kd24 vs k-12

Battle between [K-12] The Madchine and kd24 started!

Tier: Standard OU

Mode: Singles
Rule: Unrated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Freeze Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team:

Opponent's team:

Malekith is watching the battle.
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Scizor! (Scizor)
kd24 sent out Scizor!
Fatecrashers is watching the battle.
McMeghan is watching the battle.

I had never played K-12 before so I didn't know what to expect. I had heard he liked using gimmicks so I was interested in testing my team vs his after a disappointing exit from Battle Royale. Seeing his team, I feel like I'm playing one of those magicians from in-game. Deoxys-D, Alakazam, and Sableye o_o. I feel Tyranitar will be pretty valuable in this game so I opt not to lead with it. While I did expect him to lead with Deoyxs-D, because it usually is the Stealth Rock / Spikes user of choice for these types of team, he easily could lead with Scizor or Terrakion to threaten Tyranitar. While my Focus Sash on Tyranitar doesn't exactly leave me worried in this situation, I still would rather have Tyranitar around to threaten his team with Crunch and Fire Blast. Leading with my own Scizor still does just as well vs Deoyxs-D while also forcing out Terrakion.

K-12 leads with Scizor as well, either for early scouting or because he predicted a Tyranitar lead. Nothing is a better option early game than U-Turning, so I do just that. I'm hoping that I'm slower in order to get the advantage.

Start of turn 1
[K-12] The Madchine's Scizor used U-turn!
It's not very effective...
Scizor lost 61 HP! (18% of its health)
[K-12] The Madchine called Scizor back!
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Terrakion! (Terrakion)
Scizor used U-turn!
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion lost 32% of its health!
kd24 called Scizor back!
kd24 sent out Tyranitar!
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
The sandstorm rages!
LossersEverywhere is watching the battle.

Turn 1 puts us in a very interesting position with several things already revealed. First, his Scizor is not Choice Banded. Which now leaves the question of what exactly is it, Choice Scarf, Leftovers, or maybe some other set? I'll have to assume Choice Scarf for now. He went to his Terrakion, predicting U-Turn, but I countered with going to Tyranitar. If you're asking why I would bring Tyranitar in Terrakion, and wasn't keen on doing so early game, then you need to realize how the position looks to K-12 (or how I would look at it). Tyranitar coming in on Terrakion clearly indicates Choice Scarf. Focus Sash is so rare that I wouldn't even consider it, especially if I didn't bother to lead with it. I made the assumption that he is Choice Banded, especially if Scizor is Choice Scarfed - for a team with Deoxys-D (which I would guess is a suicide lead), he doesn't have too much attacking power. Even if I'm wrong and he stays in, my Focus Sash still protects me and I can KO back with Earthquake.

To me, Earthquake is the only obvious move. I can't risk him staying in if he is Scarfed and not damaging him, even if I would love Stealth Rock.

Start of turn 2
[K-12] The Madchine called Terrakion back!
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Sableye! (Sableye)
Tyranitar used Earthquake!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye lost 44% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye is buffeted by the sandstorm!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

K-12 brings in Sableye, likely trying to switch in Superpower. I can now be certain that Terrakion is not Choice Scarfed, and because my Tyranitar has max Attack, I can probably still make him think I'm Choice Scarfed.

Sableye really pisses me off whenever I play it. Will-o-Wisp can quickly debilitate an entire team, so my best play is to go to Latios. I don't see Latios being much use anyway in this game and a burn doesn't hinder it at all. It also will immediately threaten Sableye out.

Start of turn 3
kd24 called Tyranitar back!
kd24 sent out Latios!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of [K-12] The Madchine's Sableye missed!
The sandstorm rages!
Latios is buffeted by the sandstorm!
DestinyUnknown is watching the battle.

This worked out favorably here for me. The miss sucks for him but I can at least move on with my plan. Which is to just use Specs Draco Meteor lol. With Scizor as his only resist, I can be sure to dent it huge and get some momentum.

Start of turn 4
[K-12] The Madchine called Sableye back!
Latios used Draco Meteor!
[K-12] The Madchine's Scizor lost 76% of its health!
Latios's Sp. Att. sharply fell!
The sandstorm rages!

So far things are looking great. I have a Tyranitar that is bluffing Scarf, some solid information about his team, and a Scizor that is heavily dented. I still think Choice Scarf is probably his item, considering my Scizor had 182 Speed EVs, but he could be using something like Iron Plate as a bluff set. Still, he probably expects me to stay in and Draco Meteor again and I don't want to lose Latios yet, especially when it handles Sableye so well, so I need to make a switch.

Tyranitar, Scizor and Terrakion definitely can't be brought in - one, in case he does Bullet Punch (at least in the case of Terrakion and Tyranitar), but more importantly, if he U-Turns on Terrakion or Scizor he'll go right to Sableye forcing me out again anyway. I want to save Gliscor for Terrakion and Scizor, so I decide the best switch is my last Special Attacker and the Pokemon that can take Bullet Punch the best while still being able to take a U-Turn.

Start of turn 5
kd24 called Latios back!
kd24 sent out Rotom-W!
Rotom-W lost 118 HP! (48% of its health)
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Rotom-C! (Rotom-C)
The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Lamppost is watching the battle.
Fatecrashers stopped watching the battle.

Well he does U-Turn for some pretty good damage and goes to Rotom-C. I doubt this is Scarfed either, probably a more defensive set to counter Bulky Waters for Terrakion and Scizor, so I feel pretty good about Volt-switching to Latios.

Start of turn 6
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C used Hidden Power!
Rotom-W lost 40 HP! (16% of its health)
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C is hurt by its Life Orb!
Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C lost 11% of its health!
[K-12] The Madchine: ouch
kd24 called Rotom-W back!
kd24 sent out Terrakion!
The sandstorm rages!
aaro902 is watching the battle.
aaro902 stopped watching the battle.
aaro902 is watching the battle.
aaro902 stopped watching the battle.

I guess aaro couldn't decide! Wow, that was unexpected. He turns out to be a Life Orb Rotom-C with Hidden Power Fire. He likely thought I was going to Scizor, or at least that I would Volt-Switch to him. This information single handily changed my course of action. Instead of going to Latios in case of Will-O-Wisp, I decide to go to Terrakion to threaten a kill with X-Scissor. What is great about X-Scissor in this situation is it hurts Alakazam, Rotom-C, and Deoxys-D (all for Super-effective), and it also hits Sableye who might come in expecting CC. K-12's Rotom-C can be a threat to me because of the power it has, so going for the kill now sounds good.

Start of turn 7
[K-12] The Madchine called Rotom-C back!
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Sableye! (Sableye)
Terrakion used X-Scissor!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye lost 46% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!

Oh fuck me. Sableye survives with very little health but it's there surviving and it can definitely threaten Terrakion with Will-O-Wisp now. Terrakion looks like it can be huge in this game and I don't want to hinder it, so I go back to Latios to take the Will-o-Wisp.

Start of turn 8
kd24 called Terrakion back!
kd24 sent out Latios!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
Latios was burned!
The sandstorm rages!
Latios is hurt by its burn!

K-12 is slowly starting to get momentum on his side, but I'm not out of it yet. Right now, Surf is my best move, being able to kill Sableye and Scizor, without dropping my Special Attack.

Start of turn 9
Latios used Surf!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye lost 8% of its health!
[K-12] The Madchine's Sableye fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
Latios is hurt by its burn!

K-12 lets Sableye die to Surf and brings in my good friend Scizor yet again. This thing is really annoying me because I haven't been able to find a good time to get Stealth Rock up yet. Only 2 Stealth Rock shots would finish this Scizor for good. Still, Latios is my best answer for Rotom-C, and I don't want to die yet, so I bring my Scizor in to take the U-Turn.

Start of turn 10
kd24 called Latios back!
kd24 sent out Scizor!
Scizor lost 65 HP! (19% of its health)
The sandstorm rages!

He decides to go to Rotom-C on my Scizor. I already saw Hidden Power Fire so that will probably be his attack, but he could Volt Switch as well, expecting a switch. Still, Terrakion is my best choice, as it threatens the rest of his team extremely well. I don't expect it will get much actual killing done, but it can threaten him.

Start of turn 11
kd24 called Scizor back!
kd24 sent out Terrakion!
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C used Volt Switch!
Terrakion lost 112 HP! (34% of its health)
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C is hurt by its Life Orb!
[K-12] The Madchine called Rotom-C back!
The sandstorm rages!

He does Volt Switch and oddly enough he goes to his own Terrakion. I suspect he's trying to lure me into attacking and will probably go to Deoxys-D. Rotom-W isn't that useful now anyway, so I can sac it if I need to and then threaten him out. Hopefully though, I will get in on Deoxys-D and be able to take it down pretty quickly.

Start of turn 12
kd24 called Terrakion back!
kd24 sent out Rotom-W!
[K-12] The Madchine called Terrakion back!
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Deoxys-D! (Deoxys-D)
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D is exerting its Pressure!
The sandstorm rages!
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

As I thought, he was planning on Deoxys-D. Now it's time to Volt Switch and finally go to Tyranitar for Stealth Rock. That Scizor of his has annoyed me all game long so being able to finally limit it should help...?

Start of turn 13
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around kd24's team!
Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D lost 23% of its health!
kd24 called Rotom-W back!
kd24 sent out Tyranitar!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!
The sandstorm rages!

I Volt Switch to Tyranitar, and end up losing my Sash in the process. I forgot Deoxys-D still run max Speed. However, with no Leftovers, this is either the Psychic Gem Deoxys-D or the Rocky Helmet Deoxys-D, so this may not matter anyway, as I plan to finish him with Tyranitar.

Start of turn 14
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of kd24's team!
Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around [K-12] The Madchine's team!
The sandstorm rages!

He decides to go for a layer of Spikes as I stealth Rock. He probably can't touch Tyranitar then and is just making the most of Deoxys-D as a Spiker. He will get another layer up, but I'm hoping I can finish him with Scizor Bullet Punch after this.

Start of turn 15
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of kd24's team!
Tyranitar used Crunch!
It's super effective!
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D lost 58% of its health!
[K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D fainted!
Tyranitar is hurt by [K-12] The Madchine's Deoxys-D's Rocky Helmet!
The sandstorm rages!
Pointed stones dug into [K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion!

Yeah, it was a Rocky Helmet Deoxys-D, so losing Sash didn't matter much. With two attacks revealed, my bluff of Choice Scarf is now gone and so is my Tyranitar. Stealth Rock up makes this a winnable game now though.

Start of turn 16
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion used Close Combat!
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 243 HP! (71% of its health)
Tyranitar fainted!
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion's Defense fell!
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion's Sp. Def. fell!
The sandstorm rages!
kd24 sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!
Guiller is watching the battle.

In comes Terrakion to finish off Tyranitar, but it's time for my secret Pokemon - Sub Swords Dance Gliscor :]. He'll probably switch out to Rotom-C, so I feel good about getting a Sub up here and finishing this game. With Gliscor being faster than Rotom-C (even a Max Speed one), this game should be over now.

Start of turn 17
Gliscor lost 129 HP! (42% of its health)
Gliscor used Substitute!
Gliscor made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages!
Lefties is watching the battle.

And just like that, the game takes a brand new turn. He decided to stay in and CC which is a big problem for me. Now, I can only kill Terrakion and likely be revenge killed. Still, a kill is a kill is a kill is a kill, so let's get it.

Start of turn 18
Gliscor's substitute faded!
Gliscor used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion lost 60% of its health!
[K-12] The Madchine's Terrakion fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
[K-12] The Madchine sent out Alakazam! (Alakazam)

In comes Zam for the likely revenge, however, Scizor still should be able to win this game with a Bullet Punch Sweep. I decide to sac Rotom-W to Zam as I am very low on health. Gliscor will outspeed and beat Rotom-C so I would rather him be alive. And if I need to, Terrakion has Quick Attack for Zam as well.

Start of turn 19
kd24 called Gliscor back!
kd24 sent out Rotom-W!
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-W!
[K-12] The Madchine's Alakazam used Psychic!
Rotom-W lost 54 HP! (22% of its health)
Rotom-W fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
kd24 sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!
Scizor is hurt by spikes!
[K-12] The Madchine: mmmh

It's time to end this as I bring in my Scizor to Bullet Punch the rest of his team to death.

Start of turn 20
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
[K-12] The Madchine's Alakazam hung on using its Focus Sash!
[K-12] The Madchine's Alakazam lost 99% of its health!
[K-12] The Madchine's Alakazam used Psychic!
Scizor lost 96 HP! (29% of its health)
The sandstorm rages!

Oh. Yeah. That exists....Shit. This game just changed completely on one item. Man I wish I had Rotom-W back now. I got so caught up in Rotom-C that I valued Latios and Gliscor more than him, but with Sash Alakazam, that turned out to be a big mistake.

Start of turn 21
[K-12] The Madchine called Alakazam back!
Pointed stones dug into [K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C!
Scizor used Bullet Punch!
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C lost 35% of its health!
The sandstorm rages!
[K-12] The Madchine's Rotom-C fainted!
Pointed stones dug into [K-12] The Madchine's Scizor!

K-12 sacs his Rotom-C and all I can do is look on in disappointment as I severely pay for not planning for Alakazam's Focus Sash.

Start of turn 22
[K-12] The Madchine's Scizor used Bullet Punch!
Scizor lost 12 HP! (3% of its health)
Scizor fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
[K-12] The Madchine: sweep
kd24 sent out Gliscor!
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor!
[K-12] The Madchine: BP sweep?

Start of turn 23
Gliscor lost 23 HP! (7% of its health)
Gliscor fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
kd24 sent out Latios!
Pointed stones dug into Latios!

Start of turn 24
Latios lost 119 HP! (39% of its health)
Latios fainted!
The sandstorm rages!
kd24 sent out Terrakion!
Pointed stones dug into Terrakion!
Terrakion is hurt by spikes!

Start of turn 25
It's super effective!
Terrakion lost 138 HP! (42% of its health)
Terrakion fainted!
[K-12] The Madchine won the battle!

Scizor finishes off my remaining 4 Pokemon and I stare on shocked, but with happiness that the game was hax-free and was decided on some cool movesets.

Looking at the game now, Rotom-W would have likely been able to win it for me had I sacced Gliscor instead. I severely overestimated the damage Rotom-C could do to me when I assumed Alakazam had Life Orb. The most important lesson to take is how important Stealth Rock was. Without it, I was unable to defeat his Scizor and I ended up paying dearly for it.

Nobody is perfect and losses like this are frustrating but make me appreciate the game more - there is always something I can do better when playing. GG K-12, its a cool team and I'm glad it worked well for you in No Johns. As for Bloo - suck my cock.

All in all, a battle without hax is relieving, and I felt it was well-played from his side. This is the first warstory I've written in a long time. Hopefully not the last.

I would like to say that this is excellent.

Great battle, comments, etc. and relatively hax free as you said already. Scizor sweep at the end was glorious; really proves how you have to take some things into account (zam having sash and all).

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Very nice battle and nice commentary! The only thing that this warstory lacked was sprites, and health bars, but aside from this, it takes a solid 8 (8.5 would be the rating with the sprites and the health bars)!

Cool warstory. Both of the teams were interesting to see in motion (particularly kd-24's). I can appreciate you posting one that's not about you winning as well. I think the games that we lose are more important than the ones we actually win, and it looks like you got something from it, while still having a good time too. 8/10

Nice warstory especially because of your commentary describing your moves and so on. I really like to read peoples thoughts, especially from skilled ones. Also very cool sets K12 was using. Made the battle a lot more enjoyable. Great job guys!

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
A really interesting battle, and a great warstory. Fantastic commentary, and just a very interesting battle. Good Job ^-^

That was a great read, it wasn't too long or image heavy but the excellent commentary made it worth it. Excellent game!

Nitpicking: I didn't realize this was a warstory, and I never clicked on the thread until now.

Great job, though. Glad I finally let curiousity get the better of me

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)