Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Nope. The most recent is Battle Revolution which is really for DP, though it may work with Pt and HGSS, but I don't have it, so I don't know for sure.
It does work with heart-gold and soul-silver, I know that for sure.
I'd assume this would mean platinum works as well, but I have not tested it.

Terrakion is just a good pokémon, he get Close Combat really late but you can still use Sacred Sword, plus Rock Slide/Stone Edge, X-Scissor for coverage and a boosting move of your choice (you can also use both Rock Polish and Swords Dance since when you set up both you just need your STABs).
If Excadrill has Sand Rush keep Hippo, the sandstorm damage also helps even if some of your pokémon aren't immune to it.
You can replace Chandelure with Volcarona, which also learn those TMs plus Quiver Dance at 59
Basically, what do I need that fire pokemon for?

You don't really need a Fire-type pokémon but something that can learn both Psychic and Shadow Ball and they came to mind. You can go for Reuniclus or Jellicent if you prefer.
Well you can just use Haxorus, DD/SD, spam Dragon Claw and revive it when he faints but I personally don't like tactics like this.

You don't really need a Fire-type pokémon but something that can learn both Psychic and Shadow Ball and they came to mind. You can go for Reuniclus or Jellicent if you prefer.
Well you can just use Haxorus, DD/SD, spam Dragon Claw and revive it when he faints but I personally don't like tactics like this.
My Excadrill has:
- Sword Dance
- EQ
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

So basically he can counter Psychics. The only type that I don't have coverage in my moves is fight. However, fighties unfortunatelly cannot do anything to my Exc, so I can just zerg-through using STAB EQ.
I just do not like diverting my team like that. But thank you very much anyways. ;)

1. Nothing indicates an intent or a purpose, probably just laziness or carelessness. Some morons probably have taken Igglybuff or Cleffa as a template and have forgotten to change the type, which explains why it happens to be a Normal type; it also explains the strange gender distribution.

2. Because it is like that. In the 4th and the 5th generation it actually has 15 PP.

1. Nothing indicates an intent or a purpose, probably just laziness or carelessness. Some morons probably have taken Igglybuff or Cleffa as a template and have forgotten to change the type, which explains why it happens to be a Normal type; it also explains the strange gender distribution.

2. Because it is like that. In the 4th and the 5th generation it actually has 15 PP.
1) Ok and do you know why it looks so sad ? It's not cute at all due to its sadface :(. A baby pokemon is an excuse for adding a cute creature for kids amiright ?

2) Didn't noticed it has been increased to 15 PP even though I had Snivy when I played Pokemon white. It's still low compared to other moves with similar strength (tackle, water gun, gust etc).

You know, there is no need to question any aspect that seems strange, suspecting hidden messages where it does not make sense.
Some people think that sad children are adorable, that's it. We'll send you a few examples.

You're right, I just don't like illogical stuff and feel like questioning them all the time. Thx for your replies though.

Nope. The most recent is Battle Revolution which is really for DP, though it may work with Pt and HGSS, but I don't have it, so I don't know for sure.
I have Battle Revolution and it does work with Pt and HGSS, but the only Wii games they have come out with for 5th gen are those Pokepark games aimed at very small children.

can i ask a little question?

I'm kinda troubled in which pokemons to select in the main story play

I picked up darmanitan, and i will pick up haxorus and zekrom later in the

game, but i'm wondering if this is enough for the story playthrough and

beating N and the champion and everything

i've heard from the fifth generation(which i've started in a long time)

experience gained decreases when my pokemon beats a pokemon

of a very lower level, so i shouldn't only raise one or two of them ( to avoid the

experience being concentrated, but raising too many would make it hard to

beat the game...

could you tell me how many, and what pokemon i'll have to pick up to

enjoy the game relatively easily?

recommendations would be nice!

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
@Caseby:

I used a Krookodile on my run through B1, and it can easily beat N's Zekrom. If you are playing White, you might have a bit more trouble, but it shouldn't be super hard considering you still get supereffective STAB on Reshiram.

@CasebyCase:

You can farm Audinos for massive experience points which you can easily trigger rustling grass by running around and then depending where it is, use a repel to reach the spot. I would suggest Tepig as your starter.

This has been bugging me for a while. I want to ask a question about the mechanics of effect spore.

If a steel pokemon such as metagross were to use meteor mash on a pokemon with effect spore (such as amoonguss), would the chance of it being statused be 20% as it can not be poisoned? or alternatively does it have a 30% chance to only sleep or paralyse?

Similar situation with pokemon with limber and being unable to be paralysed and pokemon with inner vitality that can not sleep, etc.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This has been bugging me for a while. I want to ask a question about the mechanics of effect spore.

If a steel pokemon such as metagross were to use meteor mash on a pokemon with effect spore (such as amoonguss), would the chance of it being statused be 20% as it can not be poisoned? or alternatively does it have a 30% chance to only sleep or paralyse?

Similar situation with pokemon with limber and being unable to be paralysed and pokemon with inner vitality that can not sleep, etc.
According to Bulbapedia, Effect Spore has a 9% Poison Chance, a 10% Paralysis Chance, & an 11% Sleep Chance. So basically, when something like the scenario you mentioned happens, that 30% chance of being afflicted drops to a 19/20/21% chance, depending on the Pokémon.

I remember reading that but it still confused me, I might test 100 bullet punches against amoonguss..

Except I don't have a way to do that in game, and i'm guessing showdown isn't optimised for it (ie it could be wrong)

I think it's much simpler than that : The chances of getting statused are the same except that when the poison hax is activated, the steel type pokemon is not poisoned. It just removes the possibility of being poisoned but the possibilities of paralysis and burn are unchanged.

For the Eon Ticket e-reader card, if I restart the game's save file, can I get the Eon Ticket again, or is it only 1 per game pak, like Jirachi?

I think both the Eon Ticket and Jirachi are 1 per save file. By definition, the save file is the only part of the game that holds the data preventing you from getting 2.

The only thing I know that is truly 1 per game pak is the original Ranger's Manaphy Egg, which is 1 per game pak on Ranger but 1 per save file in D/P. (And even then, it's just because the game refuses to let you delete the Ranger Net save data. If you managed to somehow corrupt this data and force it to be deleted, you would theoretically be able to send 2 Manaphy Eggs from 1 Ranger game cartridge.)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I don't know anywhere else to ask this, but it might be out-of-place since it might not be pokemon-related. But here goes:
So I got home and everything, put my 3DS on standby with white 2 still on and when I came back, the light which flashes red when your 3DS is really going to run out of battery very quickly, it is just permanently white. I went onto streetpass, and nothing was happening. I went to join avenue on the town map and nothing seemed different (still no visitors :{) so can anyone tell me what's happening!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)