HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did Ampharos slip your mind? According to bulbapedia, Ampharos give off so much light that it can be seen even from space, and it's tail's tip shines the brightest. I think that is pretty worthy of Tail Glow.
If you pay attention, he mentioned Ampharos on the last page. He then went on to guess what else could get Tail Glow, suggesting Huntail, and I also suggested Lanturn.

Pay more attention next time.

Would it really be feasible for the programmers to force the game to only allow shiny PIDs to be selected for that particular trigger-battle Pokemon?
As a matter of fact the GBAhack Shinygold actually features Red Gyarados (courtesy of an ASMhack by MastermindX IIRC). So this should be no problem for the programmers ;]

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yes. An Action Replay code for D/P already forces the game to produce legal shinies so I don't think that will be a problem. Or at least I think they do, as it produces legal IVs and is is shiny, and the possible PID matches with my SID to produce a shiny...

(Not meaning to discuss AR codes though it is an attempt to answer the question)

But Lance with Red Gyarados would be an absolute terror to my gameplay. It's like he's laughing at me (and even more if he has a Lv. 47 Dragonite again...)
Not only that, but chaining also modifies the called RNG so the PID is always shiny.

Your definition of "legitimately" is really quite skewed and to be honest, stupid, but I totally agree that Cynthia poses a much larger threat than past Champions.

At least the Kanto Gym Leaders can abuse 4th generation Pokemon, since hopefully you'll get the National Dex before going to the East.
If I remember correctly, you get the National Dex really early on in the game. So to Johto Purists, I say, "What now?"

IIRC there wasn't a national dex in GSC, the closest thing I can think of is getting access to the time machine somewhere around the 4th gym.

There will be no Time Machine.
HGSS will be able to trade with D/P/Pt through:

A]Dsi App
B]DS to DS

They might add a Johto Park but since you can easily do FR/LG/R/S/E-->Pal Park-->HGSS, there'll be no need

DSi App.

They're obviously adding a DSi APP(Application) for HGSS to trade with D/P/Pt due to the DSi features available on the game.

which features would these be? That's not been confirmed, the only rumor about it I can think of has been disproven. You could trade between FRLG and RSE without special apps, why not HGSS and DPP?

Look,they are installing an App for the DSi to trade between one game and another through 1 DS(Small Pokemon Ranch) You can still trade between 2 DSes but I think I and many other people would prefer not having to have 2 DSes just to transfer from one game to another. This kinda ruins the traditional pokemon trading but =]

doesnt this mean that, in 5 years, we will be begging for R/S/E remake? I have always hated Hoenn, but it sounds logical
I don't believe so. The 1st and 2nd Generation games are no longer "playable" as the internal battery is dead in nearly all of the remaining copies. Keeping a save file is impossible. You would need to replace the battery in order to be able to keep a save file. The 3rd and 4th Generation games do not rely on such a crappy internal battery. You will be able to save your game for many more years. Remakes for those games would not be completely logical as they would still be playable. The only reason for a remake of the 3rd Generation would be if Nintendo wanted the DSi users to have access to the game.

The 1st and 2nd Generation games are no longer "playable" as the internal battery is dead in nearly all of the remaining copies. Keeping a save file is impossible.
All four of my 1st and 2nd gen games are still fine, so I'm not sure that what you've said is necessarily the case.

I don't believe so. The 1st and 2nd Generation games are no longer "playable" as the internal battery is dead in nearly all of the remaining copies. Keeping a save file is impossible. You would need to replace the battery in order to be able to keep a save file.
I actually did this (replaced the battery) on both my Gold and Silver as well as a friend's Silver. It isn't very complicated.

A better argument against a RS remake, though, would be that the first and second generations are incompatable with the 3rd and 4th gens. It's impossible to move your RBYGSC Pokemon into a Adv or DS cartridge.

If the 5th gen allows transfer of 4th gen Pokemon at all, it will effectively allow transfer of 3rd gen as well. There will be less a need for a RS remake, since those games would still be playable, and Pokemon from those games would still be "in circulation" in the current gen.

On the other hand, it's not unlikely that Nintendo will do a remake anyway. After all it's easier than creating an original game from scratch, and a whole new generation of young players will never have had played 3rd gen (by then 10 years old). A "fresh" game for the price of a stale one.

I loved the GSC generation but I don't really get the point of the remake. I guess I take for granted my access to the starters and legendary dogs because I have colliseum and xd but I don't think their inclusion deserves a brand new game. All this announcement means to me is that we'll have to wait even longer for a true sequel. Outside of move tutors (which is essentially why I bought platinum) I can't really see any features they could have that would make it worth my money.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I loved the GSC generation but I don't really get the point of the remake. I guess I take for granted my access to the starters and legendary dogs because I have colliseum and xd but I don't think their inclusion deserves a brand new game. All this announcement means to me is that we'll have to wait even longer for a true sequel. Outside of move tutors (which is essentially why I bought platinum) I can't really see any features they could have that would make it worth my money.
Maybe revisiting Johto? A lot of people don't have their original games anymore (damn you short-life batteries) and/or really want to get easier access to Johto legendaries (SPECIALLY Celebi (I mean, we never even had a chance to get a shiny/nicknameable one).

I think many of us are looking for resettable legendary dogs on a handheld. I had a Gamecube for a short while, but I never played it and most certainly never bought a game as lackluster as Colosseum and XD for it (it pretty much was a SSBB and Metroid Prime machine for me). With what we know about the RNG (assuming it doesn't change), we could get some kickass legendary dogs.

Also, GSC had the best ingame IMO, but the ingame hasn't been the main attraction of Pokemon for me since I was 12.

EDIT: Arael makes a good point. Perhaps an easier way to acquire a Celebi? The only one I have is a crappy Serious 10ANNIV one I got off Pokecommunity.

Well, actually, I think they planned to make HeartGold and SoulSilver or whatever the names are when they saw the success of the RBY remakes (FireRed, LeafGreen). I'm sure most people here bought one of the two remakes, so Nintendo is just playing off of the Pokemon fan's weaknesses. I think that the remakes will never out-do the originals just because they were so popular at the time that they came out.

However, these remakes aren't going to do terribly. I plan to buy one myself =D

As a matter of fact the GBAhack Shinygold actually features Red Gyarados (courtesy of an ASMhack by MastermindX IIRC). So this should be no problem for the programmers ;]
Not only that, but chaining also modifies the called RNG so the PID is always shiny.
I see, that's a relief then. They could just force the game to keep cycling through PIDs until a shiny one shows up. I can't wait to Synch me a nice Adamant red Gyarados.

I guess something I've now been wondering for a while is whether or not they will bring back items such as Rage Candybar or Slowpoketail which are not in DPPt's coding but can be held by a Pokemon...

RageCandybars & SlowpokeTails are story-related items, anyway. You don't have to have them in your bag for you to understand what they're about and why they exist. They don't do anything particularly useful, anyway.

Look,they are installing an App for the DSi to trade between one game and another through 1 DS(Small Pokemon Ranch) You can still trade between 2 DSes but I think I and many other people would prefer not having to have 2 DSes just to transfer from one game to another. This kinda ruins the traditional pokemon trading but =]
IIRC mini-ranch was a rumor, and nothing related to DSi apps has been confirmed yet.

I know a lot of people have been asking about having all 4 regions playable, and also a lot of people have pointed out that the levels would have to keep getting higher

Personally, I would like HGSS to be harder than the originals. Have more story (especially in Kanto) and it would be awesome if they added the Orange Islands properly this time. By this I meen adding the four gyms of the orange islands and then the OI championship - kinda like the Battle Towers in the newer games, but where gym leaders and past trainers are also present with massively improved teams.

Finally, I believe a game with all 4 current regions will come in the next gen. With the 5th gen adding a new 8 gyms but no pokemon league. Once these 4 gyms are done you have to go to the other regions and beat their gyms, with the gyms of the other regions being 40-75. Following this would be all 5 pokemon leagues, and then ongoing championships - with all 500pokemon available.

G_L_P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)