Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically with certain pokemon you can level 3 IV pokemon to a level to kickstart the breeding process? Wow, that sure sounds helpful. Thanks for all the answers guys.

And one last thing, if Tough Claws is a x1.33 boost, does this mean Mega Charizard X practically has a 172 Base Attack? Or is the boost before/after variables like STAB and level/IV/EV bonus?

So basically with certain pokemon you can level 3 IV pokemon to a level to kickstart the breeding process? Wow, that sure sounds helpful. Thanks for all the answers guys.

And one last thing, if Tough Claws is a x1.33 boost, does this mean Mega Charizard X practically has a 172 Base Attack? Or is the boost before/after variables like STAB and level/IV/EV bonus?
I'm PRETTY sure that the Tough Claws boost applies to the attack's base power. Also keep in mind it doesn't apply to non-contact moves like Earthquake. So Dragon Claw's base power effectively goes from 80 to 106, while Earthquake stays at 100.

Uhh, Earthquake is a Physical Move. Doesn't it count as a contact move?

Edit: Just read its Bulbapedia page. I get it now.

Anyway, does this make it better or worse than having base 172 ATK?

Provided that I only use contact moves.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Uhh, Earthquake is a Physical Move. Doesn't it count as a contact move?

Anyway, does this make it better or worse than having base 172 ATK?

Provided that I only use contact moves.
No abilities work the way you are thinking here. Tough Claws boosts the power of Contact moves. Not all Physical moves are contact, not all special are non contact (Grass Knot is contact, Earthquake is not). Huge Power "Doubles Attack" which means it doubles the actual stat, not the base stat. Having the boost on the move is better.

One quick question about Chimecho.

So I want to breed one to have Recover. However, it appears that Recover is a Chingling only Egg move. So in order to have a Chimecho with near perfect IVs and Recover... will it really be hard to do? Because in order to have a Chingling, you have to have the Chimecho holding the Pure Incense, and you can't have that and Everstone and Destiny Knot...

I'm really hoping there's an alternative way, because this seriously sounds annoying.

I have looked all over and cant seem to find information about this-

Was it confirmed or debunked that females pass on egg moves to offspring? I was thinking about trying to chain DD, Poison Fang and some others onto a Tyrunt using Seviper>Arbok+DDer>Arbok+Tyrunt, but Id like confirmation before I undergo this endeavor. Thanks in advance!

I have looked all over and cant seem to find information about this-

Was it confirmed or debunked that females pass on egg moves to offspring? I was thinking about trying to chain DD, Poison Fang and some others onto a Tyrunt using Seviper>Arbok+DDer>Arbok+Tyrunt, but Id like confirmation before I undergo this endeavor. Thanks in advance!
Females can indeed pass moves to babies. I do it all the time.

Can Sky Battles or any other new battle styles be conducted over wireless/Wi-Fi? I know that Inverse Battles unfortunately can't, but not sure about others.

Where is this "restaurant le WOW" I keep hearing about? :O
In Lumiose City.
When you fly to the Northern Boulevard and land in front of the Pokemon Center, go east and head into the first street you see (Hibernal Avenue). It'll be on the right side for you.
You can also just take a cab if you can't find it.

Is it somehow worthwhile to dine at the Sushi High Roller? The charge is outrageous and even when you activate the Prize Money Power you barely make any profit.

According to some rumors you will eventually receive enough discount in order to beat Le Wow but we are not able to test it yet. Does anyone know?

If a Protean Greninja switches out of battle, does the type reset to Water/Dark every time he switches back in? Or does it stay the type of the last move used?

Ex: If I U-Turn out of a fight and switch back in later, is the Bug typing still there or has it reset to Water/Dark?

Is it somehow worthwhile to dine at the Sushi High Roller? The charge is outrageous and even when you activate the Prize Money Power you barely make any profit.

According to some rumors you will eventually receive enough discount in order to beat Le Wow but we are not able to test it yet. Does anyone know?
you get a discount based on how much style you have, i have max style so it only costs me 90K

I've mastered all three courses of Sushi High Roller, then mastered Triples 3 more times, and the price never dropped below 450k. I think the rumour may have been misinformation, because getting max style drops the price from 500k to 450k, and they might have thought that was related to dining there often.

By the way, this is my team for Triples at Sushi High Roller, I can master the course every single time with it. I prefer Triples because it's the fastest.
Left:
Megazard Y
Ability: Drought
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Sunny Day (never needed it)
Charizard evolves on the first turn, to clear the opponent's weather. This nullifies hax abilities like sand veil, and guarantees a OHKO with Flamethrower. Megazard Y is invaluable, because nothing else can set up Sun instantly and still attack. Ninetales or Politoed would not work because their speed will cause their weather to be overwritten by the opponent's slower Hippowdon and Abomasnow. Air Slash is used to attack Pokemon that Flamethrower can't reach. Against the sand team make sure to kill the Gliscor before it can dig. Sunny Day is there if you need to kill time to meet the exact turn count, or if the opponent sets the weather back.

Centre:
Gardevoir
-Imprison
-Protect
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Moonblast
Imprison prevents the opponents from using Protect. 'Nuff said.

Right:
Lucario
Ability: Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Feint
The only use for Lucario is against the Trick Room team's Bronzong. Inner Focus prevents Flinch hax from Iron Head, and a +2 Close Combat destroys Bronzong. Feint is redundant with Imprison, but it's what I used to use before I got Gardevoir.

Previously unanswered questions:
What does the team flare bag in ST do?

What is the reward from the person in Cafe Woof for keeping a Furfrou groomed for 14 days?

Has anyone tried exchanging Pokemon over the GTS with 2 cartridges and the same 3DS? Since friend codes now identify the 3DS itself and not the individual game, I'm thinking the GTS might not let you trade with yourself.

If using a Power item and Destiny Knot are the 6 IVs guaranteed to pass over to the baby? I'm assuming if this is the case the only thing that isn't controllable is the Nature & Ability (which has no control to begin with). Much appreciated.

If using a Power item and Destiny Knot are the 6 IVs guaranteed to pass over to the baby? I'm assuming if this is the case the only thing that isn't controllable is the Nature & Ability (which has no control to begin with). Much appreciated.
No, the power item simply guarantees that one of the passed IVs is the specified stat. Destiny Knot raises the number of IVs passed to 5. With both you guarantee one stat to pass, and then 4 others are randomly chosen. Without Destiny Knot, you guarantee one stat to pass and then 2 others are randomly chosen.

Can Charmander learn 3 egg moves at once? (It has 2 default moves—Tackle and Growl iirc).

EDIT: it can. I deleted Scratch and Growl on the Move Deleter and it learned all 3 + Growl :)

Last edited:
Can Charmander learn 3 egg moves at once? (It has 2 default moves—Tackle and Growl iirc).

EDIT: it can. I deleted Scratch and Growl on the Move Deleter and it learned all 3 + Growl :)
You can actually learn four egg moves. I bred a seadra with dragon pulse, dragon dance, twister, and hydro pump with a bagon, and got a bagon that knew those four moves.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
If a Protean Greninja switches out of battle, does the type reset to Water/Dark every time he switches back in? Or does it stay the type of the last move used?

Ex: If I U-Turn out of a fight and switch back in later, is the Bug typing still there or has it reset to Water/Dark?
As far as I am aware you do not keep your typing. Whenever you switch back in you would revert to Water/Dark.

What is the reward from the person in Cafe Woof for keeping a Furfrou groomed for 14 days?

Has anyone tried exchanging Pokemon over the GTS with 2 cartridges and the same 3DS? Since friend codes now identify the 3DS itself and not the individual game, I'm thinking the GTS might not let you trade with yourself.
1) As far as I am aware, pretty much nothing. It might raise happiness or something. I don't know if a lot of research has been put into what the bags outside of the EV ones actually do.

2) No idea, try it and find out for us. I doubt anyone knows (I will check the guide when I get home to see if it has anything).

3) Again, I doubt anyone has tried as the chance of interception is very high.

Credits are boring af. If i turn off my 3ds in the credits, will it bring me to my home directly?
You can also just hold down A and the credits stream much faster than usual.

What the Team Flare bag does is it actually gets your Pokemon into the smiley face state, which means they're more energetic and thus if you punch on the default bag you'll more likely to find new stat-up bags.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
One quick question about Chimecho.

So I want to breed one to have Recover. However, it appears that Recover is a Chingling only Egg move. So in order to have a Chimecho with near perfect IVs and Recover... will it really be hard to do? Because in order to have a Chingling, you have to have the Chimecho holding the Pure Incense, and you can't have that and Everstone and Destiny Knot...

I'm really hoping there's an alternative way, because this seriously sounds annoying.
Just responding to this: It really is this annoying. Sorry man :( Your best bet is to try Destony Knot + Pure Incense and just keep trying for the right nature... I think that will be much less frustrating than the other combinations. On the plus side, wild Chingling have 3 perfect IVs iirc because they count as a Baby Pokemon.

Have you ever seen that smiley face after the Pokemon have rested? It doubles the speed in which the bags can be finished. We do not know for how long it works, though.

Pardon us, we do not know.

We did; in one game we uploaded a Haunter and asked for something ridiculous like a Level 100 Yveltal in return. In the second game, we trade an Yveltal for this Haunter - with the same system we have used to upload the Haunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)