1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

In-Game Articles for the 5th Gen

Discussion in 'Archives' started by macle, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Fireburn

Fireburn BARN ALL
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Colonel_M said I could help him with the In-Game tier list.
  2. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ok firebarn
  3. Bwyard

Bwyard

Could i have the Battle Subway Article?
  4. cantab

cantab

What would people think of an IV checking guide? I reckon it would complement the breeding article well.

I think I'd cover all the methods to get indications of IVs: Characteristic, IV checker man, stats Battle Subway battles, and use of IV calculators. (Any others I've missed?) I'd try and orient it so the quicker stuff, that can at least determine if an IV isn't a certain value, is covered first; essentially based on the idea that a player knows the IVs they want and wants to check if their Pokemon meet it. Finally I'd probably include how to get Rare Candies, since they're useful for IV calculators.
  5. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

It seems like a good idea. Go for it
  6. Tolan

Tolan Wi-Fi Blacklisted

Can I make an RNG Guide for Standard RNG? I already started and it's about 1/2
    done-ish.
    Thanks!
  7. EEVEE3

EEVEE3

Can I take the guide for the Abyssal Ruins?
  8. Cherub Agent

Cherub Agent Yeah, well. The Dude abides
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I wanted to write a strategy pokedex for ingame use. aragonbird posted one on gamefaqs for hg/ss, and he did a really good job of it. Basically, I'd be writing a moveset guide for every fully evolved Unima pokemon, giving them points for various aspects (obtainability, power, moves). Any help would obviously be appreciated as well.
  9. LegendaryElitist

LegendaryElitist

I wouldn't mind writing the Dream World Guide if Fire Blast doesn't mind.
  10. Nexus

Nexus Day 358: Believe
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Wi-Fi Commissioner

Sorry, King_N and dragonboy52 reserved it via macle before your post http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3451075 feel free to offer suggestions in there thread if you want to.
  11. Cradily

Cradily

So are we doing a battle subway article?
  12. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

That article is up for reservation.
  13. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

No and this is the thread for in-game articles.
  14. SOMALIA

SOMALIA Lonely Wanderer
    is a Contributor Alumnus

May I do a guide on 'strategies to beat gym leaders and e4'?
  15. Cradily

Cradily

16. Nexus

Wi-Fi Commissioner

EDIT: we've decided to reject this, as this doesn't relate really with competitive Pokemon.

Go ahead.
  17. macle

macle ribbit

ok i've updated the thread with ideas for new articles for BW2. Writers wanted!
  18. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

Just a head's up: SuperJOCKE is working on a BW2 In-Game Tiers List in OI. When the details are all hammered out, he'll move it over to C&C.
  19. Magicxgame

Magicxgame

Since the BW2 In-Game tier list is already taken, can I work on the Legendary Capture Guide?

Also, would a "farming" FAQ be helpful? It could describe ways to rake in shards, BP, and competitive items for those that play legitimately. For instance, I've found hotspots that consistently spit out 18-20 shards in the Find Shards! Lv2 Funfest Mission (while playing alone), while I've cobbled up together a triples team that can rake in 15-18 BP in the PWT Champions Tournament consistently.
  20. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I have a question regarding the article "Event Pokemon of 5th Gen". Is it inclusive of all region Events (i.e. Japan events, etc.)? Is it only supposed to mention where to get the event from or can it also include competitive value of the event?

In spite of this, this article sounds appealing to write up, especially for my upcoming Winter break.
  21. macle

macle ribbit

You can work on the capture guide.

A farming FAQ would be helpful. I really don't know much about farming since i haven't beaten bw 2 yet but it sounds like a good idea for an article or a letter.

It should be all regions. Here is the one Jimbo did awhile go - http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/event_pokemon , I really like it and would like the new article to be similar.
  22. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Hmm, I see. Well, I talked with Nexus over that article and he said he'd most liky disapprove due to the ever changing nature of how Events show. So I'll probably pass for now.

I would like to propose an article. Perhaps a move tutor guide?
  23. macle

macle ribbit

talk to me on irc about it.
  24. Rainbowxn

Rainbowxn

I can write a complete breeding guide that will help anyone breed outstanding pokemon.
  25. atsync

atsync Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

Guess I should post here.

I asked Jellicent about doing a Dream Radar guide via PM and he said he approves. For now I think it'll be an article rather than a letter. I'll try get it done ASAP.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)