Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In RBY Tier list it's said that Charizard is weak to Ice moves, it really surprised me. I know the game is bugged and says "It's super effective!" but if I remember correctly, it didn't affect the damage and Ice moves were neutral vs Charizard?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
In RBY Tier list it's said that Charizard is weak to Ice moves, it really surprised me. I know the game is bugged and says "It's super effective!" but if I remember correctly, it didn't affect the damage and Ice moves were neutral vs Charizard?
Ice-type Attacks deal Neutral Damage to Fire-types in Gen I, so it is definitely not a glitch. Remember the type-chart in Gen I is different to the other gens.

Ice-type Attacks deal Neutral Damage to Fire-types in Gen I, so it is definitely not a glitch. Remember the type-chart in Gen I is different to the other gens.
I thought in Gen I, there is a glitch, that makes the message "It´s super/not very effective" very often false.
If both, the first and the second typing doens´t get neutral damage from an attack (but got any damage), the last typing set the message you will see.
Razor Leaf on Gyarados = Not very effective
Blizzard on Charizard = Super effective
Bot in both examples the damage is neutral.

Yes, the glitch you're talking about existed, but in gen I besides dark/steel there were other differences: bug SE vs poison, poison SE vs bug, psychic immune to ghost and ice neutral vs fire

Yes, the glitch you're talking about existed, but in gen I besides dark/steel there were other differences: bug SE vs poison, poison SE vs bug, psychic immune to ghost and ice neutral vs fire
*facepalm*
Thanks, I totally forgot about that differences.

btw, anyone? :x

I hope that kind of question is okay in this Forum.

I got my GB Transferrer II some weeks ago and used it for a backup of my Pokemon Crystal. Since there are savegame editors I used one, because I have some Stat Exp trained Pokémon without some important breeding moves (I know cheating is not okay)
I saw that I have some "invisible" Pokémon in some boxes. The savegame editor says, that there are there and I can check them, but ingame they are invisible.
I have no access to them but I know, that I had them once. What can cause Pokémon to disapear? I have never used the cloning glitch, I only had a problem with the Trainer House Glitch.
Changing the Pokémon will make the Box strange after I caught any new Pokémon or deposit/move anything in that box.
This is a lot of space I can´t use.

Thanks for every helpful answer.

Me and my friend were battling on stadium 2 and when I was fighting his forretress with my Feraligatr my earthquake and rock smash were not super effective. What gives?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Forretress is part Bug, which resists Ground and Fighting. Its Steel typing nullifies the resistances to those types, so they hit it neutrally.

Me and my friend were battling on stadium 2 and when I was fighting his forretress with my Feraligatr my earthquake and rock smash were not super effective. What gives?
Forretress is Bug/Steel type so when it is hit by Earthquake,the super effective from steel and the not very effective from bug combine to normal effectiveness.When it is hit by Rock Smash,the super effective from fighting and the not very effective from bug combine and here also,normal damage is the result.Hope I helped.

is X and Y gonna release in Brazil on same release date/time as other countries on e-shop? also does anyone know in general WHEN the digital copy will be online on e-shop? 00:00 GMT or?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How weak a move has to be to be boosted by Technician in PMD?
I actually cannot find anything for this particular question :| There seems to be scant information at all about the abilities in PMD.

EDIT: YES FOUND SOMETHING

• If the attacker has Technician and the attack used is not the regular attack or a throwing item and the attack’s power (not modified by stat stages and stat multipliers) is 4 or less, the Damage is multiplied by 1.5.
From http://www.upokecenter.com/content/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-2-damage-calculation

is X and Y gonna release in Brazil on same release date/time as other countries on e-shop? also does anyone know in general WHEN the digital copy will be online on e-shop? 00:00 GMT or?
As far as I am aware with a Global release, it should become available at midnight across each time zone. I guess this means Australia/Japan get it approximately 10 hours before Europe and and 16 before America... When Steam does Global Releases it ALWAYS goes via American time (As in, it does not release in Europe until 6~9am etc. I don't know what Nintendo's policies are like when it comes to this sort of thing.

OK, but do you know if Brazil will have same release date as other countries for sure? because bulbapedia and some other sources say that there are some exceptions, I am afraid that Brazil is one of those exceptions.

OK, but do you know if Brazil will have same release date as other countries for sure? because bulbapedia and some other sources say that there are some exceptions, I am afraid that Brazil is one of those exceptions.
The exceptions are probably those countries which languages are not included in the game. Portuguese is included so you guys should be able to download it on release.

Here's the situation: I want a starter Pokemon (in HGSS) with good IVs (because I find it fun to indulge my sentimentality in-game), but I don't have an Action Replay to wizard up the rare candies needed to verify. I could...

- Buy an Action Replay, but...I'd like to start my game soon, and I don't know where to buy one. Could I find one at a major retail store like Walmart?
- Trade for a better one, but...I will cut you if you touch my Totodile. >:/ The role-playing/virtual pet elements of the game do actually matter to me when playing game card/cartridge.
- Continually level grind, calculate, restart, repeat, but...please, God, no.
- Something else???
-Cry more over my Pokemanz.

wat do.

Last edited:
Here's the situation: I want a starter Pokemon (in HGSS) with good IVs (because I find it fun to indulge my sentimentality in-game), but I don't have an Action Replay to wizard up the rare candies needed to verify. I could...

- Buy an Action Replay, but...I'd like to start my game soon, and I don't know where to buy one. Could I find one at a major retail store like Walmart?
- Trade for a better one, but...I will cut you if you touch my Totodile. >:/ The role-playing/virtual pet elements of the game do actually matter to me when playing game card/cartridge.
- Continually level grind, calculate, restart, repeat, but...please, God, no.
- Something else???
-Cry more over my Pokemanz.

wat do.
Walmart sells Action Replay devices.

We do not recommend you to use Action Replay if you actually care for role playing. HGSS gives you the tools for verifying your Pokemons' IVs - via WiFi battle. In a WiFi battle every Pokemon will be scaled to Lv 100 temporarily. Alternately, use Pokécheck.
Also, should you care for good IVs, you'll definitely want to learn RNG prediction. Here is the special case for the starters (it is not recommended perform it on the Jotho starters, but it is nonetheless possible if you are patient and/or skilled). For questions about RNG abuse, ask them in that thread.

Thank you very much. I did end up buying an Action Replay yesterday.

Though I do want to enjoy Pokemon as an RPG, doing so is naturally going to involve a balancing act of what I feel will harm that goal more. For instance, repeatedly soft resetting can be tedious enough on its own, but progressing far enough in the game to unlock Wi-Fi battles just to restart every time my starter's IVs are not as desired would surely take me out of the experience completely - and take a prohibitive amount of time, at that. Since the Pokemon that I'm concerned with here is my starter, Totodile, Wi-Fi battling is not a particularly viable method of discovering its IVs.

I'd only be using rare candies to expedite the process - to immediately verify statistics that I would later be able to verify at any time (and personally, I would have preferred that EVs and IVs were public statistics to begin with). I mean to save before using them and level-up normally.

I will absolutely look into RNG manipulation, though.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Can anyone tell me the exact moveset of Snorlax and Chansey from XD? The ones we get to keep obviously.
Snorlax: Lv 43 - Refresh, Fissure, Curse, Body Slam
Chansey: Lv 39 - Sweet Kiss, Thunderbolt, Softboiled, Skill Swap

Hope that helps :D

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Cool, and the XD Snorlax is male right? so it can learn both curse and self-destruct?
I actually think Shadows follow the same rules of gender as wilds do... As in it is 87.5% male, 12.5% female. It's not guaranteed either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)