how you've grown

you ever look back at yourself from a year ago and think 'man i was such a (BAN ME PLEASE) but im totally zen now'. and notice how you do that every year?

anyways, this is the thread where you post how you've developed over the years. it doesn't have to be from last year, it can be how you've developed from your childhood--it's up to you

as for myself, i'll probably edit the op/post later--can't be bothered right now

so, have at it

yep, happens to me every time when i go through my old posts.

i think it's the reason why i rarely post. i'm just deathly afraid of being judged by my future self.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i didnt think it was possible at the time but im even more awesome than i was a year ago

every time i look at relics of yesteryear and beyond, i realize that as i grow older i make fewer and fewer assumptions, and it makes me feel like i'm sort of going in the right direction

I prefer the way I was last year. I'm a lot more bitter and jaded now than at this point last year, when I was actually quite happy >.>

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I like how no one has had actually done what the thread requested yet

me in May 2010, right as I started to grow my hair out long

March 2009 at St. Patrick's Day

May 2008 in Toronto the same weekend I visited cloud

Okay, I've always been awesome

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I was a very nice guy in high school. Then I realized that a girl's desire to sleep with you is inversely correlated to how much of a fuck you give about her. This knowledge has proven very useful to me in my years at university.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I like how no one has had actually done what the thread requested yet

pics
DM you look infinitely more classier in your later pictures...

but you look a lot better with the beard. I'd go with the beard.

As for me, less time on internet, more time in real life.

hindsight is 20/20, our current selves always suck we just need time because we are too blind in the present to see it.

Turning 30 made me look back on alot of things, subsequently I have no regrets. I would say looking back I was very naive, hey! I thought Santa existed at one point!

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Often times, I let my guard down and believe that I am no longer the naive, irrational, clumsy person that I once was. Then I go ahead and do something stupid and I am suddenly disillusioned. Subsequently, I go through a period of high self awareness until I grow complacent again. This cycle is pretty much continuous.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
I realized back at the beginning of high school, I was kinda of an immature dick who spammed emoticons to best fit my emotions. After realizing that that made me seem immature, I gradually moved onto actually using words and whatnot in order to convey my feelings.

Additionally, my hormones were out of whack, so my romantic emotions were kinda all over the place, meaning that I liked a lot of girls. I've become less of a hopeless romantic, settling on liking one girl but realizing not everything in terms of love and romance will end up the way that you want it to. However, I realized that it's not the end of the world either and that you will move on eventually.

Also, things that may seem big at the time eventually just become forgotten. That's what's so good about time: it makes people forgive and forget.

Also I started trolling my friends more lol.

I realized God didnt exist, gay people aren't anything to be weird about, the world is a corrupt and horrible place.

I used to have that shitty long hair that I thought was so cool. Then I cut it off last year and I've never felt better about myself and how I look.

Also I grew a beard and now think I looked fucking retarded without it. Beards are pretty much the best.

In a non physical sense I've become a lot more open to people and less awkward. I don't think I'd ever actually talked to anyone on this forum until I came back after a long break last year.

In terms of real life, I was a bit of a naive and whiny bitch when I was a kid, getting really upset over a lot of things, partially due to how much I was picked on at a young age. I was also rather dependant on a lot of people.

Once I was around 14 I think, my personality changed rather rapidly, and I became more of a snarky person, often cracking jokes at other people's expense and being a general dick to people that bother me. I'm rather polite with most people though. I also decided not to rely on other people so much and be an independant person. My mother is really clingy to me though, and I don't really like her for that reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)