HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I wonder what happens when Wailord breeds with Skitty a kitten with whale tail?
It would probably result in a regular Skitty. If this rumor is true, it's still unlikely that all combinations of Pokemon will get specific sprites. That would be over 3000 sprites.

Oh, and if this rumor is true, coding would have to be added to the game for it to remember what the parents were. Either the game will internally see Pokemon as Pichu1 (regular), Pichu2 (notched ear), etc, or some secret thing like that of which determines if a Pokemon is shiny or not will be added.

It would probably result in a regular Skitty. If this rumor is true, it's still unlikely that all combinations of Pokemon will get specific sprites. That would be over 3000 sprites.

Oh, and if this rumor is true, coding would have to be added to the game for it to remember what the parents were. Either the game will internally see Pokemon as Pichu1 (regular), Pichu2 (notched ear), etc, or some secret thing like that of which determines if a Pokemon is shiny or not will be added.
Or it could have infinite, randomly generated combinations with dangerous hybridization! Snubbul+Whismur=Snubbul with funny ears+smeargle=Snubbul with funny ears and a paint brush+togekiss=Flying snubbul with funny ears and a paint brush...

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
When you start discussing ways to beat Red's Pikachu and what happens when you breed Wailord with Skitty then that's a pretty good sign that this thread has gone as far as it can go at this moment in time.

It'll be reopened when there's some more (concrete) news to discuss.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Reopened because there are new information

From the CoroCoro Scans in Serebii.net

- You can get Kyogre in HeartGold
- You can get Groudon in SoulSilver
- When you have both you can unlock Rayquaza

- There is a possible event regarding Arceus and Cynthia
- It is said that transferring movie Arceus to HGSS unlocks Lv. 1 Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina (WHAT?)

- Rival gets a new look
- A little shot of the battle scene.

Heh, just saw this on Serebii. I guess once the HGSS rng gets figured out we'll have flawless 4th gen weather trios.

I guess since practically every other legendary Pokemon is available in 4th gen now we can expect to see Mewtwo and maybe a Mew event.

Edit: Why the hell are there all these level 1 legendaries all of a sudden?
I guess since Arceus created the dragon trio he can just pop out a new one for you..

- It is said that transferring movie Arceus to HGSS unlocks Lv. 1 Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina (WHAT?)

- Rival gets a new look
Looks like I'm getting HeartGold for the potentially abusable Kyogre. Getting a possibly 4th gen RNG'd Rayquaza also is an interesting prospect. I'm also interested in seeing what the Cynthia-Arceus event is. If the level 1 DPPt trio thing is true, I'll be laughing. Enough with these level 1 legends.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be getting both games anyway, my girlfriend will play through Heart Gold up until around the Pokémon League area though (like she usually does when I get both versions) so a lot of the work will be done for me and I can just go about getting the Legendaries.

I'm glad to see Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza in there, which I somewhat expected since these games are seemingly a way to make Pal Park not a requirement to complete the Pokedex anymore. This will also mean that Mewtwo will most likely be in Kanto (possibly somewhere in the ruins of the Unknown Dungeon). Latios and Latias will probably be exclusives on HG / SS as well, probbly Latias on HG and Latios on SS.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are islands for events featuring Mew, Jirachi and Deoxys, as well as the Celebi shrine event. Lastly, we'll probably get access to a Kanto starter from Prof. Oak in Kanto, and possibly a Hoenn starter at a later date as well - just to make Pal Park not needed.

I'm really unsure about the Level 1 Palkia, Dialga and Giratina though...

The Arceus movie event hasn't occured in the US yet, has it? If that bit of information turns out to be true and the event hasn't occured yet, it seems like I'll be going to my first Pokemon movie since the first one...

I will probably be getting Heart Gold just because Kyogre is way cooler than Groudon, and you get both box art legends anyways. Adding Lati@s would be awesome, and if Latias is in HG, I will definitely be getting that.

Looks like I'm getting HeartGold for the potentially abusable Kyogre. Getting a possibly 4th gen RNG'd Rayquaza also is an interesting prospect. I'm also interested in seeing what the Cynthia-Arceus event is. If the level 1 DPPt trio thing is true, I'll be laughing. Enough with these level 1 legends.
Now that I think about it, that level 100 Regigigas induced a chain of events that lead to a lv 1 Regigigas, it wouldn't be that surprising if a level 100 Arceus gets you a level 1 dragon.

An additional plus to having a 4th gen weather trio is the ability to catch them in 4th gen Poke balls!

The Arceus movie event hasn't occured in the US yet, has it? If that bit of information turns out to be true and the event hasn't occured yet, it seems like I'll be going to my first Pokemon movie since the first one...
The Japanese movie events usually end up being TRU or Gamestop events in America, as the Pokemon movies don't show in theaters and rather go straight to DVD.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there

- Rival gets a new look
It is said that transferring movie Arceus to HGSS unlocks Lv. 1 Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina
...lul wut.
Great, so Nintendo's ensuring we're going to buy both by including one of the Hoenn Ubers in each game (though I'm probably getting both anyway.) It'd be faster to trade them over from my Pearl though.

As far as the Arceus event: lolwut? Can anyone translate what it's saying on the pic with Cynthia and Arceus?

I'm glad that the Hoenn legends are going to be obtainable in DS games (perhaps we get Hoenn starters similar to Johto starters in Emerald?), but the Giratina/Dialga/Palkia just seems stupid to me especially if you can only pick one as the text suggests (It says "given the right to choose one life out of three." -PokeBeach)

Something not brought up yet is the new PokeWalker.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker.shtml

From the sounds of it, it's like a Pocket Pikachu for any Pokemon. The Pokemon gain experience as you walk and move. It looks like Nintendo is getting in on staying active, and healthy, because that's getting pretty marketable. Rewarding players for actually putting the game down and doing stuff, but at the same time, they make it so you're, in a sense, ALWAYS playing Pokemon. Brilliant.

Also, how much experience do they gain, and how fast? A point each step you take? Could you just sort of shake it and get the same result, only faster?

Also this is awesome.

Something not brought up yet is the new PokeWalker.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker.shtml

From the sounds of it, it's like a Pocket Pikachu for any Pokemon. The Pokemon gain experience as you walk and move. It looks like Nintendo is getting in on staying active, and healthy, because that's getting pretty marketable. Rewarding players for actually putting the game down and doing stuff, but at the same time, they make it so you're, in a sense, ALWAYS playing Pokemon. Brilliant.

Also, how much experience do they gain, and how fast? A point each step you take? Could you just sort of shake it and get the same result, only faster?

Also this is awesome.
Put it in a paint mixer and wait 5 minutes for your level 100 Pokemon. I bet this never makes it to the US.

The Japanese movie events usually end up being TRU or Gamestop events in America, as the Pokemon movies don't show in theaters and rather go straight to DVD.
Ah, ok, I don't keep in touch with the movies so I didn't realize they'd stopped appearing in theaters here. That makes things much easier.

Also, sorry for asking questions that may be obvious, but I don't feel like wading through a couple thousand posts: are Lugia/Ho-oh catchable in both versions?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Put it in a paint mixer and wait 5 minutes for your level 100 Pokemon. I bet this never makes it to the US.
Clearly they would limit the number of EXP per minute to what is possible by a real person, they are not that stupid. I actually really like the idea, especially if there are things (items, ect) only accessible from it. But yea, its quite possible they will not have it outside Japan.

I don't think they've announced that yet, but I'm going to assume that it's a no, seeing how they've done it in recent years.

I can't wait for this game. I'm going to have to persuade my little sister to get the other version.

Ah, ok, I don't keep in touch with the movies so I didn't realize they'd stopped appearing in theaters here. That makes things much easier.

Also, sorry for asking questions that may be obvious, but I don't feel like wading through a couple thousand posts: are Lugia/Ho-oh catchable in both versions?
I would assume so. Deriving too much from the originals would be a huge dissappointment.

I've only read this page of this thread (and a lot of the beginning pages, like over 10), so here are my comments from this page.

They might have features based on the secondary egg groups of the Pokemon. Like breed a Pikachu with a Pokemon from the Field group and get one type of Pichu, but breed with a Fairy and get another feature, or breed with, like a Togetic/Togekiss, and maybe it gets flatter arms to resemble wings or something. o_o Or something like that.

And they are DEFINITELY trying to remove the need for GBA games if they are putting the RSE trio in games totally unrelated to it.

Oh, and lol at LV1 Sinnoh Trio.

Imo it's actually a much better idea. Improving G/S is far superior to just being a remake- if you want it to be exactly the same, just get an emulator. Johto wasn't even that good to begin with, and gen 2 is my least favourite generation gameplay-wise (4>3>1>2 in order of how I prefer them though all are excellent and there's not much in it). Some of my favourite pokémon are gen 2 however.

Plus the weather trio had to be introduced somewhere; the DSi kills off palpark. But then again I'm getting my gen 3 legends from Emerald anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)