HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is purely speculation but that "special attack" that Jirachi is using in the screenshot looks oddly similar to Draco Meteor... It also fits with Jirachi's "space" theme and the supposed name of the new area it unlocks: "Edge of the Night Sky".

Jirachi using "special attack".
Draco Meteor

The attack is being used against the Pokemon closest to us by the Jirachi on the far side.
If Jirachi is going to be meteor-themed, I'd expect to see Meteor Mash as well. It'll probably be something like Wish, Doom Desire, Meteor Mash, Draco Meteor. (Draco Meteor's Japanese name is "Meteoric Swarm", so doesn't really have anything to do with dragons anyway besides the type.)

i echo the "i hope jirachi is wi-fi sentiment."

I have suspicions that the latis might be featured somewhere in the 3rd gen legend theme.

im sure this has been said but I'd like to see unknown dungeon brought back complete with mewtwo. Perhaps make it genuinely difficult to get through?

I also have fingers crossed for kanto starters from Oak in Pallet after you beat Red in Mount Silver...I just think that would be awesome lol. Mew could also work in the beat Red and unlock role...

Ive now heard that:

Lugia soul silver along with kyorge rayquaza aswell.

Heart gold Ho-oh along with groudon and rayquaza aswell.

Ive now heard that:

Lugia soul silver along with kyorge rayquaza aswell.

Heart gold Ho-oh along with groudon and rayquaza aswell.
Yeah look like one page back. And it's Groudon in Silver, Kyogre in Gold, and Rayquaza in both but only if you have both Groudon and Kyogre in that game.

Yeah look like one page back. And it's Groudon in Silver, Kyogre in Gold, and Rayquaza in both but only if you have both Groudon and Kyogre in that game.
Ahh sorry got the two muddled up. Well I hope its going to be a good game.

Is it true Cressila and heatran might be in it?

I hope not. They don't need to fill the game with legendaries that are readily available in every other game. I could see them putting Heatran in Mount Mortar though, unfortunately.

Edit: And Cress in Mount Moon.

Hmm...do you guys think the Pokewalker will give EVs? Cause if you've maxed those then you can level while going around doing stuff.

(hoping this isn't Japan only)

Well Cynthia's talking about 3 somethings...

...someone had to be Captain Obvious. She probably is referring to the dragon trio.

So now we have:

Zapdos: Platinum
Articuno: Platinum
Moltres: Platinum
Mew: Pokemon Ranch
Suicune: HG/SS
Entei: HG/SS
Raikou: HG/SS
Lugia: HG/SS
Ho-oh: HG/SS
Regirock: Platinum
Registeel: Platinum
Regice: Platinum
Kyogre: HeartGold
Groudon: SoulSilver
Rayquaza: HG/SS
Jirachi: HG/SS
Deoxys: Gamestop Event
Azelf: D/P/Pl
Uxie: D/P/Pl
Mesprit: D/P/Pl
Dialga: D/Pl
Palkia: P/Pl
Giratina: D/P/Pl
Heatran: D/P/Pl
Cresselia: D/P/Pl
Regigigas: D/P/Pl
Manaphy: Pokemon Ranger
Phione: D/P/Pl
Shaymin: TRU Event
Darkrai: TRU Event
Arceus: Coming soon to HG/SS

All we need is Mewtwo, Celebi, Latios and Latias and we'll be able to get every legendary without a GBA game.

So now we have:

Zapdos: Platinum
Articuno: Platinum
Moltres: Platinum
Mew: Pokemon Ranch
Suicune: HG/SS
Entei: HG/SS
Raikou: HG/SS
Lugia: HG/SS
Ho-oh: HG/SS
Regirock: Platinum
Registeel: Platinum
Regice: Platinum
Kyogre: HeartGold
Groudon: SoulSilver
Rayquaza: HG/SS
Jirachi: HG/SS
Deoxys: Gamestop Event
Azelf: D/P/Pl
Uxie: D/P/Pl
Mesprit: D/P/Pl
Dialga: D/Pl
Palkia: P/Pl
Giratina: D/P/Pl
Heatran: D/P/Pl
Cresselia: D/P/Pl
Regigigas: D/P/Pl
Manaphy: Pokemon Ranger
Phione: D/P/Pl
Shaymin: TRU Event
Darkrai: TRU Event
Arceus: Coming soon to HG/SS

All we need is Mewtwo, Celebi, Latios and Latias and we'll be able to get every legendary without a GBA game.

I can't believe Celebi won't be obtainable in this game. They even have the little shrine for it in the forest just past the bug Gym. I can see it being a post-E4 obtainable, like DP Giratina, Heatran, etc.

^No, Celebi's definitely going to be remaining as an event-only Pokemon. They're probably going to have an event for it soon after HG/SS come out, but it won't be obtainable in game.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
^No, Celebi's definitely going to be remaining as an event-only Pokemon. They're probably going to have an event for it soon after HG/SS come out, but it won't be obtainable in game.
...Why? You know, the only reason US Crystal didn't have the event was becauses cell phones weren't as popular among kids as they are nowadays.

I did see the map and was going to mention it, but I couldn't figure out what the hell it was showing. Good eye catching the National Park Poke ball grass in the corner. And if that's really Cianwood.. good lord. Looks like they're fleshing out Johto ALOT, which was very much needed. This looks promising, hopefully we'll get the other half of that page soon.

Edit: Are you sure that's Cianwood? It might be Olivine, it's pretty close to the National Park area.
I'm pretty sure it's Cianwood and not Olivine, since it looks like there's water to the north of the landmass in question. As we all know, Olivine is connected to the mainland to the north, east & west sides.

I think they just made Cianwood it's own huge area and expanded the water around the Whirl Islands.

That may mean that we're only going to be able to catch one of the three per game.
Am I the only one who suspects that this is an event for a set of starter pokemon, and NOT Lv.1 legendaries? 2chan is not a reliable source, you know.

Whether it would be Gen I or Gen III starters, though, I have no idea.

Am I the only one who suspects that this is an event for a set of starter pokemon, and NOT Lv.1 legendaries? 2chan is not a reliable source, you know.

Whether it would be Gen I or Gen III starters, though, I have no idea.
Level 1 legendary? I dont think there will be any.

I hoping that you will be able to catch wild staters because that would be cool.

It would never happen though. ;\

I don't believe that it will be Lv. 1 dragon trios though, maybe it will be some new baby Legend! Like baby dragons of the trio :P

On the topic of the choice of three things, I actually doubt it's a starter choice of any sort. Why would Arceus get involved with such ordinary Pokemon? Logically, if Arceus is involved you'd expect it to be something big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)