Hydreigon

Then bear in mind that Salamence never runs Adamant and you realise you've got a huge monster on your hands.

Of course, though, Salamence can boost their Outrage while Hydreigon cannot.

Then bear in mind that Salamence never runs Adamant and you realise you've got a huge monster on your hands.

Of course, though, Salamence can boost their Outrage while Hydreigon cannot.
idk, i've ran an adamant sally plenty of times. But whatever. You do know that Hydreigon gets access to work up right? lol just throw a life orb on it us a work up and make it mixed. XP

Why didn't GF give Hydriegon any stat-boosting moves (apart from Work Up) ? I mean yeah
why can't you give it Nasty Plot or maybe Dragon Dance ? And it's not possible for it not to learn DD at all, there's Haxorus, Gyarados who can all learn DD and can breed with it ?

I just bred a 31 iv specatk 30 ev hp quiet nature deino and am wondering is there any merits of a max hp and spec atk for this or should I keep going til I get a modest

Actually, I was thinking about having one like this just to mix things up a bit sometimes. Got a couple builds in mind. Probably gonna test it out on simulator before training in my game but any opinion is welcome.

Hydreigon @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature
- Work Up
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Work Up
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

I'm also wondering if Substitute/Earth Power/Dark Pulse would be a good idea? Thanks.

@Raijinken, if you are running work up you could make it a mixed set maybe?

Earth power gives you some coverage against steel and fire types, however with your access to surf you don't really need it.

I use Dark Pulse on my ScarfDreigon and it's a must have on that set. If you were running a Sub/Life Orb set it could come in handy there also.

Actually, I was thinking about having one like this just to mix things up a bit sometimes. Got a couple builds in mind. Probably gonna test it out on simulator before training in my game but any opinion is welcome.

Hydreigon @ Chesto Berry
Quiet Nature
- Work Up
- Rest
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Quiet Nature
- Work Up
- Fire Blast
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse

I'm also wondering if Substitute/Earth Power/Dark Pulse would be a good idea? Thanks.
Why is Hydreigon Quiet? It benefits more if it's Naive or Hasty, even though its Speed is a bit fail. IMO, Work Up is better if Hydreigon runs both physical and Special attacks.

Dark + Ground doesn't offer the best coverage ever. Dragon Pulse > Dark Pulse if you're using Substitute + Work Up.

i can to a extend. while hydre is not fully outclassed by any means(different typing and better defenses) the trollish speed means latios will be doing a overall better job with choice items, u-turn aside.

Hydrei doesn't get trick either. Anyway, do any sets take care of Reuniclus? I'm probably going to use the Wall-breaker as a general counter to a Defensive Pokemon (Modest with Draco Meteor/U-Turn/Fire Blast/Taunt), but I'd need Dark Pulse to really do anything, right?

Hydrei doesn't get trick either. Anyway, do any sets take care of Reuniclus? I'm probably going to use the Wall-breaker as a general counter to a Defensive Pokemon (Modest with Draco Meteor/U-Turn/Fire Blast/Taunt), but I'd need Dark Pulse to really do anything, right?
Bulky Psychics and Ghosts like Reuniclus and Jellicent are why I carry Dark Pulse. I don't use Hydreigon go engage Reuniclus directly, but it can fend it off if the need arises. Specs Dark Pulse OHKOs unboosted CM Reuniclus, and 2HKOs Reuniclus at +1 (75.5% - 89.2% to 252 HP/0 SDef). Life Orb and Expert Belt also 2HKOs at +1, but OHKO isn't guaranteed when Reuniclus is unboosted (97.6% - 115.1% and 90.6% - 106.8% respectively).

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Got a scrafty with "decenty all around" IVs...but 31 IVs in speed. Guess he'll be good for something.

Using the wallbreaker set now, I must say, I do enjoy it. I want to fit focus blast in there somewhere though.

Is it ok hydreigon?
Timid, scarf, 252 spe,spat 4 hp
-Draco Meteor
-U-turn
-Fire Blast
-Surf
that is a very standard set to run.
but moves, items, set overall to run depends on your team but yes...that's a good hydreigon...assuming youll have 31 ivs or good ivs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)