Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the happiness mechanic change in XY? My Riolu and Azurill has not evolved yet and they're already at level 20 and I've done what I did in all previous generations (level up, walk, captured in Luxury Balls, etc.)

In XY does "max happiness" mean you have to get 5 hearts in Pokemon Amie instead of what was done in previous generations?

In XY does "max happiness" mean you have to get 5 hearts in Pokemon Amie instead of what was done in previous generations?
I highly doubt that since Eevee is supposed to evolve into Sylveon like that. I think Happiness stayed the same since Return on my Pokemon has gotten stronger as the game progressed (i.e. as they've won battles and gained experience).

Although, my Eevee wants to evolve into Espeon/Umbreon now so either hearts are happiness (and you essentially need 6 hearts for it to be max since my Eevee didn't try to evolve into anything with only 5) or Poke Amie is a great way to max happiness. I caught Eevee at Lv. 20 and haven't used it in many battles, but it already has max happiness at Lv. 23.

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure walking raises happiness outside of HGSS when the Pokemon was first in your party. I know that increases happiness a ton and let me get a Crobat right after my Zubat evolved into Golbat.

So can i ride Gogoat whenever i feel like it if i own one? mine is level 60 and im still waiting for a saddle or something.. or is it like Rhyhorn where its a set event not my own pokemon? : /

Did the happiness mechanic change in XY? My Riolu and Azurill has not evolved yet and they're already at level 20 and I've done what I did in all previous generations (level up, walk, captured in Luxury Balls, etc.)

Nevermind, my Riolu just evolved and his Pokemon Amie hearts were 0.

How exactly do you evolve Eevee into Sylveon? My Eevee's had 5 hearts in Poke Amie for a while now but won't evolve and now it's just evolving into Espeon/Umbreon.
I believe it also has to have a Fairy-type move.

Okay, I'm stuck. I just got Team Flare out of the Power Plant, but they're still saying there's a blackout in Lumiose City. So what do I do now? Am I missing something?

I believe it also has to have a Fairy-type move.

Okay, I'm stuck. I just got Team Flare out of the Power Plant, but they're still saying there's a blackout in Lumiose City. So what do I do now? Am I missing something?
if you beat the final boss, they should clear out and the blackout ends. you sure you beat everyone in therE?

Anyone knows which specific extra Super Training gives a Dusk Stone? I've been doing the aegislash one, even if it doesn't specify Dusk Stone, assuming that would be the one. I haven't unlocked them all yet, though.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anyone knows which specific extra Super Training gives a Dusk Stone? I've been doing the aegislash one, even if it doesn't specify Dusk Stone, assuming that would be the one. I haven't unlocked them all yet, though.
it's that one, you just have to beat it quick.

Does anybody know if you kill the legendaries and then you save, and then rebattle them, can they still be soft reset? It will be great help if it did because you wouldn't have to go over the animation again

Last edited:
Does anybody know if you kill the legendaries and then you save, and then rebattle them, can they still be soft reset? It will be great help if it did because you wouldn't have to go over the animation again
Yes, KO Xerneas/Yvetal first time, then save and SR for the second battle. They will change.

I believe it also has to have a
I was stuck for a while too. Instead of flying/going to Lumiose from an old way after defeating Team Flare at the plant, go south from the badlands and go to Lumiose from the north, it should then unlock the rest of Lumiose and allow you to continue.

So nobody has any idea if you can evolve magneton?
There are a few places I'd recommend trying, the Power Plant, Reflection Cave or Glittering Cave. I'll see if I can catch one and give it a go.

Since the Power Plant has no wild Pokemon in it, it might be best outside the plant, which would be difficult considering the Pokemon there.

Edit: Just caught a Magneton, gonna test this out.

DoubleEdit: Brent555 Yep, Route 13. Same will go for Nosepass more than likely.

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hmmm, my record is 2:26, pretty quick, I think. Do you get the stone always or is it a top tier reward among other possibilities? Or maybe I have to surpass the 2:30 time remaining mark...
who are you using? iirc there's four or five different types of super training attacks. if you use the green one (highest power) you beat the challenge in four hits, which is how I got my dusk stone

who are you using? iirc there's four or five different types of super training attacks. if you use the green one (highest power) you beat the challenge in four hits, which is how I got my dusk stone
Ah, I was using Doublade, but if that's the case I'll use Chestnaught who has the green shot. Thanks for the tip!

What would the best nature be for Xerneas? I'm thinking Timid but I'm not that good at creating strategies. Help?
Timid would probably be best so it can still outspeed Jolly Rayquaza. Modest would also be fine since it will be fast enough anyway after the +2 from Geomancy.

Anyone know if Magikarp can be found in Y? If so, where?
Thanks in advance. :)
Magikarp is found in both versions, on Route 3 or Route 22. You probably have to fish with an old (or better) rod.

Which balloon in Secret Super Training gives Sun Stones?

Also, is anyone willing to give me a Houndoomite lol? I'll give you a Manectrite once I get it... or you can have a free RNGd Pokemon of mine xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)