HG/SS Ditto Glitch, "the Beserk Gene glitch"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are not already aware, in SS/HG, Ditto can be go through a "glitch" to keep the moves learned from Transform.

Step 1: Use Transform with your Ditto when facing a Pokemon that has Rage.
Step 2: Use up all the PP for Rage.
Step 3: Defeat the opponent pokemon.
Step 4: Ditto will now keep all of the copied moves.

But more importantly other things have been discovered:
If you breed this glitched Ditto, it will transfer its moves that are learnable as egg moves to the offspring

Ditto @ Quick Powder; Jolly.

252 HP 252 Speed 6 Def

- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Transform

Ditto in OU?
Aww right.

This also allows the passing of illegal move combinations, an Azurill has been breed with Belly drum and Aquajet,

It is in the process of testing to see if mew and Smeargle can use this technique.

courtasy of Gamefaqs
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960099&topic=54152536
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=960099&topic=54191959

This might be a bit of a headache, but I wonder also if a Poke that knows Copycat or Mimc could copy Transform, provided it was Mew or Smeargle that Trasformed, and if Mew or Smergle knew Rage at the time, and do the same thing?

as far as I know though, Mimic and Copycat are 3rd Gen tutored moves, and would need transfered first. This might be a bit to many what if's for some people, but I'm betting there is some nut out there that might try it.

this won't/shouldn't be allowed in the battles as a legitimate/legal method
i don't see this being any different from ar and pokesav
vgc won't ever allow this either (probably)

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm ok, but who does learn Rage? You don't have many options of pokémon to Transform into. Unless, of course, you use the Mimic Glitch from early Japanese D/P carts to teach Rage to any pokémon, but even then, it'd be easier to just use the D/P cart to begin with.

Smeargle can get Rage and any 3 other moves with Sketch. This has already been discussed (and locked) in Stark as well as the Shoddy Battle Forum. No one's going to implement it because anything with Mimic (basically all non-Gen 4 Pokemon) can get any three moves and along with one move from their level up/TM list.

This was posted in the Shoddy Battle Forum in response to implementing Acid Rain but not this glitch.

This has been discussed and it was also found that there is a variation of this glitch that allows you to get any pokemon that can learn mimic with any move. Because this combination allows for many more moves then were intended (i.e. Aerodactyl with Head Smash and Brave Bird), that it was decided we would not implement this.

The difference between this and the Platinum Weather, is that one occurs outside of battle, while the other occurs in battle. This means that we can control what people bring into battle, thus preventing them from bringing in Pokemon with moves acquired that way, while we can't stop the Platinum Weather from activating if the circumstances for that come to fruition in the middle of a battle.

Ignoring all the other problems, it'd be too overcentralizing to have a Ditto with a 100% sleep move and the speed of a scarfer. Additionally, Ditto would be a perfect pokemon at any point of the game. It incapacitates one of the opponent's pokemon and brings the switch-in into an even scenario by transforming it (and this would be disregarding the other mayhem it could do with its movepool).

My quoted post says why we allow Platinum Weather but not this, specifically the bolded part.

Not much else I need to say.

(not to mention another topic about this was already closed today)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)