Hydreigon

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I've never liked Choiced Sazandora. It's not destructive enough, and it's in a weird spot in the speed tiers so giving it a scarf isn't really useful. (You get outsped from other scarf + can't outspeed DDmence) why would I use Scarf Sazandora over Garchomp? Yes it's immune to spikes, and yes it's a special sweeper but Scarf Draco Meteor is just weak, Sazandora doesn't outspeed any notable threats and it's semi easy to play around.

Lee's Life Orb set is a really good one.
My favorite moveset for Sazandorah:

Sazandorah(M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Surf

Sazandora has literally 2 switch in's; Blissey and Chansey. Everything else is just demolished. I've found that teams without Blissey / Chansey usually switch around to deal with Sazandora, so spike stacking is really useful. U-turn is pretty cool to get that momentum. Stall teams without Chansey / Blissey are utterly demolished.

The Specs set is even stronger, but lacks the flexibility of the LO.

I forget what kind i normally face but I would think they tend to be scarfed despite the benchmark speed which would overwise make this dragon overused than it already is, most pokemon like Garchomp, Latios, Flygon and Mence are often still superior (assuming all are scarfed) because of their higher speed. Plus Sazandora is the first dragon to be aware of flying mach punches.

I've never liked Choiced Sazandora. It's not destructive enough, and it's in a weird spot in the speed tiers so giving it a scarf isn't really useful. (You get outsped from other scarf + can't outspeed DDmence) why would I use Scarf Sazandora over Garchomp? Yes it's immune to spikes, and yes it's a special sweeper but Scarf Draco Meteor is just weak, Sazandora doesn't outspeed any notable threats and it's semi easy to play around.

Sazandorah (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Surf

Sazandora has literally 2 switch in's; Blissey and Chansey. Everything else is just demolished. I've found that teams without Blissey / Chansey usually switch around to deal with Sazandora, so spike stacking is really useful. U-turn is pretty cool to get that momentum. Stall teams without Chansey / Blissey are utterly demolished.

I think you mean Timid nature, because Modest doesn't up Speed.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I think you mean Timid nature, because Modest doesn't up Speed.
No I mean Modest. Like Lee pointed out earlier, Sazandora doesn't really outspeed anything notable in his speed group. The only other pokemon in the base 90-98 area are: Gliscor (doesn't even touch you and switches out promptly) Lucario, (who typically Extreme Speeds / Vacuum Waves you anyway) and Ononokusu (doesn't want to be anywhere near you) With Modest, he just hits really hard... Not even Blissey likes taking repeated hits.

No I mean Modest. Like Lee pointed out earlier, Sazandora doesn't really outspeed anything notable in his speed group. The only other pokemon in the base 90-98 area are: Gliscor (doesn't even touch you and switches out promptly) Lucario, (who typically Extreme Speeds / Vacuum Waves you anyway) and Ononokusu (doesn't want to be anywhere near you) With Modest, he just hits really hard... Not even Blissey likes taking repeated hits.

Fair enough, but you can see why I was confused by your post as it said "Modest, +Spd -Atk".

+speed outspeeds jolly doryuzu outside sand, which is important if you run a team with your own weather changer.

A cool thing about Sazando is that it doesn't automatically keel over to a SE priority. I had this badass hydra live though a breloom's mach punch with 20%

Sazandorah (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Surf

Scarf lets you outspeed Pokemon that would usually be faster but don't have a Scarf / speed boosting move... there are a lot of them. It also lets you revenge kill Dragonite (assuming Multi-Scale isn't active), who is far more common than Salamence anyway. Scarf Draco Meteor hits harder than Garchomp's Outrage, so I'm not sure how you can call that "just weak" when most of the metagame has lower special defense than defense, lul.

I do like that set, though, and I run Modest no matter what item I'm using (Life Orb, Scarf, or Specs).

+speed outspeeds jolly doryuzu outside sand, which is important if you run a team with your own weather changer.

A cool thing about Sazando is that it doesn't automatically keel over to a SE priority. I had this badass hydra live though a breloom's mach punch with 20%

Any defense investment at all? Or just 4 HP?

Okay so is it just me or does the search function suck?

Anyways, I've been using Specs Sazandora lately and it has been phenomenal; I have no idea why it is only the 5th used set (behind 4 different scarf sets) on PO when Scarf and Band sets are done better by other dragons. Seriously:

Sazandora@Choice Specs
Modest; 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Surf
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse

This set has all you need. There is no point in running Timid max speed. Ononokusu and Roserade are rare enough, and since I run it with both Gliscor and Kerudio neither version of Luke is an issue (though I do outrun neutral lucario). Surf is reliable with power and accuracy, so I went with Fire Blast for the power against steels. Draco Meteor is obscene (why people are nominating Latios but overlooking Sazzy is beyond me, this thing has the same power combined with bulk and excellent resists), and the last move gives you consistent STAB is you dont' feel like lowering your special attack. Both are viable, but I run Dark Pulse to help me deal with Psychics and Ghosts, and it helps destroy NatGell.

Poison heal? That's hardly an accomplishment. If he survives techniloom's mach punch, that's a whole different story. And then only if both of them are absolutely offensive.

Scarf lets you outspeed Pokemon that would usually be faster but don't have a Scarf / speed boosting move... there are a lot of them. It also lets you revenge kill Dragonite (assuming Multi-Scale isn't active), who is far more common than Salamence anyway. Scarf Draco Meteor hits harder than Garchomp's Outrage, so I'm not sure how you can call that "just weak" when most of the metagame has lower special defense than defense, lul.

I do like that set, though, and I run Modest no matter what item I'm using (Life Orb, Scarf, or Specs).
The bolded section is just amazing.
What a difference a new ability makes.

Anyway, I'm liking LO Sazandora set too.
I think that plays to its strengths of having great coverage combined with high SpA and decent speed.
If you're slower than it, its ability to switch moves is really threatening.

i 've been using sazandora for a while and what i can say is that the 98 base speed really hinders its potential...

I've said this before, but speed isn't really a problem. So many things want nothing to do with sazandora that it causes switches like a boss ( also people expect scarf so you can easily bluff the first time he's out). Sazan forces the switch and you hit what comes in.

I have been testing this thing for a really long time and i have also found the life orb set to be the most effective. The versatility the orb gives you is worth the slight power drop, and the hp loss is mitigated by dragon's type synergy with water and wish users like Vaporeon. I haven't been too impressed with surf though. I found thunder wave to be more effective.

i 've been using sazandora for a while and what i can say is that the 98 base speed really hinders its potential...
Then you probably think shaymin's 100 base speed is hindering itself as well. I beleive i've said this before in this thread, but the only thing sazandora cannot outspeed by not having 100 base speed is genesect, with 99 base speed. if he had 100 base speed, he could have a speed tie with other base 100's with max speed, which is unreliable with a 50% chance of going first. I agree with green mage with the fact that life orb is most effective, and I can also say that people who are dumb enough to switch in roob before sazandora's draco meteor, while he still has 56%-ish health or more, allows roob to get punished by draco meteor. Mach punch 2hko's before a bulk up, I beleive.

Yanmega utterly destroys Sazandora if it's running Timid. But it's pretty rare. Thought I'd throw that out there.

Oh, and the Specs set rules. I've found it's just not possible to stay in and attack over a multitude of turns - you need to hit and run to keep it alive.

There's still no question that 50% chance of winning is far superior than 0% chance of winning -_-

Also I'd personally avoid Scarf on the basis of "i don't want to have to predict the (BAN ME PLEASE) that is nattorei"

Okay so is it just me or does the search function suck?
Oh lord, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS. x______X

Anyways, I've been using Specs Sazandora lately and it has been phenomenal; I have no idea why it is only the 5th used set (behind 4 different scarf sets) on PO when Scarf and Band sets are done better by other dragons. Seriously:

Sazandora@Choice Specs
Modest; 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Surf
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse

This set has all you need. There is no point in running Timid max speed. Ononokusu and Roserade are rare enough, and since I run it with both Gliscor and Kerudio neither version of Luke is an issue (though I do outrun neutral lucario). Surf is reliable with power and accuracy, so I went with Fire Blast for the power against steels. Draco Meteor is obscene (why people are nominating Latios but overlooking Sazzy is beyond me, this thing has the same power combined with bulk and excellent resists), and the last move gives you consistent STAB is you dont' feel like lowering your special attack. Both are viable, but I run Dark Pulse to help me deal with Psychics and Ghosts, and it helps destroy NatGell.
No U-Turn? :0 I'd think you'd want the move on any Choice set to maintain momentum, regardless of being physical VS special.

How's Taunt on this guy? I figured he'd be pretty good with it at first, but now I'm thinking he might be a bit slow for it. :0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)