In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I come across many EV increasing items? i.e. protein?

EDIT: also grass knot and brick break tms? how far in? Pansear needs coverage lol
There's hardly any proteins but there's unlimited feathers/wings. The only raise 1 ev per use, though.
You get the grass knot tmb in the forest right after the second gym. Brick break comes before the ice (seventh) gym.

so, i've finally decided on a team i'd like to use:

are there any glaring problems that i ought to address? i know almost nothing about the game itself, so i'm completely unaware of any tough battles i should be preparing for. these are just six pokémon that i particularly like.

also, has anyone had prior experience using golurk? i'm still a little concerned by the fact that golett only first appears in a fairly late stage of the game.

Gotta say I like how Zorua preforms so far. The AI does seem intent on attacking with whatever Zorua's illusion happens to be weak for, which can be capitalized on nicely. However he packs a reasonable punch too - he did managed to defeat Burgh's Rolling Bug thing which name I always forget and evolves from Venipede, and now I'm around the Electric gym and he's really carrying his weight.
Helped catch a Sigyliph too.

Oh man, 2 hours and 15 swirling sands in wellspring cave and no Drilbur, only jewels. Does this thing really exist? I'm getting paranoid.

Alright, I wanna attempt a Simipour-solo run.

Is there anything in the game i should be wary about/prepare for?

Also, when is it released in NA?

breh

強いだね
>mfw I obtained my first Drillbur like 13 seconds after entering the wellspring cave
Yeah I must agree that you're terribly unlucky; they're not that rare.

Do you have a repel up? That may be the reason why you're not encountering any at all lol

(not sure if dust clouds work that way though; never bothered to check in my old game)

so, i've finally decided on a team i'd like to use:

are there any glaring problems that i ought to address?
There don't seem to be any glaring flaws in this team. Just remember, choose the water starter if you want the fire monkey.
Golurk/lett doesn't appear too terribly late. In addition, it even comes at a level that's not too far from evolution, which is nice.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You obtain it from a Hiker (or an OL, not sure) before the Skyarrow Bridge. It's in one of those Gates or whatever they're called.
Thanks, might have overlooked it. Man, if only I had known about it...

More to the point you kept an Emolga to the end game?
I thought those sucked forever
I thought so too, but it was so... cute? I had to use it. And surprisingly, it helped the team a lot, both offensively and defensively. It reminded me of my Noctowl in HGSS somewhat, taking a shitload of hits for the team and weaking/sleeping random pokémon. It even stalled Hydreigon for a while, but then I ran out of recovery items and Fire Blast was a critical hit and I didn't paralyze it with Discharge not even ONCE, bullshit.

There don't seem to be any glaring flaws in this team. Just remember, choose the water starter if you want the fire monkey.
There's a 10% chance of finding it in those shaking grass spots by Pinwheel Forest (just after 2nd gym city).

breh

強いだね
There's a 10% chance of finding it in those shaking grass spots by Pinwheel Forest (just after 2nd gym city).
But do you really want to get a low-level monkey after the second (iirc; could be wrong) gym instead of a low-level monkey before the first? Shaking spots are not that fun to look for IMO.

But do you really want to get a low-level monkey after the second (iirc; could be wrong) gym instead of a low-level monkey before the first? Shaking spots are not that fun to look for IMO.
The Pinwheel Monkeys are level 15

That doesn't seem that low leveled at all?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are you going to keep them unevloved? That's a bit of a difficulty, if so...

(If not TBH it'd be hard to consider gothloli too cute but whatever)
Maybe the loli, but no, the others are definitely going to get evolved. The evolved forms are all cute anyway (except for Serperior, who makes up for it by being a total badass, and Swanna, because I like having access to Fly and all of the flying types this gen suck aesthetically).

I decided to challenge myself on this game. Going for nuzlocke, and I gotta say, nothing has helped me more than Musharna. Almost my entire team died, but not her.

I decided to challenge myself on this game. Going for nuzlocke, and I gotta say, nothing has helped me more than Musharna. Almost my entire team died, but not her.
Nuzlockes are the probably the only challenge I havent done yet. >_> Is your starter still alive?

How aware of natures are you when you are playing through? If it's really bad (i.e. minus attack on a physical attacker) i'll look again. I can get quite anal about it tho...

Atm resetting the Lostlorn forest Zoroark for a decent nature lol

Edit: It's surprisingly easy to catch, was expecting it to be legendary difficult

How aware of natures are you when you are playing through? If it's really bad (i.e. minus attack on a physical attacker) i'll look again. I can get quite anal about it tho...

Atm resetting the Lostlorn forest Zoroark for a decent nature lol

Edit: It's surprisingly easy to catch, was expecting it to be legendary difficult
Lolme2. I caught like 7 Lillipups for an Adamant one. :P

(also yay Modest Oshawott on the first try :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)