HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be hoping for a GSC remake. My Gold ran out of internal clock a long time ago (I must have been around 8 years old), so I never even got to beat the Elite Four... :( It would also be some kick-ass nostalgia.

But with DSi, you can't play the Gen 3 games, so you'd have to rely on trading with people to get certain Pokémon. However, all the Pokémon that are not available by only using Gen 4 games are starters, legendaries, or from Gen 2. In addition, the Legendary Ambiguous-Species Mammals are the only legendary trio not available in Platinum. From a Pokémon acquisition standpoint, the evidence points toward GSDS, considering how much Nintendo is pimping the DSi.

There's lots of other evidence that doesn't really need to be rehashed (all the major anime characters having at least one Gen 2 Pokémon, all the Pokémon that don't have official artwork in the new style are Gen 2, etc.) but in general it seems pretty likelt that it's going to be GSDS. Though I'll admit it's partially wishful thinking on my part since it's the only generation I haven't played before and most people seem to think it's the best one.
Well, considering you get access to the Johto dex and the Kanto dex, the only generation left out is Hoenn (Can be fixed with post-game content). This, for the most part, rules out the need for GBA conectivity. Coupled with the fact that the DSi can't communicate with GBAs anymore...

Just some food for thought. :nerd:

If they really do announce the remakes, I'd be in awe. 16 badges, battling RED at Mt. Silver and naming Silver, ??? all give me nostalgia.

if we do get the gold/silver remakes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease make larvitar easier to get. you have to have beaten the whole fricking gmae just to get larvitar. make it easier like being able to buy it in goldenrod. or an ingame trade.

I'm really hoping that the announcement will in fact be Gold/Silver remakes. Unforunately, I lost my Pokemon Crystal cartridge when I was younger, and I really want to play through the Johto region again.

This would be a good opportunity, for them to release a remake, in my opinion...We get a remake, that most people have wanted, and new content in the remake...Meanwhile they wouldn't have to make a new generation, so if they are running out of ideas now, they can hold us off with a new game, to give them longer thinking time(aka stalling) for the "5th generation" if they are going to make one...Andddd they get more money, which we all know they need.

I also hope it will be remakes of Gold/Silver. That was by far my favorite generation. Those games would be pretty sweet with alot of the DPPt features.

Frankly I wouldn't even be that mad if it wasn't a GS remake.

A serious Pokemon Stadium-Wii would completely justify my wii purchase last year. Either one would be great, though.

It will not be a DSiWare game. DSiWare is not for large-scale games like a mainline Pokemon remake. It won't be DSi exclusive either as the userbase just isn't there yet. It will most likely be just like Gold and Silver: DSi Enhanced. You'll probably get some extra features if you play on the DSi, maybe something with the camera, but it should be perfectly playable on a DS or DS Lite. If you remember Gold/Silver, it was in colour if you played on the Game Boy Color, but was perfectly playable on the Game Boy and Game Boy Pocket.
do remember that crystal was color only, and since this is just the announcement of the game and not the final release it is 'possible' that the game could be DSi exclusive.

this would assume that it is infact G/S and would still be very unlikely, not to mention that the DSi does not have anywhere near enough changes to merit a game ever being DSi only(barring some crazy camera internet uploading game nonsense).

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I friggin called this after dp came out, im like "they are going to do gold and silver next!". I really hope they do though as those were my favorite games. what would they call it though? sparkling gold? shining silver?

Only a matter of time till we got an ou dragon eeveelution pwning everyone with 130 attk and 110 speed, take that platinum metagame!
Also may be just pal park for platinum owners with a dsi or new pokemon stadium with rotom forums, Nintendo: "now give us $50"

I friggin called this after dp came out, im like "they are going to do gold and silver next!". I really hope they do though as those were my favorite games. what would they call it though? sparkling gold? shining silver?
Since Fire red and Leaf green both added a type to the previous game names, maybe it will be "Electric Gold" and "Water Silver" lol

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Firestorm, if this really is a GSC remake I will love you forever. With all the previous "clues" this really gives me hope of a remake, but when I think about it it'll be a looonnnggg wait for a USA release(if it really is a remake).

Since Fire red and Leaf green both added a type to the previous game names, maybe it will be "Electric Gold" and "Water Silver" lol
Yes, Leaf is not a type. Besides, wouldn't Fire Gold and Psychic Silver make more sense, since those are the types of the exclusive Pokemon?

do remember that crystal was color only, and since this is just the announcement of the game and not the final release it is 'possible' that the game could be DSi exclusive.

this would assume that it is infact G/S and would still be very unlikely, not to mention that the DSi does not have anywhere near enough changes to merit a game ever being DSi only(barring some crazy camera internet uploading game nonsense).
If that is the case, I'm going to be extremely pissed off.

DuskGold and DawnSilver seem to be among the most common speculated names.

As long as it doesn't wind up being something along the lines of a Pokemon Pikachu virtual pet or something equally anticlimatic, I'm gonna be thrilled.

Much as I'd love this to be a GS remake, it probably won't be. Key to Pokemon is trading between generations, in DP the use of Pal Park required a GBA slot. if GSDS decides to do this, the recently released DSi cannot play it to its full extent.

^ Agreeing with Clocks

Gold and Silver remake would make me love Nintendo TO DEATH. I've been waiting so long for them...this year is the 10th Anniversary :) But I didn't get the game when it first came out...later than that. Back then I was more of an anime person.

*excited*

DuskGold and DawnSilver seem to be among the most common speculated names.
Wouldn't it be the other way around (Dusk Silver and Dawn Gold), considering the respective games' title screens?

Though Sun Gold/Moon Silver (or something along those lines) seems more reasonable, anyways.

To be honest, I'd be willing to bet my life that its coming out soon. It'd be great to have tm's for fire punch, ice punch and thunder punch... Just a thought...

I friggin called this after dp came out, im like "they are going to do gold and silver next!".
You know, it really isn't that hard to "call" after seeing they remade Kanto.

I think people are going overboard a hair. New Pokemon, new TMs? If this is going to be compatible across DPP, those things aren't going to happen.

You know, it really isn't that hard to "call" after seeing they remade Kanto.

I think people are going overboard a hair. New Pokemon, new TMs? If this is going to be compatible across DPP, those things aren't going to happen.
While new TMs aren't likely (Move Tutors FTW) Platinum did almost introduce new Pokémon (Rotom Formes, Skymin, Origin Giratina), so it's not necessarily unreasonable to expect the same from GSDS. Personally, they could just re-release GS as they were, but on DS carts, and I'd be over the moon about it. Either way, this will be the best thing Nintendo's done in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)