It's time for a change. (OU Offense team)

I've been playing annoyer stall throughout my entire Shoddy Battle career. However, like Barack Obama said, it's time for a change. OFFENSE TIEM!

OVERVIEW:

TEAM STRATEGY/OBJECTIVE: To be all up in mah opponent's grill and spam attacks til they lose. Seriously... is there any other strategy/objective for offense?

AN HERO (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
---
A standard suicide Aerodactyl lead. It normally gets in Stealth Rock and some other move before it bites the dust. It normally prevents other SR leads from setting up.
---
MUDKIPZ (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Torrent
EVs: 164 HP/252 Atk/92 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
---
Okay, I swapped out Gyarados for a Choice Band Swampert. I've used it in the past and can vouch for it's effectiveness. I've also always wanted a Ground-type on this team so that I could have something to come in on Thunder Waves and Thunderbolts. As for Swampert itself, it can 2HKO nearly any Pokemon with Stealth Rock down. The speed EVs are to outspeed standard Skarmory and also has the benefit of outspeed standard CB Tyranitar.
CHANGED FROM STANDARD DDGYARADOS
---
Y SO SRS? (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 40 Atk/252 Spd/216 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Explosion
---
All-out attacking Life Orb Gengar. It's speed and power is amazingly good. The set itself is self-explanatory, come in against something that it can come in against, and hit hard with whatever attack works best for that moment.
Update: Took panamaxis' advice and added Explosion to help with Blissey and others.
---
G JUSTICE (M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 100 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
---
IMO, the star of this team. A Dragon Dancer that takes advantage of what Salamence lacks: bulk. While it doesn't have intimidate, it makes up for it in solid defensive stats. It also takes advantage of something else that Salamence lacks: fists. With Fire Punch, it has an attack that can be boosted by Dragon Dance. I modeled this set after the late Garchomp, who has sadly gone to a better place. This Dragonite's over-all stat spread is fairly similar to Garchomp with about the same bulk, very similar moveset, and most importantly, same strategy. Their differences are fairly obvious though. After a Dragon Dance, it outspeeds all positive base 100s. Anything faster than that usually doesn't have the raw power to take down Dragonite in one hit and will usually go down in one hit as well.
Update: Increased Dragonite's Speed to outspeed positive base 110 and took it out of HP. (60 EVs)
---
LULZ @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 24 HP/232 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Signal Beam
---
Scarfzone plays fairly similarly to Scarftran. It comes in with it's abundance of resistances and hits fast and hard from a base 130 sp. atk. However, what makes Magnezone superior, is it's ability to cause lulz. To be honest, that's the only reason I wanted a Magnezone on my team... for the lulz. I love to trap unsuspecting Steel-types and murder them with electricity and fire. The speed is there to outspeed Gengar and whatever else you might find in it's speed group. Magnezone's STAB moves have fairly decent coverage, HP Fire is mainly for Scizor and Forretress, and Signal Beam is filler (but killer against Celebi).
---
NOOB @ Choice Scarf

EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunderpunch
- Ice Punch
- Explosion
---
The newest addition to my team. This Azelf looks odd, and it's usefulness may seem situation, but that doesn't stop it from doing the job it was meant to do. The entire reason I added it to this team was to revenge kill against the biggest two (ab)users of Dragon Dance, Salamence and Gyarados. Nearly every team out there is weak to a good Dragon Dancer, but Azelf keeps them in check with it's psuedo BoltBeam. With the given EVs and nature, Azelf can outspeed Jolly Salamence after a Dragon Dance, and any max speed Choice Scarf user with 100 base speed or less. It's essentially a physical Scarf Gengar. Zen Headbutt is there for STAB when Azelf needs to do something other than revenge kill DDers and Explosion is there to go out with an speedy and powerful bang.
CHANGED FROM SD LUKE
---

Changes in blue.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Replace Earthquake on gyarados with Ice Fang so you can 2HKO celebi.
On gengar replace HP ice with explosion and change to a hasty nature. This will allow you to take at blissey and take a big chunk out of an opposing wall. Also give gengar approximately 40 Evs to guarantee the OHKO on blissey, Hp Ice is rather redundant as salamence and dragonite will take a lot of damage from Stealth Rocks and shadow ball.

Change signal beam on magnezone to explosion. With explosion on gengar and magnezone one of them should be able to eliminate the opposing special wall so the other can sweep.

On Lucario I would run crunch instead os stone edge as your team (like most offensive teams these days) has trouble with the rotom forms. I myself wouldn't risk stone edging zapdos as it can and often will outrun you before you get the chance to hit it.

Jolly mamoswine @ life orb causes big problems for this team ice shard and eq basically hurt this team a lot and it will outspeed lucario too. Stone edge will do a load to gyarados too. If it comes in on a predicted thunderbolt you are in trouble. I suggest you use a bronzong lead instead
to remedy this problem. Metagross can also take alot of statuses too.

Bronzong @leftovers/macho brace
sassy. iv 0 speed
252hp/86atk/80def/92SpD
gyro ball
eq/sr
explosion/sr
trick/hypnosis

Or you could run a similar metagross lead but bullet punch would be entirely necessary this probably suits your team more as it is highly offensive.

Metagross @ lum berry/occa berry
Adamant
252hp/236atk/16def
Sr
Meteor mash
bullet punch
explosion/eq

evs ensure it survive cb dugtrio eq.

Agreeing with Panamaxis about replacing SE with Crunch on Lucario. Also, if you really want tou use Dragonite's bulk to his advantage I'd suggest the Bulky DDNite Set with Lught Screen. Really useful and effective.

I've made changes based on advice given here as well as from others who have seen this team.

Changed the following:
-Swapped out Gyarados for CBSwampert.
-Added Explosion to Gengar and added Attack EVs.
-Switched Stone Edge for Crunch on Lucario.

@iKitsune:
I think the Swampert I added should be able to handle Mamoswine. Scarf Magnezone should also be able to revenge kill it with Flash Cannon.

I wouldn't say your that Celebi weak, Gengar does huge damage with Shadow Ball, and you have other ways of dealing with Celebi anyway. Celebi will hate coming in on half your Pokémon.

Dragon Dance / Crunch / Stone Edge / Earthquake @ Life Orb Tyranitar causes problems for you -- big problems, if it gets a Dragon Dance up against Swampert or Magnezone. Swampert just about survives a +1 Life Orb Crunch, taking 81.68% - 96.07%, which still isn't a nice thought. I'd probably change Lucario to Jolly Swords Dance Infernape. It may sound dumb, but it's a really cool set; Mach Punch / Swords Dance / Blaze Kick / Close Combat with Life Orb. Tyranitar will hate Mach Punch regardless, and Mach Punch will also OHKO a -1 Defense Lucario (aka a Lucario who has used a single Close Combat), which is especially good as Lucario too, causes quite a few dilemmas for this team. With a Swords Dance, Mach Punch can also deal 85.80% - 101.85% to 4 HP / 0 Def Heatran (Choice Scarf Heatran, 87.18% of OHKO with SR), who may also want to stop your sweep. It also makes prediction easier if you are on +2 -- Heatran may want to come in to get a Flash Fire boost.

+2 Blaze Kick OHKOes Jirachi, Celebi, Forretress, and even Skarmory. It also has slightly more base power than Close Combat when Infernape has less than 1/3rd health, but the accuracy is a bit risky! Close Combat is a typical move, which may seem redundant with Mach Punch. However, provided yet again, that Infernape has +2 Attack (which is relatively easy to get with Infernape's movepool), Close Combat will OHKO Vaporeon, and 252 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel with Stealth Rock, two of Infernape's classic "counters". As a note, +1 Close Combat will also deal 59.94% - 70.48% to 4 HP / 0 Def Gyarados, and 59.04% - 69.58% to 4 HP / 0 Def Salamence. This makes them much easier to deal with if they have Life Orb, especially if Stealth Rock is in play. It also gets simple little KOs, such as on Electivire. :toast:

Good luck!

does signal beam even ko >_>?
Err.. not really. It deals around 70%-80% against the standard Celebi set (252 HP/40 SpDef IIRC). But Celebi can't OHKO any of my Pokemon except Swampert and gets hurt by all of them except Aero, so it's bound to lose a chunk of damage before Magnezone gets out there.

Hmm... That Infernape sounds pretty interesting, as it can 2HKO everything except Slowbro and Cresselia. I'd prefer to stick with Lucario right now, though I'd try out Infernape in the future.

Aero is good but I'll tell you right now, as effective as SR in general is, offense teams that really pound and pound the opponent don't run a whole lot of SR.

What I do like is the good mix of speed and attacking from both sides of the spectrum. As for CB Swampert although that is useful I think it lacks proper power which you could get from something that has better speed and general better attack.

I would say something that can hit hard very quickly would be....hmm. I'm sort of drawing a blank here. I want to say Heracross however. Monstrous 574 attack stat. The ability to come in on WoW and other stat inflicters and do even more damage helps as well. Proper prediction can mean huge payouts. Megahorn decimates Celebi, Cresselia, and is good at hitting Bronzong neutral if stuck with the move. CC is his most powerful option and he kills things well with that and STAB. Stone edge rips apart any flyers and can KO a gyarados if SR is up. Night slash is better than Pursuit now mainly because Rotom's have become increasingly popular. If you still don't believe it then you should look at it for the fact that with his moveset he 2HKOs almost everything in the OU tier.

The status "absorbing" is probly the most effective part in all of this considering that getting WoW'd is never fun nor is getting Thunder Waved.

Thanks for the advice, though Swampert proves to be a vital part in my team right now, and he's near unreplaceable. Swampert's base 110 attack is strong enough for it to deal massive damage with a Choice Band. CB Swampert is also unexpected, and it hurts a lot harder than the average Swampert, so the surprise factor is a benefit as well. I should also mention that Swampert's resistances and immunity to Electric are also very useful.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Standard Celebi runs 252 hp / 220 def / 36 speed, so Signal Beam is probably a KO after SR damage (or at least the chance to KO).

you're not that celebi weak, IMO, sure TWave ruins your team, but clever switching and predicting the grass knot from swampert goes a long way in helping your team beat celebi, it doesn't seem important to the point where you have to include signal beam just for it, Explosion seems like a far better choice for 'filler'. having an extra bomb on your team always helps, especially if its scarfed. =D

Try Hydro Pump on Pert? I mean, if you want to outspeed skarmory, perhaps you can take advantage of it by running a mixed CB set to 2HKO skarm with Hydro Pump? Even with Adamant, with 164 EVs in SpAtk, you almost always 2HKO, i mean, if you're that bent on killing skarm, you can't always rely on flinch. Otherwise i'd rather have the bulk, by shifting the EVs back into HP.

thats it, nice to see dragonite appearing in RMTs more often. =D

I would get CbFlygon>CbPert tbh. Would make you more ice weak but helps a lot with Celebi, absorbs Twaves and maybe even more importantly can help with trapping those steels by u-turning to magnezone. I'll get a more indept rate when I'm back although the team already looks cool as of now, gl with it.

Changed:
-Dragonite's Speed to outspeed positive base 110 (Gengar) after a DD.

Standard Celebi runs 252 hp / 220 def / 36 speed, so Signal Beam is probably a KO after SR damage (or at least the chance to KO).
Damage: 81.19% - 96.04%
Chance to OHKO after SR: 53.85%

Not bad considering that Celebi is most likely going to be damaged already. After using this team more, I found that Celebi really isn't too big of a threat thanks to Magnezone and others.

you're not that celebi weak, IMO, sure TWave ruins your team, but clever switching and predicting the grass knot from swampert goes a long way in helping your team beat celebi, it doesn't seem important to the point where you have to include signal beam just for it, Explosion seems like a far better choice for 'filler'. having an extra bomb on your team always helps, especially if its scarfed. =D

Try Hydro Pump on Pert? I mean, if you want to outspeed skarmory, perhaps you can take advantage of it by running a mixed CB set to 2HKO skarm with Hydro Pump? Even with Adamant, with 164 EVs in SpAtk, you almost always 2HKO, i mean, if you're that bent on killing skarm, you can't always rely on flinch. Otherwise i'd rather have the bulk, by shifting the EVs back into HP.

thats it, nice to see dragonite appearing in RMTs more often. =D
Swampert has a 30.90% chance 2HKO a 252 HP/252 Def Skarm after SR damage not including flinch hax. Against 252 HP/176 Def Skarm, chances of 2HKO go up to 80.08% chance, not including flinch chance. I also prefer bulk on Swampert rather than putting all that EVs elsewhere just for Skarmory.

I would get CbFlygon>CbPert tbh. Would make you more ice weak but helps a lot with Celebi, absorbs Twaves and maybe even more importantly can help with trapping those steels by u-turning to magnezone. I'll get a more indept rate when I'm back although the team already looks cool as of now, gl with it.
Okay, I'll wait til you get more in-depth.

I recommend Scarf Azelf > Gengar so you can stop Salamence after a DD ;)
Well the main reason I was contemplating using ScarfAzelf (which gets outclassed by ScarfGengar in so many ways), was so I could use Gengar and Azelf together. Sure that makes 2 Pursuit weak Pogeymanz, but I got a damn Lucario!! But I wouldn't know what to swap out over the Azelf anyways.

:avatar2:

Anything fast enough to outspeed Gengar while being bulky enough to take non-boosted Extreme Speed from Lucario would give this team a problem. That's almost all the Dragons after a single DD, so I'd go to special measures to keep Magnezone as healthy as possible for as long as possible. It's not really a team hint, so much as a strategy hint, but I thought I should say that. Maybe some Wish support would help, too.

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
Anything fast enough to outspeed Gengar while being bulky enough to take non-boosted Extreme Speed from Lucario would give this team a problem. That's almost all the Dragons after a single DD, so I'd go to special measures to keep Magnezone as healthy as possible for as long as possible. It's not really a team hint, so much as a strategy hint, but I thought I should say that. Maybe some Wish support would help, too.

It's a all out offense team so i doubt he would want wish support but if he changes a poke to scarf azelf he can revenge kill things much easier!

1st why did you leave the place =(, and ok then change the Lucario to azelf >_>. Maybe a physical trick azelf with ice punch :justin2:
Well Lucario works well with Pokemon that get Pursuited, but I still don't like him that much. I'm thinking I might as well just replace him with a CBScizor and scrap the ScarfAzelf idea.
Also, I left the place cuz I gotta do school stuffs. :chaos:

My team is offenser! I spam attacks til the other team dies! No time for making wishes!*

* = See Lightkuntar's above post

Lady Bug

Like the Wind
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I really don't think you need Magnezone on this team, and like what Light-Kun said you're Celebi weak and it will Twave everything only Swampert which celebi takes care of it. I'd go with SpecsJolteon with Signal Beam over it, it will really help you vs Celebi.

New Team Replacements

If you haven't noticed... I gave mah Pogeymanz nicknames! This makes them 50x more useful. However, as I've been testing this team, I've noticed that the usual Dragon Dancers (Gyarados and Salamence) have been wrecking havoc to my team (honestly, who isn't DDmence weak?). Anyways, I've been looking around for Pokemon fast enough to outspeed Jolly DDmence after a DD and also has access to Boltbeam or a variant of it (for Gyarados too!). I would most likely place this Pokemon over Lucario, as the other members of my team have proven to be too useful.

Here is what I've found:

SPECIAL
@ Choice Scarf (383 SpAtk)

Modest nature
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Trick

PHYSICAL
@ Choice Scarf (383 Atk)

Adamant nature
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Zen Headbutt
- ThunderPunch
- Ice Punch
- U-turn / Explosion / Trick

@ Choice Scarf (405 SpAtk)

Ability: Synchronize
Modest nature
EVs: 44 HP / 252 SpAtk / 212 Spd
- Psychic
- HP Ice
- Shock Wave
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball / Signal Beam / Trick

@ Choice Scarf (361 SpAtk)

Modest nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- HP Ice
- Shadow Ball
- Extrasensory

@ Choice Scarf (328 SpAtk)

Ability: Natural Cure
Modest nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Shadow Ball/ Trick

The pros and cons of each should be obvious.

Indra

DACODBOSS
is a Past WCoP Champion
I would use an azelf out of all the pokemon you listed, the special one. Why not make a mixed one with Psychic Explosion Flamethrowere Hpice or Trick lol.

I would definitely use TrickScarf Starmie with the set listed.

Also, i think you should run 252 Speed Adamant on CBPert.

You can really surprise people that way.

I ran 252 Speed Adamant CBPert as a lead and it got minimum 2KOs per game.

Its quite effective.

I'm not saying you have to use it as a lead.. but run 252, the extra bulk isn't going to help on a Choice Band set anyway.

I would definitely use TrickScarf Starmie with the set listed.

Also, i think you should run 252 Speed Adamant on CBPert.

You can really surprise people that way.

I ran 252 Speed Adamant CBPert as a lead and it got minimum 2KOs per game.

Its quite effective.

I'm not saying you have to use it as a lead.. but run 252, the extra bulk isn't going to help on a Choice Band set anyway.
Hmm...I'm not really too sure about maxing Speed on Swampert. Speed is the stat that you should max the least, as it's often pointless to be too fast.Anyway, I went with the Physical ScarfAzelf. It fits my team fairly well, and very often it is an element of surprise and a reliable revenge killer against speedy and powerful threats.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
TEAM STRATEGY/OBJECTIVE: To be all up in mah opponent's grill and spam attacks til they lose. Seriously... is there any other strategy/objective for offense?
Thats not the strategy to an offense team, its strategy is to break down walls, and either win or lose very quickly.

Well, by adding in swampy you've killed your whole teams TS immunity. I think you'd be better off putting in a LO Mixmence in swamperts spot, for some good walk breaking.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You said Dragon Dancers have been giving you an issue, I'd like to suggest Scarf Gengar.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
252 SpAtk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [ICE]
- Shadow Ball
- Trick / Explosion

Last slot is for whatever you want. If you use Explosion make Gengar have a Hasty nature. So yeah, this allows you to come in on +1 Gyarados and Salamence and OHKO with Thunderbolt and Hidden Power [ICE] respectively. If you Trick you stand the chance to cripple your opponent and that's great.

Hope I helped
- Empoleon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)