1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Issue #16 Released!

Discussion in 'The Smog' started by Rising_Dusk, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rising_Dusk

Rising_Dusk
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Back on a regular schedule, now you don't have to wait a billion months to get your fix of The Smog! Yes, that's right, we're back with some more lovely stuff for you to gobble down, and my, what a list of articles we have! We have... Man, I don't even have the patience to sit down and count, but it's a lot of articles and they're all good times. Fortunately for us many of our contributors this time around were having fun on summer break, and while they're now going back to school, hopefully they'll be active enough for future issues! I want to take this moment to thank the lovely staff I get to work with, and to make known a few new members of The Smog's staff for this issue that have shined brilliantly to make my life easier. Setsuna and Fatecrashers were recently added to The Smog's staff as HTML and Grammar leaders, respectively, and have kicked many asses to make this issue possible. Remember to thank them and all of the rest of the staff for their work! Lastly, I want to thank you all, the readers, for keeping us on the ball and making our job worth doing. Cheers to you all, and I hope you enjoy the hell out of this issue!
  2. Shining_Latios

Shining_Latios

Thanks, I'm about to read it :D
  3. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Thanks to all the contributors who made this possible! This is one jam-packed issue, and it's nice to see the Smog back on schedule. Happy reading~
  4. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Great issue :D.
  5. Eos

Eos some people just want to see the world burn
    is a Battle Server Moderator

Thanks for making this possible guys, this looks like a great issue!
  6. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

@ MoP's musings. Albeit him probably being on cocaine when he wrote that I only have one thing to say. I created TU not Eternal, I normally do act however the fuck I want, and I am certaintly not smogon's bitch. Tehehehe

Also, shout out to my boy Bloo for representing. And good work fellas with this issue.
  7. MikeDecIsHere

MikeDecIsHere And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

lol @ TU joke
  8. Xav

Xav

Good work to all involved, this is a really good issue.
  9. Kinneas

Kinneas
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

best cover art
  10. Super Mario Bro

Super Mario Bro All we ever look for

Nice smog, but two things in the 'BW OU Metagame analysis' really raised my eyebrows.

I don't think any of these sweepers outclass Cloyster, since they are all completely different. None of them have Shell Smash, access to Water (capable of being boosted by rain) or Ice STAB, or Skill Link. I think the better explanation for its drop in usage is "it's weakness to hazards and crappy defensive typing makes it hard to fit on teams". Oh, and it's not walled by Ferrothorn at all; +2 Icicle Spear does a fuckton and with a Life Orb, it can OHKO any common variant.

Hippo is still a fantastic physical wall and is just different from Tyranitar; saying that Tar "does the job better by miles" just isn't fair. Hippo has reliable recovery, an excellent defensive typing, and doesn't care about Dugtrio at all. The first part of the paragraph explains why Tar is used more; it's just easier to fit on teams. But really, that sentence should be deleted or reworded.
  11. blarajan

blarajan holla ladies #£14000 #bling #sparkle #bitchesonmydick
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

Also, another problem.

This line...you just called Ubers the Dragon metagame! Dragon resists Electric!

Also. the C&C article implies every tier needs 3 QC checks. LC only needs 2.
  12. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm pleasantly surprised to see zdrup15 as a writer for this issue.

Glad to see the Smog is back on schedule as well.
  13. shrang

shrang I AM CHAMPION CHRISTMAS!!
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

As soon as I read:

I knew it was going to be an amazing issue. Great job, Smog writers!
  14. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

supidest*

HAAAAAAAAAAAA
  15. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

This is not true as the Pokemon with Captivate can't technically be faster than Thundurus because Thund has Prankster.

Otherwise Fantastic issue overall. Good job Smog People
  16. Katakiri

Katakiri Listen, Brendan...
    is a Pokemon Researcher

The BW Dex is done then a new Smog the next day? It's Christmas...but injected into your bloodstream through your eyeballs. Get a Smogcast up for the hell of it, keep this win train rolling.
  17. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Katakiri summed up my thoughts quite nicely. I'm estatic.
  18. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

nice job fellow artists and writers, good issue
  19. Chou Toshio

Chou Toshio @Fighting Necktie
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

who's that strapping dude on the cover? :o
  20. Setsuna

Setsuna Prototype
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Aside from a couple of issues with the art at first, I'm glad to say that this issue was a total success! We featured a total of 30 articles (!) (last issue we did 18), and welcomed several new contributors to the magazine's headquarters. We keep pushing ourselves more and more with each release to make sure that the work we bring forward to everyone whom reads The Smog is of top quality, and I'm happy to see that we get a lot of support all the time.

Good job guys.
  21. Deck Knight

Deck Knight October Surprise
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

If Thundurus is using Nasty Plot, Thundurus is not doing damage, so if you are faster, you can always get it to +0 if it attacks instead of using NP.
  22. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Great job guys!
  23. ShinyAzelf

ShinyAzelf
    is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

That's me!

Anyways, congratulations to everyone! Great issue!
  24. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

gj team, so glad we're on time!!
  25. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

And then the following turn it Taunts you and setups NP again.

BTW, Baton Pass isn't an egg move for Espeon. It's a pre-evo move from Eevee. And Stored Power wasn't legal pre-Round 2 UU. :/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)