How I lost in the first Round (A Seattle VGC Warstory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badintent was there? I battled him a while back, it was singles 3 on 3 however and I won. Although hes a very good battler, you have nothing to feel bad about.
Yeah, to me he did the most random illogical set of moves first turn, and had I somehow predicted it (haha, it was too weird) then dare I say, I may have won with the team I was using.

I actually feel pretty great, I had some awesome people backing me up without me even knowing. xD

I have the money to go to Nats, but I dunno if that's what I want to spend it on just yet.

If you have the money, you should probably decide pretty quickly, since airfare goes up on a seemingly regular daily basis. I bought my air for a decent price, but I had it go up $30 on me in one day for the exact same flight. To be honest, Indianapolis is going to be an awesome qualifier because of everybody from this and another site going, so if you have the money, you should do it imo.

Anyways, sad to see you lost round 1 to BI. I heart from mattj that they even had to turn away a few people because there weren't enough spots? Sounds like there are a lot of people there, I should definitely get to SanFran early then.

@PBB My dad works for Air Canada. :) Cheap trips ahoy!

The funny thing was, there were enough spots. There were definitely not 786 people there. :/

I recommend about 2-3 hours early, maybe more at SF.

Ahhh, you cheater. You get crazy discounts on flights. :p

Hmm..I read in the other thread that there weren't enough spots. Well, either way next weekend I'll just get there when the juniors start registration just to make sure that I'm there. I really don't want to not play again this year.

You lucky Americans

I feel very jealous sitting in Australia, hearing about VGC tournaments, in the Battle Me forums requesting VGC Battles, I just wish I was there lol.
Oh well, you still played well man, since you were up against BI

Seriously if I had a crit loss, I would ragequit, throw my DS in my bag and say VGC is gay, and to get pumped up again next year, preparing :)

But I wish they would bring it to Aus.
Heck, they even have it in Spain

I feel very jealous sitting in Australia, hearing about VGC tournaments, in the Battle Me forums requesting VGC Battles
You would probably be better served visiting #smogonwifi on IRC, or certain double battles websites and their respective chat services if you seek doubles battles. Both sources are excellent for VGC practice.

Oh my, I have a feeling that'll be me in san fran... facing some ridiculous opponent my first match.. Unfortunate for you... I'm sure you would have gone further were you not up against him...

Hey! Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you. :( We got lost (Catherine probably told you already). All these one way streets really didn't help lol.

I hope you'll still qualify! Even though I qualified, I doubt I'll be going to Nationals, unless Catherine also has the time to go and we can get discount airfare from your dad or something lol. It costs too much.

Hey! Sorry I didn't get to meet up with you. :( We got lost (Catherine probably told you already). All these one way streets really didn't help lol.

I hope you'll still qualify! Even though I qualified, I doubt I'll be going to Nationals, unless Catherine also has the time to go and we can get discount airfare from your dad or something lol. It costs too much.
It's cool. xD

I was pretty confused when Caffy told me you guys were at the back of the line. I was all 6_9 but you got here firsttttt.

I'll be talking to my dad about going to Nats today. If I end up going with him, I believe you can travel with us on our passes, meaning lovely discounts for all. I'll get back to you on that for sure. :)

Good job Feathers. Too bad you battled BI first round. ): Sometimes VGC's surprise you or you just make bad prediction decisions/overpredict.

I hope you go to Nats, I will see you there if so and I'll say hi. Congrats getting to go there and meeting everyone, must've been amazing. (:

EDIT: And might I say that your Wailmer doll is fantastic (if it is a Wailmer, or Wailord, idk haha).

Oh man that's me in the red! My friend in the blue jacket and I looked around for you to see how you did but we couldn't find you or that Eli kid that hopped into the line in front of us.

Oh man that's me in the red! My friend in the blue jacket and I looked around for you to see how you did but we couldn't find you or that Eli kid that hopped into the line in front of us.
Really? I was hoping I'd be able to find you guys again! You dudes were so cool, you made my wait in line 110% better. :D

I'm a bit miffed about losing to BI, but I'm still cool with it. I had to leave right away to drive back to Canada. I take it you guys actually live in WA? I'm looking at flying out to Nationals for the LCQ. :D

Really? I was hoping I'd be able to find you guys again! You dudes were so cool, you made my wait in line 110% better. :D

I'm a bit miffed about losing to BI, but I'm still cool with it. I had to leave right away to drive back to Canada. I take it you guys actually live in WA? I'm looking at flying out to Nationals for the LCQ. :D
We live about ten hours away in Idaho but there was no way we were going to go back after one night so we stayed and left at 6am. But yeah the waiting was a lot more fun having people you could actually talk about the deeper things in pokemon with. Me and my blue jacket friend got paired in the first round but we had them move one of us. Too bad we met again in Round 2. We split up again but I got paired with someone from here and lost, and so did he.

We live about ten hours away in Idaho but there was no way we were going to go back after one night so we stayed and left at 6am. But yeah the waiting was a lot more fun having people you could actually talk about the deeper things in pokemon with. Me and my blue jacket friend got paired in the first round but we had them move one of us. Too bad we met again in Round 2. We split up again but I got paired with someone from here and lost, and so did he.
Sweetness! My drive was only two hours though. Do you think you guys will go to Seattle again next year if there isn't a closer stop? And do you plan on going to any other stops this year?

I agree with you about the talking. My friend Ben (the lilbeth dude, hehe) is one of only two people I know that really play. I'm encouraging my friends by running a local tournament, to which about 20 people will be coming.

At least you made it farther than me. We should have some WiFi battles sometime. =0

Sweetness! My drive was only two hours though. Do you think you guys will go to Seattle again next year if there isn't a closer stop? And do you plan on going to any other stops this year?

I agree with you about the talking. My friend Ben (the lilbeth dude, hehe) is one of only two people I know that really play. I'm encouraging my friends by running a local tournament, to which about 20 people will be coming.

At least you made it farther than me. We should have some WiFi battles sometime. =0
Unfortunatly the reason we went this year was because Rodrigo (blue jacket) is probably moving to Japan this summer so we wanted a last hurrah, but I will probably go if I can get money for a plane. There are like six other people that play in my town that I know of, but they don't EV train or anything like that so we would slaughter them. Plus they're weird beyond belief. But yeah Wifi battles sound pretty sweet.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Feathers, when would that tournament be? Maybe I can help drum up some interest for it. Team Rocket Elite and Chinese_Dood also came from Metro Vancouver and seem to have some friends into Pokemon. Hell, maybe we could show Nintendo there really is an audience for this in Canadian cities.

Unfortunatly the reason we went this year was because Rodrigo (blue jacket) is probably moving to Japan this summer so we wanted a last hurrah, but I will probably go if I can get money for a plane. There are like six other people that play in my town that I know of, but they don't EV train or anything like that so we would slaughter them. Plus they're weird beyond belief. But yeah Wifi battles sound pretty sweet.
Really? We'll he'll be able to play in the fifty million Japan Qualifiers. xD

Why's he moving to Japan? I have a friend who lives there right now, who sells things from the Pokemon Centers. :)
I'm actually going to Japan in September, Tokyo to be precise. Where exactly is he moving to? Tell him I said hi, unless he's lurking here too.....

The first week after I announced my tournament, most of my friends became hardcore players overnight. One of them is even IV breeding. Pokemon was all they would talk about for weeks, but then I told them my tournament wasn't until June, so they calmed down a bit. It sucks that you have nobody over there to really talk to... Chinese_Dude and Firestorm live near me, so I'm good in terms of Smogonites.

Feathers, when would that tournament be? Maybe I can help drum up some interest for it. Team Rocket Elite and Chinese_Dood also came from Metro Vancouver and seem to have some friends into Pokemon. Hell, maybe we could show Nintendo there really is an audience for this in Canadian cities.
June 30th. It was going to be a personal tournament hosted at my place, but if we could find somewhere bigger to maybe rent out, I'm sure we could scrounge up a projector and I can bring my extra Wii with PBR for coolness factor.

It turns out I met Chinese_dood through Catherine, who were friends before I met Catherine. It was one of those small world things. xD

I like the idea of holding a bigger tournament though. I'm throwing in money for some spiffy prizes I have access to through a Pokemon Collecting community I belong to. (Gen V merch anybody???)

Really? We'll he'll be able to play in the fifty million Japan Qualifiers. xD

Why's he moving to Japan? I have a friend who lives there right now, who sells things from the Pokemon Centers. :)
I'm actually going to Japan in September, Tokyo to be precise. Where exactly is he moving to? Tell him I said hi, unless he's lurking here too.....

The first week after I announced my tournament, most of my friends became hardcore players overnight. One of them is even IV breeding. Pokemon was all they would talk about for weeks, but then I told them my tournament wasn't until June, so they calmed down a bit. It sucks that you have nobody over there to really talk to... Chinese_Dude and Firestorm live near me, so I'm good in terms of Smogonites.
His parents are military and he's moving some place near Okinawa. But yeah he's lurking and will probably make an account tomorrow. The friends becoming hardcore thing kind of happened to us too, only instead of doing hardcore things some of our friends just borrowed some of our games and started playing. And I'm sure there are probably some Smogonites around here too, I just haven't been looking for them. The college in the city next to us has a Pokemon League Gym so that would probably be the best place to check.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe keep this one personal and we can see for afterwards. I used to help with Smash Bros. tournaments and they were usually held at SFU. Maybe Ill see how much the rooms cost. Still not home. I'm posting from my phone on the Greyhound.

Maybe keep this one personal and we can see for afterwards. I used to help with Smash Bros. tournaments and they were usually held at SFU. Maybe Ill see how much the rooms cost. Still not home. I'm posting from my phone on the Greyhound.
Sure, sounds good. We can set one up for late summer/early fall maybe? I know at least 6 people off the top of my head who would waste no time in coming.

When did you leave? I think I left around 3pm and got home at about 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)