HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Aerodactyl was in the dragon egg group, right? I think Lance deemed it counts if its in the Dragon egg group.

On this bases, Dragonite/Kingdra/Aerodactyl/Charizard/Gyara and Dragonair? Seemes a much better team for the elite 4

On this bases, Dragonite/Kingdra/Aerodactyl/Charizard/Gyara and Dragonair? Seemes a much better team for the elite 4
Hope so. If he even gives Aerodactyl Hyper Beam... I can live with Giga Impact, since it is physical, but Hyper Beam sucks.

I think Lance may wander off somewhere and Claire can become champion! That would be cool, she is his apprentice after all.

My way of beating Whitney is to get a female abra and trade it for the machop. You can then spam fighting moves to kick the shit out of Whitney.
On a side note, I am psyched to get the shiny gyarados!

My way of beating Whitney is to get a female abra and trade it for the machop. You can then spam fighting moves to kick the shit out of Whitney.
On a side note, I am psyched to get the shiny gyarados!

Ohhh...my...god did I read your post wrong. But yes I'm excited for shiny Gyarados too. At least they better put it in there.

Whoever said that GSDS won't be a remake like FRLG is making stuff up because, when it was first released in the Official japanese sight it said clearly

"Heart Gold and Soul Silver will be remakes of G/S as FireRed LeafGreen were remakes of Red/Blue."

This means that pre-national dex will be nearly exactly the same with a possibility of a minor plot change. (Entering 1-3 of the sevii isles in FRLG was a minor plot change), and then post-national dex will be as 4th gen as GF wants.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Gold and silver are un-missable. I mean that literally now.
^Speaks the truth

Gold and silver left me nostalgic to the extreme.

I'm just so excited at the prospect of being able to catch a Celebi with my own OT now. GSBall WiFi WonderCard event, please. *_*
Slowpoketails and answering questions after listening to the radio for points...D:< I'm feeling impatient~

EspyJoel

Espy <3
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its too long though till it comes out in England, although Platinum hasnt come out yet so I can play that until then.

^Speaks the truth

Gold and silver left me nostalgic to the extreme.

I'm just so excited at the prospect of being able to catch a Celebi with my own OT now. GSBall WiFi WonderCard event, please. *_*
Slowpoketails and answering questions after listening to the radio for points...D:< I'm feeling impatient~
true
I've to admit that the more I think about it, more I have good memories of that game...
Impressive still how it was longer and complex than Red/Blue, but also how I love the first two more...
Mmmm I hope they will keep the plot "almost" the same...

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thankfully the Johto dex will probably remain as the Kanto dex remained in FRLG. One of the main reasons Johto was the shit was because you could use a Corsola as your main Pokemon and do fine.
Is that really a bad thing, my favorite part of in game is being to use random pokes that are fun (in fact i used corsola on my team i beat english plat with) competitive and such i understand being forced to use monotonous old ou's but in game really, is that what you want to be beating the game with sciczor and blissey and heracross

Is that really a bad thing, my favorite part of in game is being to use random pokes that are fun (in fact i used corsola on my team i beat english plat with) competitive and such i understand being forced to use monotonous old ou's but in game really, is that what you want to be beating the game with sciczor and blissey and heracross
No, just Feraligatr, Meganium, Typhlosion, Raikou, Pidgeot, and Donphan :)

I understand the feeling of using your favorite pokemon instead of the most competitively viable. I mean, a lot of us RBY vets used Sandslash/Pidgeot at the time because they were kinda cool pokemon that could be used early on (and partially because of Pokemon's limited species pool at the time). This, I think, is the appeal of Pokemon to the casual trainer. You take your favorites that reflect your style, get em up to level 100, and think you're the most badass trainer of all time.

Of course, ignorance is bliss(ey). It is kind of crushing when your team gets 6-0'd by a competitively made team. I do it all the time to the kids on my block.

I understand the feeling of using your favorite pokemon instead of the most competitively viable. I mean, a lot of us RBY vets used Sandslash/Pidgeot at the time because they were kinda cool pokemon that could be used early on (and partially because of Pokemon's limited species pool at the time). This, I think, is the appeal of Pokemon to the casual trainer. You take your favorites that reflect your style, get em up to level 100, and think you're the most badass trainer of all time.

Of course, ignorance is bliss(ey). It is kind of crushing when your team gets 6-0'd by a competitively made team. I do it all the time to the kids on my block.
Thing is, in game there isn't a single competitive team I have seen, ever, and a well trained team of unorthodox will always beat them. When it comes to Wifi, using Corsola or Pidgeot obviously isn't in their(pokemon) best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)