Hitmonlee

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Another possible useful set would be this:
Hitmonlee,Adamant with Unburden and max attc/speed
Item:Rechargeable Battery

-hi jump kick/close combat
-stone edge
-mach punch
-sucker punch/blaze kick

Lee comes in in a weak electric attack like a lanturns or a rotom's tbolt get's the+1 attack boost and the +2 boost in speed with about 50%-60% health left and four moveslots to use which is pretty potent...
He also has 2 priorities,the first receiving stab and the second being an 80 bp attack!so it's not so easy to revnge kill him...
And adamant cause with unburden u don'y need the extra speed,he will most likely outspeed the whole uu tier(in which i think he will remain)even without full speed so maybe u could invest some evs in hp for extra bulkiness....

There are no tiers yet, and with Lee's paper-thin defenses, he won't be taking any hit easily. Blaze Kick is pretty worthless, and hi jump kick is the better fighting attack, although there is discussion there.

Then there's a sizeable chance Doryuuzu will survive your Normal Jewel'd Fake Out + Mach Punch, if that's what you're trying to revenge kill at least.

Then there's a sizeable chance Doryuuzu will survive your Normal Jewel'd Fake Out + Mach Punch, if that's what you're trying to revenge kill at least.

I'm pretty sure that someone said jolly hitmonlee outspeeds dory after the unburden boost, meaning that after the fake out, he can use a stronger fighting move.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I'm pretty sure that someone said jolly hitmonlee outspeeds dory after the unburden boost, meaning that after the fake out, he can use a stronger fighting move.
sadly Hitmonlee sits one Spe point under Dory and Doryuzu is almost everytime jolly to tie with other doryuzuu ;/

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Doryuuzu doesn't necessarily have to use a Jolly nature to abuse Sand Throw. With a Jolly Nature, Doryuuzu can outspeed the metagame and sweep, assuming it EVER gets a Swords Dance boost in. Which it can with the support of Encore users such as Wobbuffet, sadly for most opponents of Doryuuzu.

Either way, Hitmonlee might need to run a Jolly nature for the sake of the possibility of Adamant Doryuuzu. Jolly also benefits you for outspeeding magic speed numbers like neutral base 100's. It depends on the metagame's use of Doryuuzu (keep inb mind that most Doryuuzu runs Jolly to outspeed opponent Doryuuzu), or if you care about Doryuuzu at all.

Unburden is a nice addition(it can outspeed a lot of things, though about Dory if all are Jolly it won't outspeed as several mentioned). Also CC > HJK on none Reckless sets.

HJK has 10 more BP, I haven't checked the calcs, but this *should* turn 3HKO's into 2HKO's and the like.
Enjoy your 50 percent health loss when they switch into a ghost and completely stop you, especially a status changer. Almost ever team has a ghost on it whether Trapper Shandera, Preevo Stone Dusclops, Burrunga, Mischevious Heart Sableeye and the list goes on.

Enjoy your 50 percent health loss when they switch into a ghost and completely stop you, especially a status changer. Almost ever team has a ghost on it whether Trapper Shandera, Preevo Stone Dusclops, Burrunga, Mischevious Heart Sableeye and the list goes on.
You'd still be pretty screwed if you used Close Combat on them instead though.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You'd still be pretty screwed if you used Close Combat on them instead though.
I dont't think so...the only time u get fucked up is when shandera comes in cause u are trapped and it can outspeed you with a scarf...in all the other cases it's just a lost turn and u have to switch like it happens in all the situations when something that walls u comes in...but if u use hi jump kick when a ghost comes in here u go having lost half of ur health....

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
There are no tiers yet, and with Lee's paper-thin defenses, he won't be taking any hit easily. Blaze Kick is pretty worthless, and hi jump kick is the better fighting attack, although there is discussion there.
First of all i didn't said that there are any tiers i just expressed my opinion about hitmonlee's tiering so read more carefully next time...
And second here are some calculations to show u how good Hitmonlee can take some electric special attacks(in all the calculations Hitmonlee will be assumed to have 4/0 hp/sp.def):
-rotom's tbolt(timid,max sp.attack) vs hitmonlee:117-138 damage
-rotom's tbolt(same as above with life orb) vs hitmonlee:151-178 damage
-standart lanturn's tbolt(calm,140 ev's in sp.attack) vs itmonlee:91-107 damage
-offensive lanturn's tbolt(modest,max sp.attack) vs hitmonlee:112-132 damage
-mismagius's and mesprit's tbolt(timid,max sp.attack) vs hitmonlee:84-98 damage
-mismagius's and mesprit's tbolt(same as above with life orb) vs hitmonlee:107-127 damage
-encourage nidoking's tbolt(rash,max sp.attack with life orb) vs hitmonlee:133-157 damage
-encourage nidoking's tbolt(timid,max sp.attack with life orb) vs hitmonlee:121-143 damage
So Lee can comfortably survive most electric special attacks,from the pokes that i suppose that will be in uu that commonly carry electric attacks, with around 50% remaining and strike back hard!

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Mmh i like the idea of using Rechargeable Battery on Hitmonlee since he is quite bulky on the special Side. However i still think its a bit too gimmicky since it could be quite hard to actually get the boost and its only one time use.
Also Close Combat is better than HJK on sets without Reckless, because 10 more Base Points aren't worth 10% accuary and the defense Drops aren't that horrible since he gets killed by Priority anyways given his pretty low defense stat and after the Unburden boost Priority will be his biggest Problem.

i just expressed my opinion about hitmonlee's tiering
You're also expressing your opinion on several other pokemon' tierings.

Besides the fact that this set is beyond gimmicky, how is going to deal with Mismagius or Rotom that carry will-o-wisp/sub? I don't think stone edge is an OHKO, and Nidoking does resist all of his attacks besides Sucker Punch, so if it runs Sub, then it can *possibly* stop Lee. Also, Claydol switch-ins stop Lee as they resist every move barring Sucker Punch, but they can set up trick room if running that set, trick a choice scarf onto Lee if running that set, or simply wall him.

@Burningman: If priority is unburden lee's biggest threat, then why use close combat? I'm not following your argument.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
@Burningman: If priority is unburden lee's biggest threat, then why use close combat? I'm not following your argument.
the def drops doesn't matter because he gets one shotted by almost every Priority anyways since 50/53 Defenses are just too low to take any physical hit.

Hi Jump kick now almost certainly outclasses close combat. It has a (Slightly, by 10) higher BP, and you don't get a defence (and sp.def) drop. 90 accuracy isn't terrible, and I think the bp boost from reckless is too good to pass up.

All in all, unburden is a cool addition, but I think Limber and reckless are better.

Besides the fact that this set is beyond gimmicky, how is going to deal with Mismagius or Rotom that carry will-o-wisp/sub? I don't think stone edge is an OHKO, and Nidoking does resist all of his attacks besides Sucker Punch, so if it runs Sub, then it can *possibly* stop Lee. Also, Claydol switch-ins stop Lee as they resist every move barring Sucker Punch, but they can set up trick room if running that set, trick a choice scarf onto Lee if running that set, or simply wall him.

Just a nitpick, but neither Nidoking nor Claydol resist Blaze Kick.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows

i dont't get why this set sounds so gimmick to you...i know that is not the easiest thing to predict an electric move but you can make it easier by seting up with a threat that has weakness to electric moves so you put the pressure on the opponent to hit you with the electric attack and get the boost...and also i know that this set isn't the most flexible cause it is one time use but so are all the late game cleaners...and i don't remember telling anywhere that hitmonlee could ohko every pokemon..finally why are you telling me that this hitmonlee can't do anything to these threats???do other hitmonlee sets fare better???

Could Hitmonlee fit Foresight in somewhere? To stop ghost types from walling his hi-jump-kick, you see.

And what about using a Wide Lens, to make his hi-jump-kick fully accurate?

Question: Is it just me, or are egg moves completely incompatible with Unburden?

In order to have Unburden and egg moves, it must be bred with a female with the DW ability. In some Pokémon's case, there are male-only/female-only pairs that result in eggs of either, such as the two Nidorans, Miltank/Tauros, etc. No such pair exists for the hitmons, and Tyrogue cannot breed. The hitmons are male only.

Thus, Mach Punch and Endure are incompatible with Unburden. Only mentioning this as in the OP there is an Unburden set with Endure.

*EDIT* Just realized Hitmonlee learns Endure through level-up, as you were. Though I saw talk of Normal Jewel Fake Out then Mach Punch to beat Doryuuzu, which I assume would involve Unburden.

Reckless Hitmonlee has the problem of needing a choice scarf to do anything, and then you're locked into a fighting move and there's a whole other problem... -_-

I was so excited that Tyrogue gets Pursuit in Gen 5! (First Time) Then I realized that its better to hit ghosts with Stone edge. Blaze kick is weaker and gets redundant coverage (HJK is better on most, Stone edge on the others) and Earthquake has the problem of being almost completely redundant with Fighting and balloon existing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)