Honchkrow v Critical Damage! A Gimmicky OU Warstory

I will not lie. I thought you were going to get your ass handed to you, but when I saw Flareon sweep I was like |:O. THAT WAS EPIC!!!! Sorry for the caps, but I felt it was necessary. That was an amazing story and I applaud your for use of Flareon. Please continue these stories! I want to see Flareon show up some more OU pokes.

Also I posted this in the flareon Page to show the others. Hope that's okay.

100/10.

When I first saw this, I didn't think this'd be so good.

But 10/10 just for all the NFEs and NUs.

Nice work mate!

The battle might not have been the ultimate battle prediction-wise, but anything ending with a Flareon-sweep is instant 10/10. Looking forward to see more NFE/NU teams :)

Flareon...sweep...head...explode...competitive skills decreasing...must use Electivire...

Your team alone was so epic that I'd just have to rate this 10/10.

A Flareon sweep, of all things, is truly what makes this warstory mindbendingly EPIC. Great job, man!

10/10 and a luvdisc.

GREAT(had to put it in caps) battle.
One thing, before turn 13 you say its a Flame orb, but in the log it says Toxic Orb...

It's a gimmicky warstory, but the fact that the title warns us is what makes reading this bearable.

Oh, and the Flareon sweep. 8/10

Opponent didn't really have the great team, but still, going up against Nite, Ulgamoth, etc with your lineup of pokes takes some balls.

Lovely warstory, and you have my thanks for pulling this off in such grand fashion that I'm tossing out the traditional OU team I've been working on and going back to my favs.

Good read. I'm glad to see somebody using their favourites and underused Pokemon. Flareon was definitely great in this battle.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't care about the fact that you used bad Pokemon, but I did like the comments and you can't ignore a Flareon sweep. Good work.

Dude, this is my first post here. I'm very new at the competitive scene, and got really upset seeing things how they are (Inconsistent, Darkrai+Skymin+Deoxys-A and Game Freaks insane power creeping) and never liked using Pokémon i don't really like or find incredibly ridiculous (such as Heatran and sooooo many others... come on, the designers were high when they did him). But your story brought me back. It's possible.

Thanks! 100/10!

And how did that lame excuse for a Pokémon absorbed TSpikes even in a Balloon?

Yeah man, I completely sympathize with everyone out there posting for the first time. Man look at that, "Posts: 1." So unimtimidating. But great story. Mad props for the team.

Flareon sweep +10
Beedrill on team +5
Good Commentary +7

Small log -2 (I could read it but like other people pointed out, it might be a problem)

Never showed opponents team in full -2 (It would've helped in the beginning so we knew your thought process)

Overall 18/10

i give it a 10,000,000/10.

FLAREON!!!

....sorry about that. Seriously though, if I didn't know better, i'd say that it wasn't possible. Now,I'm going to finish my game, and Battle Tower Triple Delibird. Let's do this.

Pretty average battle really, and "gimmick team" and all that don't really save it from that fact.
This is how I felt on the whole, except I felt the battle wasn't as well planned out as Tea gave you credit too. The commentary was there, it stated what you were going to do, but wasn't much else. There wasn't anything exciting. Not much colors. No percentages. The sprites came out nicely though, and your simplicity saved it from being overly gaudy. Your phazers need some form of recovery, you're really lucky your opponent was a noob or you would've lost. Using prevo stone Shelgon was pretty clever, but still: you need some form of recovery, you were really lucky you got as much roars off as you did. I don't know what he was thinking when he used Flame Dance on your Shelgon. Your Flareon didn't sweep either, it got lucky that his pokemon were weakened enough to be killed by entry hazards. I personally don't know why so many people liked this battle, to me, it will forever be under par. I may be a hypocrite, my warstory was shit, but this wasn't too much better than mine either way.

4/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)