HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I'd be willing to bet my life that its coming out soon. It'd be great to have tm's for fire punch, ice punch and thunder punch... Just a thought...
Yet it hasn't been announced yet :O

And the TMs will probably be DPP's, Fr/Lg's were RSE's TMs.

There should so be a Splash Move Tutor.

sweet deal. g/s were my favorite games 'cause you could go back and fight all the original gym leaders, as well as travel between both lands. remember jasmine's cameo in d/p? she's the steel gym leader that's standing on the shore in...uh sunyshore city. of course just because she appeared in d/p doesn't mean they're getting ready for a g/s remake, but it does mean that the makers haven't forgotten about it.

i for one am stoked. remember the epic battle with red (ash) at the end? it could be the first in-game level 100 battle for the series. :)

Frankly I wouldn't even be that mad if it wasn't a GS remake.

A serious Pokemon Stadium-Wii would completely justify my wii purchase last year. Either one would be great, though.
Hell yes. I'd love to see a Pokemon Stadium on Wii. Battle Revolution completely sucked in my opinion. The only good thing about it was having fancy 3D WiFi battles.

Anyway, it sounds like it will be a G/S remake although it could be a spinoff like Mystery Dungeon or something. But it would be smart move for Nintendo to make a G/S remake as it's clearly a popular idea and they'd make a ton of money. Not to mention they don't have to think up any new storylines or design new Pokemon. People have been wanting a G/S remake since... Well probably since FR/LG came out. Certainly since I started browsing Pokemon forums which was around the beginning of the 4th gen.

This had better be the GSC remake we've all been waiting for. That series was, by far, the best series. Then again, this could just be a new spinoff game series, or, possibly, the announcment of the fifth generation in development.

But in the end, I still want a GSC remake.
A new generation of Pokemon comes out on a new generation of consoles. RBY - Game Boy, GSC - Game Boy Color, RSE - Game Boy Advance, DPPt - DS. The DSi doesn't count as a new generation, it has what, a camera? So we can almost definitely rule out the possibility of a 5th generation at this stage.

And I really hope it isn't a spin-off. Unless that spin off is Pokemon Stadium 3.

Imagine there is a new form for Celebi in these games, but the Rotom and Shaymin alternative forms are not usable. What would Shoddy emulate?

Edit: Well, they probably will be usable in wireless play, just not obtainable.

A new generation of Pokemon comes out on a new generation of consoles. RBY - Game Boy, GSC - Game Boy Color, RSE - Game Boy Advance, DPPt - DS. The DSi doesn't count as a new generation, it has what, a camera? So we can almost definitely rule out the possibility of a 5th generation at this stage.
It also has more RAM, better online capabilities, and a faster processor. Its as much a new generation of handhelds as the gameboy color was, and keep in mind Gold and Silver were actually compatible with the old gameboys. Crystal was the only GBC-exclusive game in that generation, and personally I didn't get a GBC until Crystal came around. Also keep in mind, Nintendo has already stated their intention to have both DS games with DSi-exclusive features in addition to DSi-exclusive games down the road. For what its worth, there's already at least one game coming out with DSi-exclusive content, My Healthy Cooking Coach. Don't know what that exclusive content is off the top of my head, just know its going to be there. DSi also opens the possibility of downloadable missions through DSiWare and what not, if Nintendo uses the SD card compatibility for DLC.

The 5th generation games will either be DSi-exclusive, or have bonus features on the DSi and have the third game in the 5th gen be DSi-exclusive. Feel free to write this down somewhere as I stand by that prediction.

On a side note, I half expect 1st and 3rd gen legendaries to be showing up in these remakes, given the surprise appearance of the Regis and birds in Platinum. With those additions, its almost like they're trying to remove the need to have the GBA games. Not that the GTS doesn't handle that pretty well as it is. Including event pokemon, Platinum had 19 legendary pokemon to catch. 20 if you count Phione. To make the rest of the legendary pokemon available 4th gen, GS remakes would need to add 10 more legendary pokemon for a total of 16. Doesn't seem like it'd be too far out there for there to be another "Sevii Islands"-type area where a bunch of Hoenn pokemon are made available, alongside Mew's island and having Mewtwo appearing in Kanto somewhere. Though that would raise the question of why they had the birds in Platinum instead of maybe the Lati's...

...I wonder if the G/S remakes would have DSi-exclusive content? Surely they wouldn't be DSi-only though.

If this does turn out to be a GS remake, I wonder how they'll do Kanto. The limited space on a Game Boy game is probably what caused the changes (destroyed Cinnabar, Viridian Forest being cut down, most of the caves disappearing, Lavender Tower being converted into a radio station). Do you think Kanto will still have the changes from the original GS, or will the 3rd + 4rth gen Pokemon world be an "alternate timeline" from the 1st + 2nd gen since the DS cards have more memory?

Remember that it's all about the money for them. Most of the Pokemon community are non-competitive, they are little kids that know nothing about IV's and EV's. So saying that they're making GS remakes so that we have a reliable way to get Lugia, Ho-oh and the others is invalid in my opinion.

Sure it'd be nice for a remake and I am definitely hoping for one, since GS was my favourite generation. I just think the chances of that happening are still below 50%.

What would be cool though, is if they incorporate Gen 5 with Gen 2, where you start off at Gen 5 and can go back to Gen 2, or any of the others. Much like how GS you can go back to Gen 1.

All we can do is hope, pray and wait.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think it'll have Kanto at all, personally. And if a micro SD card can hold 4 gb+, I don't think space on the cartridge will be a limit. They can probably use as big of an amount of memory as they require.

All this being said, my pipe dream was always a multi-region Wii game (all 4 would be nice) designed in the same vein of Grand Theft Auto and the like, in which the player can literally do whatever they want at any time.

Remember that it's all about the money for them. Most of the Pokemon community are non-competitive, they are little kids that know nothing about IV's and EV's. So saying that they're making GS remakes so that we have a reliable way to get Lugia, Ho-oh and the others is invalid in my opinion.
I disagree, I think having a reliable way to get Ho-oh and Lugia is enough incentive for little kids. They care enough about filling up their pokedex as everyone else.

I'm really excited just because I loved being able to travel between worlds. They could do some REALLY cool things with a G/S remake...

I don't think it'll have Kanto at all, personally. And if a micro SD card can hold 4 gb+, I don't think space on the cartridge will be a limit. They can probably use as big of an amount of memory as they require.
I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't have Kanto... it wouldn't be a true remake if they didn't and I'd imagine it would just bother a bunch of people who are angry that they can no longer use the GBA slot to grab pokemon from Firered/Leafgreen.

What would be cool though, is if they incorporate Gen 5 with Gen 2, where you start off at Gen 5 and can go back to Gen 2, or any of the others. Much like how GS you can go back to Gen 1.

All we can do is hope, pray and wait.
I was thinking something along the same lines here. But I don't think Gen 5 would connect to Johto. I was thinking that in a G/S remake they would include Johto and Kanto like in the original and include an extra area like they did with Sevii islands in FR/LG. That extra area could possibily be a town in the Sinnoh region. Most likely Sunnyshore to explain how Jasmine got there.

It could be an experiment also. Although I see a release kind of inevitable considering the FR/LG remakes, they might be using the G/S remakes as an experimentation process for what to include in Gen 5. With G/S being the only games where you travel through two regions and get 16 badges instead of 8, Nintendo might want to try this concept in Gen 5. Gen 5 could start out in a whole new region and then you'd travel to a previous region like Sinnoh. I don't think it would be Johto because then they'd be overusing Johto. Two games with Johto along with another region? But you bring up a good point.

I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't have Kanto... it wouldn't be a true remake if they didn't and I'd imagine it would just bother a bunch of people who are angry that they can no longer use the GBA slot to grab pokemon from Firered/Leafgreen.
All pokemon that can be gotten from FR/LG can be gotten via Pokeradar anyways. Everything that can't isn't available in G/S/C Kanto either. I never did see the appeal of "omg 16 badges!" either. Nobody gives a damn about them anyways, why does having 8 more suddenly make them special? =| I also believe it will lack Kanto; maybe having some other extra area (like the Islands), but Kanto seems like a no go honestly.

If it's a remake then it will have Kanto. It only makes sense really. I'm not expecting G/S remakes though cause it could literally be anything.

I really hope you're right. Just yesterday I was on Youtube looking up GSC music tracks and wondering if and when they would be remade.

Seriously though, you can't even play GSC anymore. I found my GBC over winter break and tried to play Gold, but every time I turned the game back on the save file was erased.

I miss Ecruteak City and the Dragon's Den :(

Definitely fake. It doesn't say Nintendo or The Pokemon Company. People should probably avoid posting false leads like that in this thread. Speculation is one thing but bringing up everything you find as potential evidence and/or leaked info will turn this thread to shit.

Those fake covers are pretty old.

Not saying they aren't cool and pretty well made- because that they are.

Question is if the announcement is a G/S/C remake, what was the coding in D/P/Plat for palpark? Did they do it so that if they had made a remake earlier, they would be covered? Or is it still future planning which the announcement will uncover?

Just something else that cropped up in my mind.

There's no doubt that they've always known that the GSC remakes would be made this gen, just like they already know there will be RSE remakes next gen. Pokemon is a massive cash cow, so why would they just throw money away?

It's way too close to platinum to announce the next DS games, though. My money is on the platinum update for Stadium. Hopefully it won't be anything like PBR, and we'll get an RPG mode, a decent friend-codeless online setup, storage like they had on the n64 games and updated 3D models. And by updated, i mean different, not just graphical touch-ups. Why do I have to deal with the same retarded gengar tongue thing after 2 generations of consoles?

I guess you can never be too sure - especially with those gold and silver orbs hanging above the soundstage - but Japanese companies are infamous for trolling the hell out of the populace.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
If it is a GS remake (very likely), it will have Kanto, since it is not a Johto remake
I hope it is GS remake

There's no doubt that they've always known that the GSC remakes would be made this gen, just like they already know there will be RSE remakes next gen. Pokemon is a massive cash cow, so why would they just throw money away?

It's way too close to platinum to announce the next DS games, though. My money is on the platinum update for Stadium. Hopefully it won't be anything like PBR, and we'll get an RPG mode, a decent friend-codeless online setup, storage like they had on the n64 games and updated 3D models. And by updated, i mean different, not just graphical touch-ups. Why do I have to deal with the same retarded gengar tongue thing after 2 generations of consoles?

I guess you can never be too sure - especially with those gold and silver orbs hanging above the soundstage - but Japanese companies are infamous for trolling the hell out of the populace.
No, they're going to be revealing a pair of games, so it's not Stadium:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1906672&postcount=47

Also, it's definitely not too early. After all, in Japan, Fire Red/Leaf Green were released in January 2004, whereas Emerald was released in September of that very same year:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/data/918916.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/data/921905.html

Edit: @Franklin: Those covers that Andeby posted are fake, yeah (no CERO (the Japanese equivalent of the ESRB) rating, Nintendo or Pokemon Company logo, etc.); the announcement of Pokemon games being announced next week on Pokemon Sunday is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)