HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the movepool is really lacking, and its design doesn't suggest any useful moves like Wish, Recover, Stealth Rock, etc.
Since when Togekiss design suggest Nasty plot, or Blissey design suggest Stealth rocks?

Gamefreak just give uber good attacks to the pokemon they know people uses (Bliss, Skarm), and let things like Wormadam-sand without them (cant learn SR even having rocks around her body)

Anyways Meganium isn't that bad. It's just outclassed by things like Vileplume because can't absorb toxic spikes, but having EQ resistance and not being psychic weak are good things, also, p-passing and being bulkier than vile are plus to Megan

Meganium is pretty decent, but it can't learn much useful moves. Since they did it in Platinum, I am sure that the Johto starters will have a movepool adjustment.

Awesome. Although I'm curious as to how long it'd take to grow them like that, since if it's too long it'd be much easier to just keep plucking them as they regrow. Also, what will they do with the balls when it comes to transferring Pokemon caught in them?

Also there: Lv50 Rayquaza. Interesting level for it. Would've expected higher, since it was originally at Lv70 in RSE.

Hm, you'know whats odd? The fact that in anime chikorita gets vine whip... 0_0

Anyway, I'm sure most of you have red on serebii by now that there is going to be a battle frontier! Hurah for the Japs!

Oh BTW, (reply to the guy above) yes I have to agree it certainly looks that way. In a recent anime ep Dawn was attacked by a wild Raikou! (even more evidence!). However, apparently the Jap anime makers say that they aren't going back. Hm, I think they are lying personally
<_<

Oh and to the person higher up the page you're definately right! Please f****** please nintendo give typhlosion rapid spin! He can learn double edge and gyro ball so why the f*** not rapid spin? My ty has focus blast, fire blast, hidden power ice and willow wisp... <_<
Yeh willow wisp is ok, it certainly gives any gyarados switching in something to think about! ^_^
But I would much rather have rapid spin any day.

Better stock up on those Fast Balls folks, don't wanna get screwed when you meet fleeing shinies. Kyogre and Groudon will either be lvl 45 or all three weather trio will be lvl 50 like the Kanto birds are all lvl 60 in Plat. I guess the Safari Zone will help get past gen pokes for people that don't own any of the GBA games.

Apricorns and new safari zone, that's really good news! But still Kanto is a mystery :o now that the safari zone has been moved to Johto... i bet the warden will be there ;).

The apricorns are probably given similar growth cycles ala the current berries. Hopefully, Game Freak changed the time it takes for Kurt to make balls from the apricorns.

Am I like one of the few people overjoyed about the Battle Frontier thing? XD

For the longest time, I felt like one of tiny, TINY few who actually thought they'd be one in this game, and it just feels so nice that I got something right on the money for once.

I swear, the Apricorn balls better have the same catch rate they did in the past. Most, if not all of them had VERY haxed-up catch rates. The Love Ball, for instance, has a 8x catch rate, versus the Quick Ball's 4x.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Am I like one of the few people overjoyed about the Battle Frontier thing? XD
I really haven't given any thought to that possibility, but now that it's confirmed, I'm getting pretty anxious to know if it will be like Emerald's or Platinum's. It better has at least the Battle Pike and Dome (and Johto equivalents of Tucker and Lucy), or I'll be a sad gamer :(

What I'm hoping, in regards to the Battle Frontier-style facility, is they have items that were not purchasable/missing in DPPt. Like one of's TMs and such. While there's PBR, not everyone has a Wii+PBR, such as myself. Being able to get most of the TMs, if not all in HG/SS would be great. I would purchase as many Dark Pulse as I want, even if it's most likely gonna be expensive/time consuming.

What I'm hoping, in regards to the Battle Frontier-style facility, is they have items that were not purchasable/missing in DPPt. Like one of's TMs and such. While there's PBR, not everyone has a Wii+PBR, such as myself. Being able to get most of the TMs, if not all in HG/SS would be great. I would purchase as many Dark Pulse as I want, even if it's most likely gonna be expensive/time consuming.
About the PBR thing, you don't even get unlimited stuff from there. A game can only get one of each of the things there, so it's only turning Dark Pulse from a one-off to a two-off.

Something funny: I was just playing Platinum and Roark visited my Villa. He went on about how the Underground is even under the Resort area and then goes on to say "I wonder... If I really tried, would I be able to extend it to even places like Kanto and Johto?"

I don't think it'll happen, it just funny that I was looking at this thread when he said that. But if it does happen, at least it won't be completely out of left field.

On a completely different note:
Hm, you'know whats odd? The fact that in anime chikorita gets vine whip... 0_0
It's not like Chikorita's the only Pokemon in the anime to have an egg move. I mean, at the broadest definition, Pikachu's Volt Tackle qualifies.

In the anime Fantina has a Drifloon with hypnosis also. And at some point in the episode, she mentions that she hatched it from an egg herself. I was actually pretty impressed.

But wow, Cianwood's got a safari zone. I wonder if they'll do something else with the Kanto one.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
anyone know what the bar that has wcs 2010 on it says?

also no one has mentioned raikou's sprite, what do you think?

EDIT: i had the pic but its tiny, just go to pokebeach and look yourself- http://pokebeach.com/

Since Apricorn Balls are 1-per-day, their catch rates will likely remain the same.

Apricorns will be stored in an... Apricorn Case? Haha I predicted all of that to a t like a month ago.

What is everybodys love for a Safari Zone? I always try to avoid them for various reasons. That area could have been put to so much better use imo. Plus this means Kanto's Safari Zone will more than likely remain shuttered.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Since Apricorn Balls are 1-per-day, their catch rates will likely remain the same.

Apricorns will be stored in an... Apricorn Case? Haha I predicted all of that to a t like a month ago.

What is everybodys love for a Safari Zone? I always try to avoid them for various reasons. That area could have been put to so much better use imo. Plus this means Kanto's Safari Zone will more than likely remain shuttered.
Or it will become a Pal Park (although there's no connection to the sea, so it's actually unlikely).

And I'm happy with Cianwood's Safari Zone because FUCKING SINNOH AND THEIR MARSHES GO AWAY >:| I always liked Safari Zone (specially RSE's), but DPPt just had to fuck up with it. But now, shitty mud is nowhere to be seen, so whatever they make, it can't be as bad as Great Marsh. Thank God.

And Alakapimp, according to filb.de, that page is talking about the WCS 2010, where only HGSS carts will be allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)