1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

LC Analysis Index

Discussion in 'BW LC Analyses' started by little gk, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Also notable is the fact that Life Orb Mienfoo got turned into an OO mention. Unsure if you want to put that as rejected sets or what, but just know that it shouldn't be in the index where it is now.
  2. soviet

soviet nothin personnel kid

I'd like to update Diglett if at all possible. The article is fairly out of date and has too many sets.

Approved (Elevator Music)
  3. Ray Jay

is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Ferroseed could use an update; the on-site analysis seems slightly insufficient as a whole. Thanks.

Approved (Aerrow).
  4. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

elekid could use an update because there are some bad sets (imo) and needs to be updated to the new meta. also has medtits mentions

Approved (macle)
  5. Ray Jay

Mentor

6. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

7. comatthew6

comatthew6 Uther's Noble [Ball]Sack
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

will be updating Drilbur after I finish chinchou.

Approved (Aerrow).
  8. Ray Jay

Mentor

9. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

10. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hi, more of you should do this. It makes my job easier!!!
  11. prem

prem failed abortion

hey gk, I REFUSE

elekid done
  12. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

13. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

I feel choice scarf staryu should be in there. I'm good to do the analysis.
  14. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I took it out of the analysis on the revamp. It doesn't do anything better than Scarf Chinchou.
  15. prem

prem failed abortion

updating ponyta if thats cool.
  16. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

I'ma do Mienfoo.
  17. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

i'm not cool enough to edit your post, but i guess that's ok ;-;

edit: and blara too i guess........
  18. prem

prem failed abortion

im so nice ill tell gk that ponyta is up wont tell you when its written though lol
  19. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

I found he makes an excellent anti-shell smasher seeing as he outspeeds all shell smashers at +2 except dwebble and can OHKO all of them while still resisting their priority presuming sturdy is down on tirtouga. He has a niche over croagunk as he is not set-up bait for gligar and can actually kill stuff other than shell smashers as well as making a good status absorber if need be with natural cure. Just my 2 cents though.
  20. Ray Jay

Mentor

21. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

Idk about you guys, but i find that out-speeding shell smashers and scraggy at +2 is quite a substantial advantage as essentially he fills in the roles of croagunk and chinchou, granted, he doesn't get fake out or volt switch or volt absorb, but I still think scarfyu has a niche over scarf chinchou.
  22. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

And what exactly is Staryu going to do to a +2 Scraggy? Die to a +2 Drain Punch?
  23. prem

prem failed abortion

The only shell smashers staryu outspeeds are clamperl and shellder. Clamperl without hp grass loses to both of them, while both beat shellder. Clamperl is not enough to warrant an analysis. It doesn't outspeed +2 scraggy and can't beat any other smashers. Also has less bulk and power.

Also not the place to talk about this . Vm or pm a qc member if you want to argue this.
  24. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

How does Staryu outspeed +2 Scraggy? 19 *1.5 = 28.5 ==> 28. 15 * 2 = 30. 30>28.5. Staryu only speed ties Adamant +2 Scraggy, and outright loses to Jolly.

Edit: fuck you Prem...
  25. spuds4ever

spuds4ever

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)