In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Excavalier do in-game? He's one of my favorite Pokemon this gen, and I'd love to have him on my team. Serebii says Karrablast appears on Route 6; how far into the game is that? Is Bug/Steel a decent type for the in-game trainers? I'll probably use him regardless, but for the sake of discussion I thought I'd ask xP

breh

強いだね
How does Excavalier do in-game? He's one of my favorite Pokemon this gen, and I'd love to have him on my team. Serebii says Karrablast appears on Route 6; how far into the game is that? Is Bug/Steel a decent type for the in-game trainers? I'll probably use him regardless, but for the sake of discussion I thought I'd ask xP
You have to trade it with shelmet to evolve it; keep that in mind.

Otherwise, no; it gets a really crappy level up movepool that's really only ok after X-scissor... at level 44 :/

Escavalier is a situational Pokemon, it either kills or gets killed. There's some Pokemon it beats outright (it just about solo's Caitlin's team, for example,) and some others that it has no chance against whatsoever. If you want to use it, I'd give it a go, it's certainly not as bad as some of the other options out there.

Mold Breaker makes Haxorus a great check for Tynamo-family Pokemon, and they're quite the pain in the ass otherwise ingame. Especially against the end boss.

Mold Breaker wins so hard it's not funny.

Mold Breaker makes Haxorus a great check for Tynamo-family Pokemon, and they're quite the pain in the ass otherwise ingame. Especially against the end boss.

Mold Breaker wins so hard it's not funny.
Dragon Claw > Dig, imo. you know, you don't have access to Earthquake before the final boss.

But against the final boss you should set up against Cofagrigus and that has mummy, which will negate Mold breaker. That is the best way to use Haxorus against Ghetsis imo. Anyway, you should run DD/Dragon Claw/Dig or Level Ground/Rock Slide.

olol Cofragrigus. I had a female Onononononononononokusu with Rivalry, so I simply setup in coffinman's face to +3, Dragon Claw to remove Rivalry, sweep.

Or not. Some bastard known as Afrobull managed to survive a +3 Dragon Claw(fuck you Quirky, FUCK YOU!) and Afro Broken my Ononononononononononononononokusu to hell... and was left with 1 HP.

GEECHISU USED FULL RESTORE!
FML

olol Cofragrigus. I had a female Onononononononononokusu with Rivalry, so I simply setup in coffinman's face to +3, Dragon Claw to remove Rivalry, sweep.

Or not. Some bastard known as Afrobull managed to survive a +3 Dragon Claw(fuck you Quirky, FUCK YOU!) and Afro Broken my Ononononononononononononononokusu to hell... and was left with 1 HP.

FML
>Cofagrigus
>Set up to +6/+6 with Growth
>OHKO everything with Giga Drain/Leaf Blade/Return
>Suddenly Afrobull
>Forget about Herbivore
>Leaf Blade
I hate this game

Yup. Serperior ftw.

edit: speaking of, has anyone used Afrobull ingame? Sure, comes late as fuck, but Im curious about how well does it fare.

Dragon Claw > Dig, imo. you know, you don't have access to Earthquake before the final boss.
I found that Dig would put it in Full Restore territory, so I swapped it for Level Ground. One shot yellowed it, 2nd took it out, and I prefer the -Spd anyway.

FML
That's it, this thread is officially win.

Out of curiosity, what's the general opinion on the Klinklang and Gothitelle lines?

I dun pray dis gaem cuz ur dp shoes nigga humpy kfc.

(also lol citizen you got the 666th post of the topic ._.")
That's not what my DP is supposed to show, it has an inner beauty and metaphorical meaning that you have to closely examine to realise.
I don't think you're looking at it from the right perspective.

edit: hurhurhur

Out of curiosity, what's the general opinion on the Klinklang and Gothitelle lines?
I've used Gothitelle in the past. I really loved using her since she used to hit like a truck, but started lacking by the eigth gym. She was really slow, too (Quiet nature), but eh, sure I'd use her again. :3
T

Gothitelle, I cant say much about. It's EASILY inferior to Renkulus, and I managed to set up against Catilin's with an Oobumu... of equal level. And it had Calm Mind and Shadow Ball, just like me.

In short: Gothitelle seems to be poor.

Now Klinkang, I do not agree with him being ranked as low as he is, and I've made this point MANY times.

Sure, you get him late, after Gym 5, but look at the opposition after that point.
Flying Gym. Body Purge and Charge Beam.
Ice Gym: Body Purge and Gear Grinder
Dragon Gym: You Resist Dragon, and Iris/Shaga's Fraxure and Haxourus are not what you'd call... bulky.

Catilin: You resist Psychic
Shikimi: You resist Ghost
Grimsly: You Resist Dark
Renbu: Stay away from him :/

Sure, you have to be wary of the E4's secondary types, Shannderra, Krookodile, Golem-thing, and Scrfty will beat Klinklang.

Then, post-game, you get Gear Change.

Seriously, destroy things with a set like this:

Gear Change
Gear Grind
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon

Electric/Steel actually has good coverage. Klinklang can set up on either side, and is BULKY.

If only he was Steel/Electric... and got STAB on Charge Beam. The only downside to that type would be gaining a Quad weak to EQ... but he already died to that anyway.

I disagree with Gothitelle being inferior to Reuniclus. She may not have massive HP but takes special hits almost as well and isnt outran by a level 3 patrat.

why? XD

Also, Reuniclus IS better in my opinion. It is stronger, with moderate bulk, and uses trick room to decimate E4 2nd time(not that it doesn't already do great against caitlyn and renbu 1st time)

because Lillipup just horribly destroys earlygame
its not even funny
just before evolving into Herdier it gets TAKE DOWN. That's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)