International WiFi Tournament -International Challenge- WON BY Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to Cybertron for a first place finish.

The top 10 consisted of:
1 US
2 UK
1 China
6 Japanese

I managed to be 7th Place, so it's technically 5 Japanese and 1 Canadian (unless there was someone else who was using a Japanese Cart and not from Japan)

With 50k slots max, there were only a bit over 9000 players were in the rankings, which was less than the number of people in the Autumn Friendly rankings. I wonder what the reasoning for the lower number of players ranked in, despite what should have been a larger total pool of players?

Bah I ended with 1534 through only 8 complete matches, and a good number of DC's. No particularly interesting games, hueg gratz to all who placed well! Id I am ever lucky enough to have school break while on eof these is going on, I will put real effort into it. NO FOO'IN, SHEISSA WOULD GO DOWN naw maybe IT BETTER

I ended up with 1710 at the end, i don't think I got placed from too many DC'ers (I'm not sure if I hold the smogon record, but i was DC'd on 98 times) or something. Anyway I also had no break and I couldn't get half my team I wanted in time, so I had to wing it.

Being my first ever competitive doubles/vgc style experience, I think I did pretty well and that I'm not completely clueless about vgc style battling like I thought I was.

Wow, can't believe I got 2nd :) thanks for all the comments guys!

Massive congrats to Cybertron for taking the title and to everyone else that placed well, Smogon domination!!!

I enjoyed this tournament I just wish there was some other way to crack down a lot more on the D/Cer's but I'm sure its something TPCi are working on for future events.

Hopefully we will have another tournament organised for after worlds is over!

Got 241 with a rating of 1756. Goal was top 300, so I made that. Tournament was really fun. Congrats Cybertron for getting first!

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh my god!

I´m no. 16 with 1884 points!

Wow, didn´t expect this, at all. I thought I´d be top 100, maybe 80, but this is a pleasant surprise :)

Congrats Cybertron, I actually called that in the post your tournament rankings topic

Peterko said:
From the 29 people we have actual DC rate data of, the average DC rate seems to be 24,3%. Top 9 players have an average DC rate of 26,8%.

I´m not sure about the exact rules, but I read someone mention DQ if you´re above the average DC %, can somebody confirm this?

If that applied, I´d say the final rankings Smogon Top 3 would be:
1. Cybertron
2. Dozz
3. R Inanimate
From the data we had:

1. Matty85 2053 143-7 75/225 = 33,3%
2. iss 2000 120-9 90/219 = 41,1%
3. Cybertron 1993 83-7 18/108 = 16,7%
4. Dozz 1945 126-12 29/167 = 17,4%
5. Havak 1929 74-6 40/120 = 33,3%
6. NidoRich 1913 94-12 44/150 = 29,3%
7. R Inanimate 1907 157-25 44/226 = 19,5%
8. Pungent Fruit 1899 170-25 45/240 = 18,8%
9. Peterko 1884 118-21 22/161 = 13,7%

Matty, iss, Havak and NidoRich are not in the official rankings which means the average DC ratio in the tournament was under 20%, more exactly at least under 19,3% (NidoRich - 10).

Congrats to everyone from Smogon, good job.

Having had a rating of just over 1800, I think I wasn't ranked due to my high D/C rate...

Anyway, Huge Congratulations to Cybertron and Osirus and also to people from smogon who actually ranked, did better than me...

Congratulations to Cybertron, Osirus, and Dozz!

Ranked in at 219 (Top Swede, hardly an accomplishment)! I'm very pleased that my first VGC team performed as good as it did.
I've fallen in love with VGC battles!¨

Good job everyone! :)

Well done Cybertron, Osirus and Dozz!!

GBR 2nd and 4th place, nice!

EDIT: Also, I hope this will begin a change in the WiFi Tournament rulings on DCs, I hope that BW2 introduce a feature that will be able to point out when the opponent has DCed rather then the match just being voided altogether.

I got 1700 points, had 32 wins but only 18 counted. Darn Rage Quitters. But I haven't received a ranking yet? Help me please, I really want to see where I placed :3

Having had a rating of just over 1800, I think I wasn't ranked due to my high D/C rate...

Anyway, Huge Congratulations to Cybertron and Osirus and also to people from smogon who actually ranked, did better than me...
So you don't get ranked if you have lots of DCs? :(

There was a tie on ranking no 98,99,100,101.
I was the unfortunate #101. L:(

Ratings 1808 with 108 recorded battles.

Congrats to Cybertron, Osi and Dozz for how you did in the rankings.

I will admit though that I am 'annoyed' about being DQ'd because of my opponents D/Cing, I hope that they find a way to sort this out because by the looks of it I would have made top10....if not then top20 for sure. At least the good thing is that the community knows how I actually did in the tournament.

Again Good Game Good Game

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it, but if Peterko is correct I only missed out by roughly 3-5% which is a bit annoying.

Ah well, I had fun battling despite the disconnections, looking forward to another in the future.

There was a tie on ranking no 98,99,100,101.
I was the unfortunate #101. L:(
Sorry to hear that...I don't think they were unlocking trophy avatars for the top 100 like AF11, but I guess you wanted the pride of top 100. I came 602nd, would kind of like to be able to say "top 600" too =]

So you don't get ranked if you have lots of DCs? :(
Unfortunately...the rule was that you'd be DQed if the percentage of your battles which ended in DCs (including those by your opponent) was 10 percentage points higher than the average across all players. So anyone with a DC rate over about 25% isn't listed.

I'm glad to see that the top 10 is far from solely consisting of Japanese players, and I'm especially glad to see TWO BRITS! GRATZ OSIRUS AND DOZZ =] Team GB actually doing well on the international stage :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)