Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just responding to this: It really is this annoying. Sorry man :( Your best bet is to try Destony Knot + Pure Incense and just keep trying for the right nature... I think that will be much less frustrating than the other combinations. On the plus side, wild Chingling have 3 perfect IVs iirc because they count as a Baby Pokemon.
Well now I know just how annoying that was. About two boxes worth of Chinglings and only one gave me a Bold nature. It was pretty decent though, 31/x/31/31/31/10-12 so I kept it. It's currently on cleric duty on my Super Rotation Battles team in the Battle Maison.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I've beaten the E4 and gave the Maison a go, so I thought I'd go looking for mega stones, except none of them are appearing... The mega stone guide here (as well as everywhere else) says they appear post-E4, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So anyway my simple question is, where are they??

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I've beaten the E4 and gave the Maison a go, so I thought I'd go looking for mega stones, except none of them are appearing... The mega stone guide here (as well as everywhere else) says they appear post-E4, but that doesn't seem to be the case. So anyway my simple question is, where are they??
Have you activated the post game quest to activate them appearing?

Beat your rival in Kiloude and they tell you to head to Anistar. After speaking with Sycamore there, he says that they only appear between 8pm and 9pm and dazzle brightly. You can ONLY find them between these times iirc.

I started to wonder: We can mark our pokemon when using the PC and there are 6 markings available. I and many others use those markings to make it easier to see which IVs hit 31 without having to check every time. How do most people mark? Is there any inofficial standard in marking? (Using the heart for HP or whatever) Is this even an easy question?

I started to wonder: We can mark our pokemon when using the PC and there are 6 markings available. I and many others use those markings to make it easier to see which IVs hit 31 without having to check every time. How do most people mark? Is there any inofficial standard in marking? (Using the heart for HP or whatever) Is this even an easy question?
I generally use the markings (from left to right) as HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed. I would imagine most others do the same.

I generally use the markings (from left to right) as HP, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, Speed. I would imagine most others do the same.
Yeah I've seen this a couple of times now and I think I have to change my version to this inofficial standard so others don't get confused. Is this a good idea?

Hello, got Pokemon X. Looking for Alakazite and Tyranitarite

I checked reflection cave/2nd pokemon gym, but can't seem to find each stone. Please and thank you :)

Hello, got Pokemon X. Looking for Alakazite and Tyranitarite

I checked reflection cave/2nd pokemon gym, but can't seem to find each stone. Please and thank you :)
Have you obtained any of the other Mega Stones? You need to have Sycamore upgrade your ring at the Anistar Sundial to be able to find hidden Mega Stones.

To trigger this, you must first have beaten the Elite Four, tried a battle in the Battle Maison, and then beaten your rival in Kiloude.

Have you obtained any of the other Mega Stones? You need to have Sycamore upgrade your ring at the Anistar Sundial to be able to find hidden Mega Stones.

To trigger this, you must first have beaten the Elite Four, tried a battle in the Battle Maison, and then beaten your rival in Kiloude.
Oh. Ive beaten the game and played the maison.....haven't found the rival in the town yet. So I guess Ill do that and go to Anistar. Many thanks

Kind of a dumb question, but it seems that Aegislash sets always include Shadow Sneak. Why is this preferable to Shadow Claw? I know that Sneak is priority, but attacking first prompts Stance Change, giving your opponent the opportunity to hit you when you're undefended (if you don't KO them). Do most people only use Shadow Sneak when they know they're going to get a KO? Or is there some other thing that I'm missing here?

Kind of a dumb question, but it seems that Aegislash sets always include Shadow Sneak. Why is this preferable to Shadow Claw? I know that Sneak is priority, but attacking first prompts Stance Change, giving your opponent the opportunity to hit you when you're undefended (if you don't KO them). Do most people only use Shadow Sneak when they know they're going to get a KO? Or is there some other thing that I'm missing here?
Its great at revenge killing. If SE, the attack still does a ridiculous amount of damage since it has a high base attack. And if you have a swords dance, shadow sneak is a very powerful priority move indeed.

Its great at revenge killing. If SE, the attack still does a ridiculous amount of damage since it has a high base attack. And if you have a swords dance, shadow sneak is a very powerful priority move indeed.
Ok that makes sense then. Trainers aren't leaving themselves vulnerable in that case. Then the next turn they can just go for King's Shield or switch out if needed (although Ghost/Fighting has nearly perfect coverage IIRC?).

Anyway thanks for the help!

umm is brave bird a priority move or something? I just saw a talonflame use brave bird before my azumaril used aqua jet! It wasn't even choice scarfed or anything. Wtf is that about?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
umm is brave bird a priority move or something? I just saw a talonflame use brave bird before my azumaril used aqua jet! It wasn't even choice scarfed or anything. Wtf is that about?
Gale Wings gives Talonflame priority on Flying type moves. It is its HA.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Wow! I think I need to run this mon. But one speed priority beats a priority move lol
When 2 Pokemon use a move of the same priority, it drops back to a basic speed calc to solve the "tie". Talonflame is one of the fastest Pokemon out there, so pretty much will always win a priority tie.

It's coming off like base 80 attack and it's completely walled by Rock-types, so it's not as broken as it might sound. But yeah it is a very capable Pokemon!

Whats a great Pokemon to use Toxic and whittle down other Pokemon with and be almost unable to die because of how bulky it is? I wanna try something fun in online battles with friends but taken moderately serious.

Preferably something with Protect, high Defense and Special Defense, and a recovery move like Rest or something, and of course able to learn Toxic (Which Im sure almost all Pokemon can learn).

I was thinking Bronzong or something but is he even available in X and Y?

Whats a great Pokemon to use Toxic and whittle down other Pokemon with and be almost unable to die because of how bulky it is? I wanna try something fun in online battles with friends but taken moderately serious.

Preferably something with Protect, high Defense and Special Defense, and a recovery move like Rest or something, and of course able to learn Toxic (Which Im sure almost all Pokemon can learn).

I was thinking Bronzong or something but is he even available in X and Y?
Try Shuckle. He has gotten better in Gen 6 and has other moves to annoy your friends with as well!

Try Shuckle. He has gotten better in Gen 6 and has other moves to annoy your friends with as well!
Happen to know a good moveset and stuff? I'm not the best with that kind of thing. Dont really know how much better hes gotten since 5th gen and in what ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)