How far are you in dp?

60+ hours into the game after getting it on sunday at 8:00. I've gotten the national dex and I just finished EV training my rampardos. God it's hard to find a good atk leveling spot...

60+ hours into the game after getting it on sunday at 8:00. I've gotten the national dex and I just finished EV training my rampardos. God it's hard to find a good atk leveling spot...
Im using Lake Acuity w/ Bibarel's for my Cranidos I'm EV training. :]

I just beat Cyrus and Saturn at the Galactic HQ.

Mismagius L41
Staraptor L39
Bronzong L39
Gyarados L38
Gabite L33
Octillery L28

I figured out that I didn't find using Torterra much fun, so I decided to ditch him for a special attacker. I planned on using Raichu, but Pikachu is a wuss and Mismagius already knew Thunderbolt, so I settled on Octillery.

im going through victory road right now. then i have to train my omanyte (so itll be omastar and raise my other pokemon a little) and then CONQUER!!!

Training as much as possible before the 4th badge b/c I feel underleveled.

Lvl 31 Gyarados
Lvl 31 Sneasel
Lvl 30 Luxray
Lvl 30 Lucario
Lvl 30 Crobat

I feel really underleveled and I don't know why.

I have beat 4 gyms but right now I'm playing around with the GTS and breeding. I've got:

Murkrow(F) L29 (Impish)
Psyduck(F) L29 (Relaxed)
Grotle(M) L28 (Lax) [Max HP IV yay!]
Staravia(M) L28 (Hasty)
Misdreavus(F) L22 (Modest)
Monferno(M) L18 (Naughty)

Not really a good team, too many Physical attackers and Misdreavus has no attacks other than Psywave (...) and Sucker Punch (Physical is no good with that attack stat with negative nature). But the game can pretty much be beaten just by cursing up on Grotle and using a potion here and there. Murkrow is my lover too, he knocks kids in their knots.

I just beat the elite 4 with Staraptor,Garchomp, and Infernape all at level 57 and 3 HM slaves that couldn't do much beside switch in to let me use a revive. My favorite E4 by far. I've just gotten the national Dex

I'm currently heading for my sixth gym, but I really, really wanna level out my team. It's HORRIBLY underleveled, look:

Infernape lvl 37
Staravia lvl 30
Shellos lvl 22
Geodude lvl 21
Roselia lvl 24
Stunky lvl 14 (Defoggggg)

Yeeeah. Lvl up time. Also, I wanna try breeding for Poison Spike Roselia for a good Roserade. Then I wantz a Drapion... and I might ditch Staravia for a Honchcrow...

I got my national dex today, so im doing the stuff I can now~

(And to people with "new" saves, try to catch a kadabra/level an abra. I beat most of the gyms with a non-spefic EV'd kadabra I got as an abra right after the grass gym. If only I had gotten it evolved to an alakazam sooner then today~ It owned the fourth E4 guy as a kadabra. Gotta love special shadow ball on an good special sweeper.)

just got through Victory Road
my team stands at:

Weavile lvl46 - adamant (29 Atk IV :-D)
night slash
x scissor
screech
quick attack

Garchomp lvl50 - Gentle (nature is eew but it still kicks ass)
dig
rock slide
dragon claw
swords dance

Empoleon lvl50 - Bold (heh awesome, first start too)
surf
flash cannon
grass knot
blizzard

Staraptor lvl49 (lonely, again eew nature)
Close Combat
Fly
return
brave bird

Luxray lvl 49 (lax, for the third time, eew nature)
thunder fang
crunch
leer
scary face (dont know any moves to put here that wouldn't take away my precious WiFi TMs)

I had saved in front of Dialga to try and get a good one, but then I realized I stupidly didn't free up a spot in my team, and therefore it would take me forever to go through all the dialogue and get to a place to fly back to a PC, so I gave up on that and just took the first one I got. Now I'm in front of Azelf, trying to do the same thing, hopefully successfully this time. My current team:

Lvl 45 Infernape
Lvl 44 Staraptor
Lvl 44 Alakazam
Lvl 44 Luxray
Lvl 43 Empoleon
Lvl 42 Torterra

I had saved in front of Dialga to try and get a good one, but then I realized I stupidly didn't free up a spot in my team, and therefore it would take me forever to go through all the dialogue and get to a place to fly back to a PC, so I gave up on that and just took the first one I got. Now I'm in front of Azelf, trying to do the same thing, hopefully successfully this time. My current team:

Lvl 45 Infernape
Lvl 44 Staraptor
Lvl 44 Alakazam
Lvl 44 Luxray
Lvl 43 Empoleon
Lvl 42 Torterra

with some serious luck and skill combined, i beat the elite 4 and the champ with this team:

torterra lv 53
infernape lv 50
palkia lv 52
staraptor lv 62
luxray lv 52
omastar lv 42

i borrowed the staraptor from soniczerox and with some skillful switching, it completely owned the champion (garchomp made things hard, but i beat it.... when i won i had torterra and staraptor left.)

I had saved in front of Dialga to try and get a good one, but then I realized I stupidly didn't free up a spot in my team, and therefore it would take me forever to go through all the dialogue and get to a place to fly back to a PC, so I gave up on that and just took the first one I got.
I had the same problem, and they wouldn't let you out to go free up a slot either without catching/killing Dialga first. But I still reset, it wasn't too bad as long as you have an escape rope. Just walk back into the cave, use the escape rope, then fly to a pokecenter and check nature/IVs. But having to go through the dialogue many times was pretty annoying. I will have to remember to have an open slot on my pearl before trying for palkia.

Right now I'm just trying out the battle tower for the first time. Transfered a couple of my lvl 100s from emerald and have made it through the 1st 7 trainers without a problem. AI is still pretty stupid, repeatedly trying to toxic/stun spore when you have a sub up. I've also bred a shroomish so it has false swipe and now trying to level it up to learn spore so I can have somthing to catch the other legendaries with. One good thing about d/p is breloom can now have an ability other than effect spore so you don't have to worry about that screwing you up and poisoning the pokemon you are trying to catch after getting it down to 1hp, which was always a problem in the advance gen.

Any one have any good places to level other than the E4? I tried using the vs seeker on the trainers in the Victory road cave but it doesn't work on them it seems.

Well, I'm at ~49 hours and have only gotten to the fourth badge. I really spent a lot of time wandering about, planting berries, coating honey on trees, and whatnot. I also spent some time breeding for a Jolly Male Croagunk with Dry Skin and Cross Chop. Worked out well, I'll try for triple 31's on IV's after E4. I'll keep my 63 Croagunks to check for 31's for that purpose. I wanted to train Machop to 37 (Cross Chop) via Breeding Center so I could get some Croagunks to maybe get some 31 IVs.

I really spent a LOT of time in Underground. It's surprisingly addicting. I have over 12 Blue Spheres over 40, over 10 Red Spheres over 40, 4 or 5 Green Spheres over 40, and an 86 Pale Sphere.

I've got a good base set up, but sadly, I wasn't able to do Wireless play for Capture the Flag to remove the rocks. I got a Snorlax (Cost me an 84 Red Sphere), Weavile, Chatot, all starters, Tamanta, Drifloon, Mime Jr., and Bonsly dolls from the top of my head that I can remember. I'm saving the Pale Sphere for the next Pikachu Doll I see up for sale by a Hiker. (I remember it being mid 80's) I also bought a Game System from a Hiker for a 48 Prism Sphere, which is why I currently have no Prisms. Weavile and a Test Machine also drained my Prisms. I was sad to see this when I saw a Hiker selling a PokeCenter Machine (The machine that heals Pokemon) for a 94 Prism Sphere. I've found 10 Arceus plates altogether.

But sadly, my mom grounded my two brothers from using the family DS until school is over, May 24th. This sucks, because now I can't play Pearl until then. I REALLY loathe my brothers. They fight over just about anything.

In the Victory Road leveling up for the Elite Four. So far my Pokes are:

Lvl. 50 Driftblim - Terror
Lvl. 48 Torterra - Yggdrashel
Lvl. 46 Tentacruel - Quarrel
Lvl. 49 Medicham - Segue
Lvl. 50 Abomasnow - Nickel
Lvl. 50 Drapion - Opo (currently switched out for Eat Soup, my Bibarel HM slave)

I'm leveling to 50 before I venture through the Road. I'm thinking I might need to level up a bit more before the Elite Four. I'm regretting picking Torterra as my starter; Infernape seems to be working so very well for my friends that picked him, and Torterra is not working so well for me.

I also spent some time breeding a Dry Skin Croagunk, but I'm not currently using him. Has anyone done some breeding with Croagunk and noticed that its harder to get the ability Dry Skin than Anticipation? I bred a box full of Croagunks and got almost the entire box filled with Anticipation Croagunks and only about 6 Dry Skin Croagunks. Is Dry Skin a rarer ability or am I just unlucky?

I'm headed for my fifth badge, and I'm outrageously underlevelled.

Staravia - 29
Monferno - 28
Graveler - 30
Jynx - 29
Budew - 29
Luxio - 29

This afternoon I've gotta trade graveler for golem, and budew better stinking evolve. She's going to eat up all my heart scales because I only have time to play at night, and she evolves in the daytime.

I've been playing for ~45 hours

Right now I'm working on my Pokedex.

I have something like:
Seen: 315 Own: 230

I beat the whole game with only Infernape. It was at lv. 77 after it beat the Elite 4 (now it's lv. 100).

I have all the DP legends except Cressila, Heatran, Arcues, Manaphy, and Phione.

Beat the Elite four Friday night, only used Azelf and Palkia to do it. Now I need three random pokes to get the national dex, (stupid combee, cherrim and drifloon).

Beat the Elite four Friday night, only used Azelf and Palkia to do it. Now I need three random pokes to get the national dex, (stupid combee, cherrim and drifloon).
You didn't see a Drifloon at the 4th gym? ;_;

I battled every trainer in every gym to make sure. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)