HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could easily be Pokemon XD2, Stadium 3, or some other game that would be released on Wii.

Hopefully they want to keep their handheld gamers happy though.

G/S remake would be good.

Or Pokemon Stadium 1/2 on DS? It's possible. Just unlikely.
I'd much prefer a Pokemon Snap 2 DSiWare title before Pokemon Stadium goes portable.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well lets be honest now, pretty much anything GSC related is going to feel like a let down due to the step up it was of RBY. This is why i'd prefer something totally new - at least the hype has a possibility of being fulfilled then.

Looking at the Pokemon Sunday video, in addition to the Gold and Silver balls used to make an announcement, at the end of the section, there also appear to be two posters on easels in the background that are blurred out (presumably of the to-be-announced games), with one appearing gold and the other silver:
http://www.filb.de/1042

So, things are definitely pointing towards G/S remakes. If for some reasons the colors turn out to just be misleading though, we do at least now know it's a pair of games, so that eliminates all the PBR 2 stuff and such as possibilities.

Edit: Here's a scrennshot of the posters:
Wow, good call there!

With all this evidence, I'll be mighty disappointed if it's not a GS remake.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Not much hope for Wii-pokemon games.

I read an interview a week or 2 ago on G4 with the 2 top dawgs from The Pokemon Company and they were directly asked if there were even any remote plans for another 3-D RPG for the Wii in the XD / Colloseum vein, and they were pretty direct in stating that portable was the way to go for them, because it lets you trade / battle / interact with friends easier than with a home based console like the Wii. As a huge fan of XD (who else has XD001 with PsychoBoost ;P) I really hope they were just doing the normal "Nintendo denies any existince of such a thing untill it is officially released by Nintendo" routine, but I really doubt it. :(

Do they celebrate Mother's Day in Japan? Maybe it's some new Pokemon DSi-ware for Moms? You know, like maybe... "Pokemon Gold and Silver : DAYCARE EDITION" where you just raise baby pokemon and hatch the eggs for other people?!?!?! *just being stupid y'all :P*

Yeeeeah remakes would be a nice thing, but can't you already get everything they'd have to offer in the 3rd and 4th gen games that are out right now? I haven't played the GameCube Pokémon titles, so I'm not sure, but I'm wondering how much sense a GS remake would make.

Yeeeeah remakes would be a nice thing, but can't you already get everything they'd have to offer in the 3rd and 4th gen games that are out right now? I haven't played the GameCube Pokémon titles, so I'm not sure, but I'm wondering how much sense a GS remake would make.
I think this is the biggest argument against the theory that they are going to make remakes.

The biggest argument for is that since the internal batteries runs out in roughly 7 years, and since the games were released in 1999 through 2001, most of the cartridges around the world would have a dead battery by now.

While all Pokémon can be obtained, it's very hard to get the Legendary Beasts (especially if you want good IVs/natures), Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, and the GSC starters.

This had better be the GSC remake we've all been waiting for. That series was, by far, the best series. Then again, this could just be a new spinoff game series, or, possibly, the announcment of the fifth generation in development.

But in the end, I still want a GSC remake.

This had better be the GSC remake we've all been waiting for. That series was, by far, the best series. Then again, this could just be a new spinoff game series, or, possibly, the announcment of the fifth generation in development.

But in the end, I still want a GSC remake.
Agreed, GSC was by far the best.

How long did they w8 after the release of Emerald to announce the 4th Gen? (Since Platinum just came out in the US)

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Yeeeeah remakes would be a nice thing, but can't you already get everything they'd have to offer in the 3rd and 4th gen games that are out right now?
But with DSi, you can't play the Gen 3 games, so you'd have to rely on trading with people to get certain Pokémon. However, all the Pokémon that are not available by only using Gen 4 games are starters, legendaries, or from Gen 2. In addition, the Legendary Ambiguous-Species Mammals are the only legendary trio not available in Platinum. From a Pokémon acquisition standpoint, the evidence points toward GSDS, considering how much Nintendo is pimping the DSi.

There's lots of other evidence that doesn't really need to be rehashed (all the major anime characters having at least one Gen 2 Pokémon, all the Pokémon that don't have official artwork in the new style are Gen 2, etc.) but in general it seems pretty likelt that it's going to be GSDS. Though I'll admit it's partially wishful thinking on my part since it's the only generation I haven't played before and most people seem to think it's the best one.

Ooo this is sweet. Even though Platinum was just recent, a few months after its release isnt enough time for a 5th Gen game, so I guess that only increases the chances of it being a G/S remake. So I cant wait for this.

It isn't likely that in the GS remake, you'll be able to go to Kanto like you could in GSC. In that case, what would be the new region or area? There are plenty of parts of Japan not yet used...

I would love this. GSC is by far my favorite group of Pokemon games. How can you argue with loads of features (over the original RBY, of course), two areas to explore, and 100 new Pokemon? It was great. It also the last series that really "felt" like Pokemon in the fact that I actually enjoyed 1P mode and 1P mode didn't feel to be some recycled piece of crap that I hate to play through.

I really hope it is a remake because a new Pokemon game would probably suck like 1P did in RSE and DPP. Although I'm not getting my hopes up, those gold and silver balls could just be random decoration.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really hope this is true, simply because I really want a Curse Move Tutor!

Man, I will be cursing for weeks if this isn't a GSC remake.

...and hopefully I'll be doing the same if it is!

For the record though, I think that the announcement of a new gen isn't too far off. Munchlax was revealed in 2004 and Diamond and Pearl were directly stated to be in development. It's been 2 and a half years since DP came out in japan, and nintendo has just launched the DSi. It could very well be the next genration

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
If they made a remake of G/S imagine the new move tutors (if they add them, which is very probable), all the metagame will have to shift again ;-;

But yeah, i wish this is the remake we have been waiting for

Agreed, GSC was by far the best.

How long did they w8 after the release of Emerald to announce the 4th Gen? (Since Platinum just came out in the US)
About 15 months(1 year, 3 months) after emeralds US release to release the 4th gen, im not sure about announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)