HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I forgot about that, havent played the game for years, i still would get soul silver as well i got silver before so i feel like getting it again but not mucking up my game by using cheats like i did before since all my key items disappeared. I'm definately having Espeon on my team, its my favourite pokemon and has been for a while.

What about the Berserk Gene, does that mean the item will be brought back?

OH MY GOD, RED GYARADOS! That means everyone can reset for the Max IVed Adamant Shiny Gyarados that they always wanted!
@ Beserk Gene

God I hope they do add it. Purugly FTW.

Isn't there already a perfect Shiny Gyarados?

Yeah, this was bugging me when people were all 'wow, i love Ho-oh so I'm getting Gold.'

The only difference is that on Gold Ho-oh was at level 40 and on Silver he was level 70 and vice-versa.

Not sure if it will still be the case though since RS and DP have gone down the version exclusive route.

I'm hoping they don't change too much like in FireRed and LeafGreen, where the story lines were left virtually unscathed, besides a few changes like Tea, and the whole Sevii Island Trek and Moltres's location change which was for the better.

I'm wondering what special thing are they going to add to G/S to set it apart from the originals, FRLG got the Dogs/Sevii Islands, Deoxys, and the Battle Tower.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm hoping they don't change too much like in FireRed and LeafGreen, where the story lines were left virtually unscathed, besides a few changes like Tea, and the whole Sevii Island Trek and Moltres's location change which was for the better.

I'm wondering what special thing are they going to add to G/S to set it apart from the originals, FRLG got the Dogs/Sevii Islands, Deoxys, and the Battle Tower.
Maybe a new region like the Sevii for the 3th/4th Gen pokémon.

But what I really want is Faraway Island and an island for Jirachi.

Maybe a new region like the Sevii for the 3th/4th Gen pokémon.

But what I really want is Faraway Island and an island for Jirachi.
My thoughts exactly a reasonable way to get Mew and Jirachi would be nice, hmm we need leaks noa.

Mario With Lasers

more like a reasonable way to get celebi
That's pratically guaranteed considering the shrine won't be taken from Ilex Forest and that they can use Wi-Fi to give us the GS Ball. And, even if they decide not to do that, we'll have at least offline events distributing Celebi.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
On second thought, I'm probably going to get both. That's because I have a younger sister and she's going to need one. But then she's not going to play it, so I'll be hogging it as usual. It's all the same. \o/ LOL.

Yeah. I hope the birds aren't exclusive. The more chances to catch them, the better~! I hope they release the GS Ball event. It's so hard to find a legit Celebi.

In the Japanese version of Crystal they actually had a version of the GTS~! So it makes sense that they'll implement the GTS too.

I want bug catching back. I'm gonna catch myself some gigantic Caterpie.

omgomgomgadrenalineadrenalineadrenaline

Yeah, there's at least one (Bozo's). I doubt he'd trade it, though, and now with the RNG being cracked, it's not too difficult to breed your own...

Anyway, I sprited the little icon things. Feel free to use them :P
Amg, so cute :'D Thanks!

I'll be getting both, but Gold Version was my first GSC game, so I'll be maining that one, and I really like Ho-Oh. I don't know why people don't like the name Heart Gold, I think it's awesome. The Heart and Soul of Pokémon... :)

Plus, Heart Gold falls more in line with my favorite Pokémon, Espeon. It was love at first sight. I'm going to be resetting until I get the perfect Eevee. The reason I wouldn't breed for one is because that was the Eevee I worked so hard to make evolve...I want it to be special.

I'm sounding all mushy... But I LOVED GSC!!!

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, I'm getting SoulSilver as well.

I actually decided it when I told all my friends and they liked HeartGold better, I'm glad Smogon seems to agree with me.

I still play GSC now and other than the watered-down Kanto I really love it, more than nostalgia there to work off. Not that I mind that they're using the new DPP battling in it, I like that way of doing things too.

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice to see another Espeon lover, it is the coolest pokemon, i just wonder how they will adapt it for the DS. I really hope the rivals stronger than he was in the original as he was rather pathetic as were the elite four: only level 50 highest-what were they thinking of?

Can't wait for the remakes. I never played the GSC games, so it's a chance for me to play a (hopefully) better version of them :P. I'm hopefully getting Soul Silver, because I like Lugia>Ho-oh and silver>gold (the colors).

Its such a shame that we now know everything about the pokemon there is to know way beforehand. I recall going to the dragon gym for the first time, I was 13 at the time.
"Dragon gym? With only Dragonite? This should be interesting..."
"Huh, Horsea? Well that makes sense given SeaDRA, I suppose..."
Then Clair sends out that Kingdra.
"OMGWTFHAXTHATTHINGISAWESOMEANDNOTWEAKTOTHUNDERBOLTOMGWTFHAX"

That Kingdra made me fall in love with the species. Just as how Whitney's Miltank did the same.

these new games will be able to trade with DPPt right? if so then I'm all for silver. My friend traded me a hacked lugia, and ever since I've wanted to get my own good legit one.

This is great news!

Getting one or the other for the logo bird isn't really a deal breaker, since I can't imagine how both wouldn't be in both games. If they removed one they would not only break the story, but also make either Whirl Islands or Burned Tower pointless in each game, since about the only point they serve is to house their bird (and a few items and random encounters).

Any Crystal features will probably not be present, considering this is a GS remake, not a Crystal remake. FR/LG didn't include Yellow updates for example, and they will most likely want to keep this a pure remake as well. If one thing from Crystal is remade I bet it's the Battle Tower. In that case, my bet is that the Trainer House in Viridian will be beefed up to something bigger. And Kanto will be present, I really dn't see how they could skip it, seeing as they would have to remove the train in Goldenrod, and a all in all a highly appreciated feature of the originals. About the only real news will probably be new move tutors, and a possible new post game area, like a new island, a beefed up Mt Silver area, or a Battle Frontier.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Headbutting Trees. A Move Tutor (possibly an infinite one) or more likely just replacing it with Honey Trees are the most probable scenarios.

Whirlpool is another interesting point, considering the whirlpools named the the area Whirl Islands. They can't really add whirlpool as a move tutor move either, since it would be deletable at any time, unlike a HM, which could potentially screw you up, and any new TMs or HMs are highly unlikely. They will most likely just create some other feature keeping you from entering it early, and add whirlpools as a mere graphical effect.

Gym leaders and Elite Four are also likely to be kept just the same as before,with new movesets of course, in order to maintain the closeness to the original. GS did have a bit shorter between gyms and the E4 than the other games, making their lower levels rather balanced, at least in my experience.

Mario With Lasers

Its such a shame that we now know everything about the pokemon there is to know way beforehand. I recall going to the dragon gym for the first time, I was 13 at the time.
"Dragon gym? With only Dragonite? This should be interesting..."
"Huh, Horsea? Well that makes sense given SeaDRA, I suppose..."
Then Clair sends out that Kingdra.
"OMGWTFHAXTHATTHINGISAWESOMEANDNOTWEAKTOTHUNDERBOLTOMGWTFHAX"

That Kingdra made me fall in love with the species. Just as how Whitney's Miltank did the same.
I remember I had the same thing with Kingdra too. "WHAT IS HE WEAK TO, DAMNIT?"

This is great news!

Getting one or the other for the logo bird isn't really a deal breaker, since I can't imagine how both wouldn't be in both games. If they removed one they would not only break the story, but also make either Whirl Islands or Burned Tower pointless in each game, since about the only point they serve is to house their bird (and a few items and random encounters).

Any Crystal features will probably not be present, considering this is a GS remake, not a Crystal remake. FR/LG didn't include Yellow updates for example, and they will most likely want to keep this a pure remake as well. If one thing from Crystal is remade I bet it's the Battle Tower. In that case, my bet is that the Trainer House in Viridian will be beefed up to something bigger. And Kanto will be present, I really dn't see how they could skip it, seeing as they would have to remove the train in Goldenrod, and a all in all a highly appreciated feature of the originals. About the only real news will probably be new move tutors, and a possible new post game area, like a new island, a beefed up Mt Silver area, or a Battle Frontier.

It will be interesting to see how they handle Headbutting Trees. A Move Tutor (possibly an infinite one) or more likely just replacing it with Honey Trees are the most probable scenarios.

Whirlpool is another interesting point, considering the whirlpools named the the area Whirl Islands. They can't really add whirlpool as a move tutor move either, since it would be deletable at any time, unlike a HM, which could potentially screw you up, and any new TMs or HMs are highly unlikely. They will most likely just create some other feature keeping you from entering it early, and add whirlpools as a mere graphical effect.

Gym leaders and Elite Four are also likely to be kept just the same as before,with new movesets of course, in order to maintain the closeness to the original. GS did have a bit shorter between gyms and the E4 than the other games, making their lower levels rather balanced, at least in my experience.
Tin Tower, not Burnt Tower. However, they can't remove the Tin Tower due to it being a huge part of Ecruteak's history, and the underlying legends in general.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I remember I had the same thing with Kingdra too. "WHAT IS HE WEAK TO, DAMNIT?"
What little kid didn't have issues there? Try Electric, nothing. Grass, nothing. When I finally found out it was weak to dragon I tried a Dragonair, only to be hit with a Dragonbreath. Yeah, I hated that gym...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)