HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone considered how they will incorporate the time-traveling trade things? Personally I think it would be cool if they could somehow incorporate a Pal Park-ish place into the game. Hey, maybe that's what the thing is next to National Park.

WOOOAH. wth is that stuff round the corner from cianwood???

There seem to be distinct square sections...

That could mean anything from safari zone to pal park to battle fronteir...

Any ideas?

1.River leading to the left?
2.another mysteriou cloud blocked area?
3.mysterious tower
4.Another mysterou tower
5.Cave(was this there before?
6.bridge through mountain
7.Cave 2
8.leading to right?

On the official website they seem to say that you can race the notch-eared pikachu.
And seems like they confirm the lv.1 legends.

From this website, it looks like you can get both Ho-oh and Lugia in both games. Has this already been confirmed or did I misread it? Sorry I haven't been keeping myself up to date on these games the last couple of days.

And from what I gather from this site, all pokemon can definitely follow you. Cool

Edit: Nevermind, both Ho-oh and Lugia are in both of the games just like the originals. Yesssssssssssssss

the website seems to suggest that the story is different to the original games, and from what ive read, that the legends are exclusive to each cartridge...

can anyone prove me wrong (please do lol, i want both...)?

the website seems to suggest that the story is different to the original games, and from what ive read, that the legends are exclusive to each cartridge...

can anyone prove me wrong (please do lol, i want both...)?
Kyogre and Groudon are exclusive; Lugia and Ho-oh aren't though:
http://209.85.225.132/translate_c?h...le.com&usg=ALkJrhimod0t8f6jOgJrsH-d2ap0emIK2Q

This page is just saying that which one you catch first is dependent on the version, just like the original.

Not sure what it means by a new story though.

I just thought of something that at least I would find neat: if other in-game trainers had their 'top' Pokemon following them. You would know what you're up against.
But that could also get annoying seeing every trainer with their Pokemon out. Not every trainer in the anime has their Pokemon out, so maybe only certain trainers would have theirs out?

(Sorry if someone else already mentioned this in a previous post; I didn't feel like reading through the entire thread.)

it would be awesome if they included the orange island, even though it was an entire filler saga, 4 extra gyms, and its own elite arena
What you have to realise is, the anime is cannon to the video game (lets ignore pokemon yellow for a second). Orange islands was something made up by the anime guys, not the game guys, so personally I couldnt see it happening. With wahts been mentioned about some action pokemon games, perhaps that league would be mroe fitting there (water gunning the cans in the Michan gym for example).

On an aside, I cannot beleive I remembered all that from watching it as a kid 6 years ago. I miss those simpler days! :D

HG/SS look great, but I really cant wait to see what they will do for gen 5: I really want them to pull a reset like the transition from gold/silver to ruby/saphhire. Then, build an RPG that hasnt got gaping flaws in it that have to be solved by the community, other than uber/everything else tiers (have less of a difference stat wise between pokemon). I would like to see a revamped stat/move system, perhaps being different rather than just "overcomplicated". The time invested to legitimatly gain a competitive team should be massively ruduced too (and not require a AR for cloning/IV check/fast hatch etc to make the process bearable).

I digress. Roll on HG/SS, which I presume implies there will be at least 1 more VGC for this generation of pokemon? :D

What you have to realise is, the anime is cannon to the video game (lets ignore pokemon yellow for a second). Orange islands was something made up by the anime guys, not the game guys, so personally I couldnt see it happening. With wahts been mentioned about some action pokemon games, perhaps that league would be mroe fitting there (water gunning the cans in the Michan gym for example).

On an aside, I cannot beleive I remembered all that from watching it as a kid 6 years ago. I miss those simpler days! :D

HG/SS look great, but I really cant wait to see what they will do for gen 5: I really want them to pull a reset like the transition from gold/silver to ruby/saphhire. Then, build an RPG that hasnt got gaping flaws in it that have to be solved by the community, other than uber/everything else tiers (have less of a difference stat wise between pokemon). I would like to see a revamped stat/move system, perhaps being different rather than just "overcomplicated". The time invested to legitimatly gain a competitive team should be massively ruduced too (and not require a AR for cloning/IV check/fast hatch etc to make the process bearable).

I digress. Roll on HG/SS, which I presume implies there will be at least 1 more VGC for this generation of pokemon? :D
While pokemon is a competitive game in most respects, I hope they don't listen to your suggestions. The game itself has great mechanics, the only problem is Nintendo's rulings on banned pokemon(Wobby/Garchomp are allowed, but not Shaymin, wtf?).

Oh, and as a reply to earlier posts, I doubt that we will have Hoen in this game. This is because that you can capture groundon and kyogre and requaza!!!! But maybe I'm wrong.... I hope so, because a remake of Hoen would be swell, they seriously need to change that horrid music.... And it would also be good to ge able to get latias and latios, which I reckon will be in the game.
am i the only person who kinda liked the hoenn music?

am i the only person who kinda liked the hoenn music?
No, I thought it was the best overall music score as well tbh. Each song fitted the mood of each location, there was prosody for the game. Although the tunes arent as stand out memorable as they are in other games (route 27 or dark cave in g/s/c for example) the score as a whole worked better.

While pokemon is a competitive game in most respects, I hope they don't listen to your suggestions.
Feel free to elaborate. :)

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HG/SS will just be Gold and Silver using the mechanics of D/Pe/Pl. Do not expect a new battle system like the one between ADV -> DP until the next generation of games comes out.

HG/SS will just be Gold and Silver using the mechanics of D/Pe/Pl. Do not expect a new battle system like the one between ADV -> DP until the next generation of games comes out.
Re-read my post. I said gen 5, not HG/SS (which is still gen 4), with the connective "but", not "and". I also said "I digress".

Sorry for the confusion.

Re-read my post. I said gen 5, not HG/SS (which is still gen 4), with the connective "but", not "and". I also said "I digress".

Sorry for the confusion.
I understood you-5th generation should have gamebreakingly different battle mechanics than 4th, and you want breeding to be easier-I don't think it should be as easy as you would like, and with the RNG cracked, it isn't very hard anyways. The battling mechanics are perfect, in 3rd generation, I was always asking myself, "Why isn't ThunderPunch or Dragon Claw physical?" 4th generation fixed that up, and I honestly don't find myself asking any similar question referring to game mechanics of 4th gen.

I'm not sure what improvements you would want in the stat system - the EV/IV system works quite well IMO. The breeding mechanics can be a pain but like blasphemy said, the cracked RNG alleviates that frustration. Unless the changes made would be a vast improvement, I'd rather they keep the current system intact. But knowing Nintendo, change for the sake of making us buy more copies of remakes wouldn't be surprising. :[

Didn't somebody mention that they were trying to expand VGCs in the U.S.? Either way, I wouldn't expect a new generation so soon...especially when it seems unlikely for the true successor to the DS to make its appearance in next year or two.

1.River leading to the left?
Will probably be blocked by rocks to prevent access.
2.another mysteriou cloud blocked area?
Yeah, probably hiding something.
3.mysterious tower
Another unknown.
4.Another mysterou tower
Try the Tin Tower.
5.Cave(was this there before?
Dragon's Den.
6.bridge through mountain
Monorail connecting Goldenrod and Saffron.
7.Cave 2
Pokemon League.
8.leading to right?
Kanto. >_>

On the official website they seem to say that you can race the notch-eared pikachu.
And seems like they confirm the lv.1 legends.
It looks very, very cool. ^^

1.River leading to the left? well thats new
2.another mysteriou cloud blocked area? thats were the battle tower will probably be as in crytal

3.mysterious tower thats new, unless it is a radio tower
4.Another mysterou tower i believe thats tin tower, where you find ho-oh
5.Cave(was this there before? i think its dragon's den, where you get extremespeed dratini

6.bridge through mountain i think thats not a bridge, those probably are rails from the train going to kanto

7.Cave 2 ithink thats victory road and indigo plateau, the elite four

8.leading to right? the normal route to kanto

I understood you-5th generation should have gamebreakingly different battle mechanics than 4th, and you want breeding to be easier-I don't think it should be as easy as you would like, and with the RNG cracked, it isn't very hard anyways. The battling mechanics are perfect, in 3rd generation, I was always asking myself, "Why isn't ThunderPunch or Dragon Claw physical?" 4th generation fixed that up, and I honestly don't find myself asking any similar question referring to game mechanics of 4th gen.
Throughout this generation I've always been asking myself 'Why isn't Thunderpunch half Fighting?' and other similar questions (Why isn't Thunder Fang half Dark? / why isn't Draco Meteor half Rock? etc), but most people see that as a step too far as far as complicated battle mechanics goes, which I can sort of understand.

As for something more on-topic, I have to admit that I was unsure at first whether I was going to get one of these games when they were announced. But after seeing all the effort that they are putting in to all aspects of the game, not only have I made my mind up about getting it, it is now one of my most highly anticipated games for next year. I can't wait to relive my days as a 13-year-old Pokegeek!

Throughout this generation I've always been asking myself 'Why isn't Thunderpunch half Fighting?'
Because then blaziken and infernape would have double stab on fire punch. I think double stabbed moves would start to get ridiculous with higher base power moves and/or on more powerful pokemon eg muddy water on a water/ground pokemon

Throughout this generation I've always been asking myself 'Why isn't Thunderpunch half Fighting?' and other similar questions (Why isn't Thunder Fang half Dark? / why isn't Draco Meteor half Rock? etc), but most people see that as a step too far as far as complicated battle mechanics goes, which I can sort of understand.
ive often thought about that too - like muddy water (ground/water), zen headbutt (psychic/fighting).

but could you imagine hitting a geodude with a water/grass move? would it do 16x damage? or would a super-effective half-type only increase the damage by 50%, so that for example water/grass would do, 1x to blaziken, 1.5x to nincada, 2x to dugtrio, 2x to swampert, 4x to geodude, .75x to heracross, .5x to sceptile, etc....

also, how would STAB be awarded? maybe 1.5x if both types match attackers types, or 1.25 if only one type matches?

interestingly, it would lead to all kinds of coverage considerations - eg an ice/electric attack would mean the famous bolt-beam combo being present in one move, with close to universal coverage in just one attack. other combo's like dragon/fire or dragon/ground would work nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)