Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just finally happy the whole point of these new games (apart from MegaEvos) is almost confirmed: the newly unveiled trio.

Im particularly liking Volcanion and Diancie! I think Hoopa will be the Leg Pixie as they never seem to want to break the part Psychic-typing tradition.

Anyone any info on Diancies, the BigRing (Volcanion nick) stats? I need at least 1 of their offenses to top Base 135!

If they do, that's practically job done for this Gen for me!

My cloyster cannot relearn Ice Shard in the Move Reminder -____- Why? A person said that it cannot learn it because Cloyster cannot learn it (Shellder can). But Cloyster can't also learn Shell Smash (Shellder only) but mine relearned it via the Move Reminder.

I am looking at the description for Quick Guard on Serebii. It says it will not block Prankster moves, but will it stop Talonflame's priority from Gale Wings?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
OK, thanks! Does anyone hve the percentages?
Not sure, probably about ten percent or so. However, as you're meeting five Pokémon at the same time, the chance of finding a HA 'mon in a Horde battle is close to 50%. If you have a way of identifying the abilities (using Role Play or something), it won't take you many tries to find one.

I recently had some Wifi battles on XY, but on 3 occations I couldn't finish the match because of an error leading to a disconnection. Is it possible to distinguish between a connection problem on my part and a connection problem on the opponents side?

On every occation I got this message:
" An error has occured.
Communication with the other Trainer was interrupted."

Does this mean that my opponent (rage)-quit the battle or can it be a problem with my wifi-connection? On each occation I was going to win the battle within a few rounds, but that may just have been a coincidence.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
If you mega-evolve in battle, and the mega stone is tricked away- does your pokemon stay mega?
Mega stones cannot be tricked/switcheroo'd or theifed. It's safe.

I recently had some Wifi battles on XY, but on 3 occations I couldn't finish the match because of an error leading to a disconnection. Is it possible to distinguish between a connection problem on my part and a connection problem on the opponents side?

On every occation I got this message:
" An error has occured.
Communication with the other Trainer was interrupted."

Does this mean that my opponent (rage)-quit the battle or can it be a problem with my wifi-connection? On each occation I was going to win the battle within a few rounds, but that may just have been a coincidence.
Usually means that they Disconnected. If you come out of the battle, and you still have connection to the PSS, it's at their end, not yours.

I am looking at the description for Quick Guard on Serebii. It says it will not block Prankster moves, but will it stop Talonflame's priority from Gale Wings?
Serebii's mechanics are out of date. Quick Guard now stops ALL "targeted" priority, including those boosted by Gale Wings or Prankster.

Pokebank OU is just OU except that it assumes people have access to Pokebank (which of course isn't out yet). OU is restricted to Pokemon and sets obtainable in XY without Pokebank.

Question: What's better on Noivern; Scarf or Life Orb? (For Battle Maison, not competitive)
In game, I think Noivern needs all the power he can get, so Life Orb might be better. Of course, if you cry inside every time you see an Aerodactyl, Crobat, Jolteon, Accelgor, or Electrode (often enough) then I'd actually recommend loading up on priority moves, Scarfing a different Pokemon because it might be a waste on Noivern in-game, or running Pokemon that laugh at all their attacks.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Probably a stupid question but what is the difference between pokebank OU and OU on showdown?
Pokebank OU is just OU except that it assumes people have access to Pokebank (which of course isn't out yet). OU is restricted to Pokemon and sets obtainable in XY without Pokebank.
Not strictly true. "Pokebank OU" is a bit of a misnomer... It allows everything regardless of whether it is obtainable or not. I believe OU atm is just Kalos available stuff. This question might be better answered in the Uncharted Territory SQSA.

Im getting tired of iv breeding atm and I am trying to chain. Can anyone tell me a good place to chain, preferably Kalos pokemon? I am interested in new shinies and do not really care for Eevee.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I was wonder if it is worth it to own every pokemon in the Kalos region (I've already seen them all)? Is there some kind of reward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)