)

Thanks.

Annoying, given work done to date! And annoying from bulbapedia too, which does list chimchar as learning it through breeding.

I guess I'll go with plan B, which is to breed it from Smeargle onto Mamoswine instead.

ETA: my mistake. I was looking in the "learnt by TM" rather than "learnt by breeding" table on bulbapedia. D'oh!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
In my experience, Bulba is great for fandom stuff and fun facts. Serebii is my number one source for mechanics.
I've generally stopped using Serebii for Bulba because Serebii has some horrible mistakes/errors which are almost unforgiveable. The best places for mechanics are either here or Veekun.

I'm trying my first Smeargle breeding, to get stealth rock onto a Chimchar. I have a male Smeargle with stealth rock and I bred it with a female Infernape. The result was 5 Chimchars... With no stealth rock!

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

(Hope this was the right place for this question!)
In XY, moves listed as "learnt by tutor/TM" can't be passed down. Move tutors confirmed.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
uhm this isn't an in-game question and it's a stupid one, but why is the Warstories board in the Closed Boards area? Why was it removed? :(

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
uhm this isn't an in-game question and it's a stupid one, but why is the Warstories board in the Closed Boards area? Why was it removed? :(
All BW discussion was moved to thread cryonics because they were seeing little use. This always happens a while after the start of a new generation. You can post anything BW related in Ruins of Alph in the competitive discussion forum.

I have a question about friend safaris and 3DS System transfers. If I was to transfer my data from my 3DS (current one with all my useful friend safaris/codes) and my 3DSXL (can factory reset), will my friend codes be lost? If they are not lost, will I be able to access HA Pokemon from friend safaris without waiting to go online with the person again (ex. I have a Ditto Safari. If I transfer data, will I still be able to catch Imposter Ditto without having the person come online again?)?

So I have been playing Pokemon Black and there are two things I wanna know:
1. Why can't Klinklang learn Wild Charge in Pokemon Black?
2. My Black city is gone, any ideas why?

I have a question about friend safaris and 3DS System transfers. If I was to transfer my data from my 3DS (current one with all my useful friend safaris/codes) and my 3DSXL (can factory reset), will my friend codes be lost? If they are not lost, will I be able to access HA Pokemon from friend safaris without waiting to go online with the person again (ex. I have a Ditto Safari. If I transfer data, will I still be able to catch Imposter Ditto without having the person come online again?)?
Since the friends list is one of the things that carry over in a system transfer, you'll still have the same Safaris. I believe the online status for Pokemon is in your save data, so HA ability shouldn't be affected, but I'm only about 95% positive about that.

my question might need an extensive answer so i will try make it as clear as possible:

i want to know the best pokemon (specifically the movesets) avaliable ONLY on gen 5.

i dont want the 'dream team' or 'top of the top' (top 10~) pokemon, im looking for something like the best 50 or so pokemon with sets using move tutors/eggmoves/TMs avaliable only on gen 5, because there is no rush on gen 6, its not going anywhere.

after may 20 i will not be able to pass my RNG'ed pokemon from W2 to my Y right? or i got it wrong?

thanks in advance.

my question might need an extensive answer so i will try make it as clear as possible:

i want to know the best pokemon (specifically the movesets) avaliable ONLY on gen 5.

i dont want the 'dream team' or 'top of the top' (top 10~) pokemon, im looking for something like the best 50 or so pokemon with sets using move tutors/eggmoves/TMs avaliable only on gen 5, because there is no rush on gen 6, its not going anywhere.

after may 20 i will not be able to pass my RNG'ed pokemon from W2 to my Y right? or i got it wrong?

thanks in advance.
Gen V to VI transfer will not be affected. Only GTS and other Wifi exclusive capabilities available on DS and DSi systems will be affected.

Gen V to VI transfer will not be affected. Only GTS and other Wifi exclusive capabilities available on DS and DSi systems will be affected.
so the transfer via pokebank will not be shut down, only ingame trades? so i got it wrong in the end, thanks a lot.

then i have plenty of time to RNG more pokemon to transfer. is there any place where i can find the said list of best gen V exclusive sets? i have plenty of time but wasting time is not good either.

so the transfer via pokebank will not be shut down, only ingame trades? so i got it wrong in the end, thanks a lot.

then i have plenty of time to RNG more pokemon to transfer. is there any place where i can find the said list of best gen V exclusive sets? i have plenty of time but wasting time is not good either.
Honestly, just look at the Smogon analysis of Pokemon you enjoy using and see if any tutor moves are needed. Here are a few recommendations I have:

-Hyper Voice HA Eevee
-Hyper Voice Ralts
-Stealth Rock Infernape

you mean a thread like this one? http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-viability-ranking-thread-v2.3502428/

problem is the number of sets in those pokemon specific threads, and im not sure of which moves are avaliable only on gen 5.

i wanted to make RNG'ed pokes with the best moves avaliable on past gen to use as 'trade coin' for things like items (specially mega stones) or shiny pokemon on gen 6.

i know its a lot to ask, but there is any place where i can search this things (gen 5 only sets) faster than check move by move on the sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)