Issue #16 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back on a regular schedule, now you don't have to wait a billion months to get your fix of The Smog! Yes, that's right, we're back with some more lovely stuff for you to gobble down, and my, what a list of articles we have! We have... Man, I don't even have the patience to sit down and count, but it's a lot of articles and they're all good times. Fortunately for us many of our contributors this time around were having fun on summer break, and while they're now going back to school, hopefully they'll be active enough for future issues! I want to take this moment to thank the lovely staff I get to work with, and to make known a few new members of The Smog's staff for this issue that have shined brilliantly to make my life easier. Setsuna and Fatecrashers were recently added to The Smog's staff as HTML and Grammar leaders, respectively, and have kicked many asses to make this issue possible. Remember to thank them and all of the rest of the staff for their work! Lastly, I want to thank you all, the readers, for keeping us on the ball and making our job worth doing. Cheers to you all, and I hope you enjoy the hell out of this issue!

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks to all the contributors who made this possible! This is one jam-packed issue, and it's nice to see the Smog back on schedule. Happy reading~

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
@ MoP's musings. Albeit him probably being on cocaine when he wrote that I only have one thing to say. I created TU not Eternal, I normally do act however the fuck I want, and I am certaintly not smogon's bitch. Tehehehe

Also, shout out to my boy Bloo for representing. And good work fellas with this issue.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Nice smog, but two things in the 'BW OU Metagame analysis' really raised my eyebrows.

Cloyster is outclassed by other setup sweepers, including but not limited to Thundurus, Excadrill, and Landorus, and this is perhaps the reason for its drop in usage.
I don't think any of these sweepers outclass Cloyster, since they are all completely different. None of them have Shell Smash, access to Water (capable of being boosted by rain) or Ice STAB, or Skill Link. I think the better explanation for its drop in usage is "it's weakness to hazards and crappy defensive typing makes it hard to fit on teams". Oh, and it's not walled by Ferrothorn at all; +2 Icicle Spear does a fuckton and with a Life Orb, it can OHKO any common variant.

Overall, the main reason that Hippowdon is pretty much gone, is that Tyranitar just does the job better by miles, meaning that we have to leave one of the best physical walls last generation to rot near the bottom of OU.
Hippo is still a fantastic physical wall and is just different from Tyranitar; saying that Tar "does the job better by miles" just isn't fair. Hippo has reliable recovery, an excellent defensive typing, and doesn't care about Dugtrio at all. The first part of the paragraph explains why Tar is used more; it's just easier to fit on teams. But really, that sentence should be deleted or reworded.

Also, another problem.

Dragon Analysis said:
This move gives Zekrom the ability to devastate many teams, since Electric resistances are remarkably rare in Ubers.
This line...you just called Ubers the Dragon metagame! Dragon resists Electric!

Also. the C&C article implies every tier needs 3 QC checks. LC only needs 2.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm pleasantly surprised to see zdrup15 as a writer for this issue.

Glad to see the Smog is back on schedule as well.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As soon as I read:

Some call it amazing, some call it annoying, some even call it the "stupidest shit ever," but everyone calls it Jellicent.
I knew it was going to be an amazing issue. Great job, Smog writers!

Always was situational, always will be. That being said, Thundurus is all Male, and Captivate gives any faster Pokemon a way to either counteract Nasty Plot or neuter it entirely.
This is not true as the Pokemon with Captivate can't technically be faster than Thundurus because Thund has Prankster.

Otherwise Fantastic issue overall. Good job Smog People

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
The BW Dex is done then a new Smog the next day? It's Christmas...but injected into your bloodstream through your eyeballs. Get a Smogcast up for the hell of it, keep this win train rolling.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Aside from a couple of issues with the art at first, I'm glad to say that this issue was a total success! We featured a total of 30 articles (!) (last issue we did 18), and welcomed several new contributors to the magazine's headquarters. We keep pushing ourselves more and more with each release to make sure that the work we bring forward to everyone whom reads The Smog is of top quality, and I'm happy to see that we get a lot of support all the time.

Good job guys.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is not true as the Pokemon with Captivate can't technically be faster than Thundurus because Thund has Prankster.

Otherwise Fantastic issue overall. Good job Smog People
If Thundurus is using Nasty Plot, Thundurus is not doing damage, so if you are faster, you can always get it to +0 if it attacks instead of using NP.

Aside from a couple of issues with the art at first, I'm glad to say that this issue was a total success! We featured a total of 30 articles (!) (last issue we did 18), and welcomed several new contributors to the magazine's headquarters. We keep pushing ourselves more and more with each release to make sure that the work we bring forward to everyone whom reads The Smog is of top quality, and I'm happy to see that we get a lot of support all the time.

Good job guys.
That's me!

Anyways, congratulations to everyone! Great issue!

If Thundurus is using Nasty Plot, Thundurus is not doing damage, so if you are faster, you can always get it to +0 if it attacks instead of using NP.
And then the following turn it Taunts you and setups NP again.

BTW, Baton Pass isn't an egg move for Espeon. It's a pre-evo move from Eevee. And Stored Power wasn't legal pre-Round 2 UU. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)