Kyurem

this thing may see some use in VGC style matches with STAB Blizzard and resisting 2/3 of Kyogre attacks (Blizzard/Ice Beam is neutral)

Okay now im actually feeling a bit bad for Kyuremu :L.At first he was getting overhyped as balls but now people are making him look way TOO bad.He is quite bad but cmon give the poor guy some love.I tried out the Anti lead set and its pretty cool but other anti leads like Doexys and Machamp still give it competition for that slot.And green Kojondo,Gigiasu are super rare and i have yet to see a single damn bronzong in Black/White L:.But yeah i might make a hail team for the lulz and see how it works out.

It is interesting to note that according to usage stats, Kyuremu is UU. Not even high UU, lol. Poor thing. Maybe it will be BL.

Honestly, it's the ice typing. Forget the missing 20 base stats, the barren movepool, the worthless ability and the dragon competition; if this were a dragon/anythingbutice it would be vastly improved. Dual stabs that are both resisted by the most common type in standard combined with those horribly crippling weaknesses = fail.

There is still hope for the frozen penismon. Next game will bring a form change...hopefully one that has Snow Warning.

As much as I think Kyurem has a very specific niche, it is not the utter weakling people are making it out to be.

As people have mentioned before, when dealing with high offensive stats, neutral coverage is what matters; Kyurem hits 16 out of 17 types for neutral damage and has Focus Blast for the last slot.

If steel types can be seen coming from a mile away, you should be using that to your advantage and double-switching to something that walks all over them (Shandera, Magnezone, Heatran, Kerudio, etc), or predicting their switch and firing off a Focus Blast. And with Kyurem luring steels so effectively, it works quite well in a double dragon strategy, cleaning up with a Scarf Ice Beam / Dragon Pulse pretty easily late game.

i completely agree, kyurem is a great pokemon for double dragon because he lure steels like no other and is actually capable of highly damage, if not ohko them outright. he is also a great starmie counter(something rare bar bliss and friends) and life orb draco meteor is hitting harder then sazandora meteor, and we all know how hard that thing hit.

Kyurem's definitely not a weakling. I've seen it do some serious damage. Yes, it's almost always outclassed by at least one of the other dragons who have more useful typings and slightly higher speeds (which is very important), but people seem to confuse the terms "outclassed" and "bad" way too often. This thing can definitely be useful, however it's still far from the best choice.

What Kyurem really wants is Earthquake (durr everything learns it) and *drum roll* Ice Shard (HELLO GF why doesn't it get this!), and it wants its BST boosted by 20, preferably in Speed, so that it's on par with its B/W counterparts. If it had those things, it might be able to destroy worlds.

Kyurem would also like for its awesome-sounding signature moves to not suck. A slightly buffed Icy Wind? -_-

Most probably he will get Earth Power via move tutor in the third game. if he doesn't, gamefreak just ruin one awesome pokemon

It is interesting to note that according to usage stats, Kyuremu is UU. Not even high UU, lol. Poor thing. Maybe it will be BL.
Usage statistics are still not exactly reliable reasons for tiering at this point. The same usage statistics show that Deoxys-A, Manaphy, and Wobbuffet are also in UU - below Kyumeru, while Pokemon like Blastoise, Umbreon and Dusknoir are above them. (...)

And Ice is not such a terrible type with Dragon. It gives Kyumeru some cool resistance/neutrality combinations against against a wide variety of special attackers and it's not crappy offensively like the secondary typings of some of our other dragons are either (flying, psychic, dark...). A STAB Blizzard is very nice in Hail. Ice is a better typing for a dragon to have than Rock or Psychic at the very least.

I've used Kyumeru a bit and he's definitely not terrible as some people are making him out to be. He's not exactly amazing, but he's certainly not UU material. He can work well with LO or Specs as a hit and run Nuke, coming in easily with his natural bulk and nice resistances some people seem to ignore. Stealth Rock can be annoying of course, though it's not as common now for some reason.

I'm hoping the third version will bring Earth Power, Superpower, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Icicle Drop, and especially Ice Shard to Kyumeru's movepool, and most of all that he will get Snow Warning through a stronger form (also Sp.def boost in Hail would be awesome). +10 to all base stats=720. Anyone?

That's very true....but gigugears artwork will always be the best...does this guy get earthquake? He better....

Maggyos movepool is better then kyremus....that's just a shame...
No, he doesn't his physical moves best used are Gear Saucer, Return and Giga Impact. His special movepool is slightly better I think but you're mostly going to use Gear Change for a set up move.

And Kyuremu will probably better better in the next 3-5 years when a possible 3rd installment will come out, until then, you'll have to compensate with a choice scarf and some hail support to back up it's poor stats...in which i mean poor i mean speed.

Kyumeru only has two things about that are "bad", his average OU speed (but rather good in Ubers) and his absolutely barren movepool.

However, his stats are like a dream come true. That HP stat alone gives him better-than-Swampert defenses (much better). Kyumeru also boasts the highest mixed attacking stats out of all Dragon-types, only being surpassed by Rayquaza iirc. Ontop of that, he boasts the best mixed attacking stats out of all Ice Pokemon too, carrying both Glaceon's special attack stat and Mamoswine's attack stat.

His biggest problem is (as already stated) his barren movepool, limiting the amount of sets he can run by a lot.

So we can pretty much say that his movepool and speed sucks. Otherwise this dragon would be a true uber and would probably scare the hell out of every other dragon in the metagame. As for defensive capabilities i'd prefer Regice for an ice type wall. I've haven't seen any in months now that I think about it.

kyuremu can take quite a beating even without evs on hp or def, plus his atacking stats are amazing(fuck those new pokes with base 140 atack and special atack), his speed doesnt suck, its just not good enough.

kyuremu is not the best wall, or the best sweeper or wall breaker but he can do a little bit of each, so far i used him on my team for more then 20 matches and he always kill at least 1 pokemon. sometimes two and rarely 3, plus i never saw him getting ohkoed without SR and/or spikes support, he eat those mach and bullet punchs and ohko back with a overpowered draco meteor/ice beam.

In the Uber tier, it can completely sweep teams if you built your team to suit it (a hail team)

I used one for a while and it usually gets 2+ kills before getting KO'ed, also: it has 130 in both attacking stats so it can go mixed

Kyumeru @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
- Focus Blast
- Claw Sharpen / Hidden Power Fire
- Blizzard
- Draco Meteor

claw sharpen is solely there to raise draco meteor and focus blast accuracy which is important to get those kills where a miss can determine whether it gets KO'ed back

hidden power is good if scizor is THAT much of a problem since it can not switch in to focus blast anyway so it will not switch in on HP fire

also, 95 speed is good in ubers since most ubers are slow (I SAID MOST, NOT ALL)

Substitute is better than Claw Sharpen in a set without physical attacks.
I completely agree with this statement, that's why I recommend outrage(or if u hate getting locked in dragon claw) that set uses all special moves anyway and u would be forced to switch out. On top of that, some ubers have better special defense so it could be more powerful at times.

Usage statistics are still not exactly reliable reasons for tiering at this point. The same usage statistics show that Deoxys-A, Manaphy, and Wobbuffet are also in UU - below Kyumeru, while Pokemon like Blastoise, Umbreon and Dusknoir are above them. (...)
Deoxys-A and Manaphy have both been banned for some time, they just haven't been taken off the usage list. Everyone probably assumes that Wobb is banned. Why it isn't is beyond me. Blastoise and Umbreon can be chalked up to favoritism.

Despite how lackluster Kyuremu is in OU, for the fact that Ubers revolves around mostly base 90-95 Pokemon, I feel Kyuremu would actually do better there.

I have been using Kyuremu a lot these days in standard, and I have to say that I wasn't particularly impressed. However, it is safe to say that Kyuremu it fits a specific niche on offensive Hail teams where it can abuse Blizzard, with a bit of support, Kyuremu is more than capable of ravaging opposing teams because of its ''uber'' stats.

I'm hoping the third version will bring Earth Power, Superpower, Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Icicle Drop, and especially Ice Shard to Kyumeru's movepool, and most of all that he will get Snow Warning through a stronger form (also Sp.def boost in Hail would be awesome). +10 to all base stats=720. Anyone?
Correct me if I'm wrong but they've never changed TM compatibility with a third game, only level up moves. Unfortunately, CM and BU are already TMs, so unless they add another form to augment its movepool, it's not looking good :(

I actually would like to try this out with a Hail team. Double switching to Dugtrio/Magnezone as the obvious Steel comes to ruin your fun would be cool.

He gets walled by steel types and doesnt have rayquazas offensive stats, he must obviously suck. Damn, if only he had no counters maybe he could actually be good :(

He gets walled by steel types and doesnt have rayquazas offensive stats, he must obviously suck. Damn, if only he had no counters maybe he could actually be good :(
I pray for your sake that's a joke...if it isn't read the entire thread or prepare to get a mouthful from people from people who used him...it.

And it's not "walled" by steel types, a simple focus blast or hidden power fire will get rid of most of them.(scizor is a problem though)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Most Steels can only switch in once to Specs Draco Meteor anyway (And if you have Hail up, Kyuremu 2HKOs most Steel-types with Blizzard anyway)

EDIT: From my RMT:

Choice Specs Blizzard vs:
252/0 Scizor: 51.45% - 60.47% (Switching in once ONLY)
252/0 Metagross: 44.23% - 51.92% (~71% chance to 2HKO with SR and Hail)
4/0 Jirachi: 42.98% - 50.58%
252/252+ Nattorei: 53.98% - 63.92% (Easy 2HKO)
4/252 Blissey: 28.68% - 34.05%

I pray for your sake that's a joke...if it isn't read the entire thread or prepare to get a mouthful from people from people who used him...it.

And it's not "walled" by steel types, a simple focus blast or hidden power fire will get rid of most of them.(scizor is a problem though)
Did you take what I said seriously?

LOL

Did you take what I said seriously?

LOL
>__< uhhhhh no....*extreme embarasment* Your supposed to put sarcasm after things like that...makeing me feel all Dum...

Any at the latter post, I wasn't aware that kyremu was so powerful....would shandera be considered a counter of sorts to kyremu or would she be outright ohko'd by one of it's attacks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)