International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
can some one explain me how does point system works? its my first tournament and i want to know D: , i have saw that when cowards dc i loss 20 points D: and i think its unfair its not my fault TT^TT am still stuck under the 1600 because of those people u.u

can some one explain me how does point system works? its my first tournament and i want to know D: , i have saw that when cowards dc i loss 20 points D: and i think its unfair its not my fault TT^TT am still stuck under the 1600 because of those people u.u
Maybe you lose those points after a loss? I mean, your points are calculated every 2 matches if you search for a battle when you have just finisehd one. So maybe you lose, and then in the next battle someone D/C's on you and when you look for another battle, they have taken your points for the previous loss.

I did a few more games after my last stint a few days ago. I lost the first one against someone called Euan, which didn't settle me down - but won the others I did.

I'll probably leave it now. I know I could get a higher score, I've done extremely well in this tournament, but I've done better than the other tournaments and I'm happy with the decent rank I have. I've been using a modified team from my last one, and it is just awesome. I have had a blissfully disconnect-free tournament, much the opposite of what has been reported in here.

48 wins / 4 losses / 3 disconnects, ranking somewhere around 1830-1840

EDIT: 1838, just checked. I've put myself in the spreadsheet too.

Illegal pokes cant enter, but legals can. So obviously it was a fair macht no shit or stuff, but hell, how can he win with a Staraptor, Ambipom, Nidoking and other 3 random guys.
ambipom its a good pokemon, here in my home town we have a community of trainers and i have seen pretty strong ambipom, and staraptor too, nidoking i think maybe had a good strategy, and about the ilegal pokes i don't think he legally catch a shiny cressselia, and shiny latios oh and shiny zapdos, seems fishy to me :S

I'm sure today's the last day, quite a shame I only played the first two days.

Ugh, I'm not even going to finish with a 1600 Rating, seeing as I dropped to 1594 on Day 2 and didn't look back. Oh well, there's always next time and Random Matchup anyways...

Edit: This is an English forum guys, keep the Spanish discussions through VMs.

Smogon rules thread definitely says "This is an English forum. Post in English. [There is no reason not to post in English unless your thread is about another language.]" This thread is not and the rules thread aren't suggestions. Last warning.

EDIT: Didnt' like how I made this originally but you guys have to work with us here, most of the people reading this can't read Spanish, which is offputting, and we can't read it well enough to moderate, either(and it sounds like we're near a point where that might have needed to happen anyway). Just works a lot better if discussions that end up being private because of the language used are actually in private places.

PS: bellanko I'm not telling you D/C every time you lose, I'm just telling that maybe you D/C sometimes. You have been caught, admit it. Don't get mad at me, It's just I don't like the people who has D/C'ed and has been caught but doens't admit it, especially if they are Spanish, I'd like the rest of the world to have a clean image of our comunity, that's all.
I just wanted to emphasize the logic in this post to point out why there's a few of us who tend to troll DCers pretty hard in this thread. Looks really bad for any community to have a bunch of high rated players DCing, and in Smogon's case that's especially true when people are drawing attention to it by bragging about their ratings constantly and complaining about other DCers. I'm not sure about the Spanish guys but Smogon as a whole has enough image problems already so the DCing problems during these events really, really don't help.

Just faced Uwe from the Netherlands (again possibly? I think I played him last time) and I DCed on him.

He had used Encore with Whimsicott previously, so I didn't expect him to use Beat Up... That put me on the back foot, but this guy isn't even that good I swear. He had a 1901 rating, which I'm sure he has obtained by disconnecting when he is going to lose, when his illegal strategy fails. I still only lost by about 25% health when it came down to his Machamp and my Volcarona, I stalled out Tailwind but Heat Wave did not KO and he had Rock Slide. If he didn't have Beat Up & Encore, however, I would have won the game easily as he couldn't have OHKOed my Metagross with Earthquake.

So yeah, there's a disconnection on my part, but within good reason. I'm sure he'd have disconnected on me if I managed to win, anyway.

Current standings: 17-3-4
Yeah just battled him, 1950 approx his score, ambipom w/beat up aswell, great battle won 3-0 but then he d/c's on me :/ most people ive battled with 1700+ d/c to 'save' their ratings, it's bullshit! I've never d/c'd ever as there is no honour in it and it doesn't give a true reflection on your ability as a pokemon master. I've had to work 4/5 days over this so started really late in the game 31 wins 3 losses (which I took like a man) and 9 d/c's now. 6 of them from the 8 battles I played today after finishing work so still on 1795 so sad...........

Yeah just battled him, 1950 approx his score, ambipom w/beat up aswell, great battle won 3-0 but then he d/c's on me :/ most people ive battled with 1700+ d/c to 'save' their ratings, it's bullshit! I've never d/c'd ever as there is no honour in it and it doesn't give a true reflection on your ability as a pokemon master. I've had to work 4/5 days over this so started really late in the game 31 wins 3 losses (which I took like a man) and 9 d/c's now. 6 of them from the 8 battles I played today after finishing work so still on 1795 so sad...........
Like me dude. I dont know why i have 1920 points. I try to send mails at TPCi for avoid this situations. Koryo you're a very very strong player, one of the most strongers this year. You have top8 in the VGC, but you lose for hax. Weell y hope to will soluitonate this problem for the next tournament. See you and i hope that the next year both will win the VGC's in europe ^^

Read up a bit. I battled this guy, I'm sure he would have DCed too. He is also using a Whimsicott with Beat Up & Encore which is not legit. You should have not given him the win against you if you lost.
I thought that when I saw this guy's team but I have policy of not D/C'ing at all, even considered I probably have one of the highest rates of D/C's against, You can check it here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apa3-zEudEVldC1tdnBvbGRSQmx0ZlJNY2dsdFVROGc

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah dude.

I managed to play a few games when it first started, but my only real play as come today. Managed to get to a peak of about 1720, the vast majority of it today. Think my overall record is 22-4-4 at the moment.

ok i couldnt resist the temptation for my missing 3 points and had luck, a very fair 1720 trainer joe gave me 4 points fot the milestone end of 2001. ok thats it iam done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)