HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fuck, I hope there's a Curse move tutor.

also...

Emerald and FR/LG were released same year.

Platinum and G/S DS are being released the same year.

See a pattern?
Platinum was released last year in Japan. I don't think we'd get the remakes until next year. So it'd be 1 year after.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hot damn XSpeed Dragonite would be very nice, was that only in Crystal though :X?

Heh, in the vein of move tutors, I wonder if they'd put a Heal Bell tutor near one of the towers in Ecruteak. After all, the silver bell is there~

Anyway, nice quote Firestorm, I'm pumped.
But fuck if it's Trozei or Puzzle League in Johto I'm going to choke a bitch.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, why will it take them to release the new game(s) in November? Platinum was announced around the same date last year, yet it was released in September.

Gah, I want November to come already :/

Further Confirmation from the blog of Alex Lucard who works for Pokemon Beckett Collector in the US and The Pokemon Company in Japan.

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/05/04/pokemon-a-return-to-johto/
May 4th, 2009
- will not be called DuskGold/DawnSilver, nor WhiteGold / MoonSilver
- chances are it'll hit Japan this November
- not a spinoff
- two games
- remakes

http://diehardgamefan.com/2009/03/27/pokemon-week-best-pokemon-game-ever/
March 27th, 2009
"Years ago when I did my “Top 30 RPG Countdown” The second generation of Pokemon games made it all the way up into the top five. Perhaps, PERHAPS sometime in 2009 (Say, May 10th, 2009), we’ll get to return to Johto in one form or another."

HEY GUYS I WONDER WHAT THAT COULD MEAN? BECAUSE I REALLY CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING AT ALL.
Allow me to bring this to your attention;

Korobooshi Kojiro said:
With the power of Google Cache, my pal nYoo from Filb.de discovered something interesting on Mr. Lucard's site...

The top is what the page says now, but using google cache...seems something was edited...

http://209.85.129.132/search?hl=en&q=cache%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fdiehardgamefan.com%2F2009%2F03%2F27%2Fpokemon-week-best-pokemon-game-ever%2F&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=
May 2nd Google Cache
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=9688971&postcount=116

He's lying, or at the very least, manipulating things to make him seem big

Sorry, but you all know how I hate the spread of misinformation.

However, that said, in September there are going to be re-releases of figures for the Johto Starters in Japan. Last time this happened was January 04 with the Kanto starters. We all know what came out then ;)

Wait, lemme guess...

Thunder Wave Tutor?

Nevertheless, I'm still in the tiny bin who prays for an XD/Colo game.
Thunder Wave is a TM. The list of GSC TMs that aren't available now are:

• Dynamicpunch
  • Headbutt
  • Curse
  • Zap Cannon
  • Sweet Scent
  • Dragonbreath
  • Nightmare

Bah. I guess I was right to not fully trust some guy called A. Lucard...
He's also not the most generally intelligent chap. He wrote this in his Best. Pokémon. Game. Ever. thing for GSC:

Ah, Steel. Steel became the big unbalancer, didn’t it. Weak only to Fire, Ground, and Fighting, and strong against everything else, Every team ended up with a Steel Pokemon of some sort. My personal favourite was Skarmony, but that was probably just me.
Weak to only the most common move in the metagame? I mean, come on...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Elemental punches were bloody annoying to get, since you had to buy them with bloody game corner coins. Still nice to have, though.
Elemental punches were like 5500P from the Goldenrod Dept. Store. It's the Crystal tutor moves you're thinking of.

• Dynamicpunch
  • Headbutt
  • Curse
  • Zap Cannon
  • Sweet Scent
  • Dragonbreath
  • Nightmare
Nightmare is an XD tutor, otherwise you're correct.

There better be a way for Dunsparce to learn Headbutt in these possible (probable) remakes other than via an egg move. I plan on using one in my ingame team. In fact, I've already come up with my team for it if the remakes do happen: Typhlosion, Victreebel, Qwilfish, Dunsparce, Weezing, Togetic/Togekiss (depends on what they do with the Pokedex; Togetic if they do it exactly like GSC, Togekiss if the Johto Dex includes everything).

ExtremeSpeed Dratini would be cool (obtainable in Crystal). But you'd have to SR for it because you get it from an egg from that dude in the cave with the dragons. ~_~

More tutors would be lovely, the Platinum metagame is fun but a jolt of new energy would be enjoyable, too.

The pokeball guy! It'd be really awesome to get a whole bunch of cool looking pokeballs.

I hope there is some good postgame content though...

Yeah, Apricorns were pretty cool. I liked the National Park and the Ruins of Alph as well.

So I just found out that my brothers copy of Silver STILL WORKS (unlike my Gold and Crystal versions), so you can guess what I'll be doing for the next couple days.

• Dynamicpunch
  • Headbutt
  • Curse
  • Zap Cannon
  • Sweet Scent
  • Dragonbreath
  • Nightmare
Actually, DynamicPunch was in Emerald as well (right outside Mossdeep).

I saw a post by a guy on Serebii that had good ideas for the Apricorns - just use Gen. IV Balls instead. He had a whole list as well. If I find it, I'll post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)