LC Analysis Index

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Today is July 8th, so you can start reserving BW2 analyses!

I'm reserving Chinchou and Porygon for now.

Taking Sandshrew for now? My internet sucks but I won't have trouble writing it and updating it when I have time / I'm going on my day off tonight so I'll have time to do it at home.

Approved (Ray Jay)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ill update scraggy cause scraggy the best. houndour too if thats cool (yes i will finish them before 3 months are up!)

Scraggy is approved, once you finish that I will give you Houndour (Ray Jay)

Can I cancel larvitar? It just doesn't work in the BW2 metagame, especially when you consider the support needed.

I'd like to do up murkrow if that's ok. A lot of the sets are still fine, but there are definetely sets that need sprucing up and new ones that can be introduced (like CM heatwave prankster murkrow).

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i honestly dont know where i should post this or if im allowed to post this but whatever this post can be deleted.

i honestly dont think murkrow needs an update. the writing on it is too good for the small changes that happened to murkrow. i would just get rid of the bulky supporter and parafusion set, and we can seperately add offensive cm murkrow. then its just small prose changes, in places like the last para of the other options section. we shouldnt completely update for the sake of updating if the analysis is extremely well written, imo

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to be editing the Murkrow analysis (as it is mine, after all) to fit the meta over the next few days. It doesn't need a full update.

Other than that this should be updated.

Edit: spuds do you want to take something else instead

Sure. But could I at least do up CM HW murkrow? Pwetty pwease? Dratini also just needs the marvel scale update, but that's very minor.

Could I do axew as that actually needs an analysis update now.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Calm Mind Murkrow in general is really shitty. Heat Wave doesn't do anything to help it.

Calm Mind Murkrow in general is really shitty. Heat Wave doesn't do anything to help it.
I'll concede that FD CM is crap now, but offensive CM krow I've found is actually very effective. With CM, a lot of murkrow's usual counters like chinchou, porygon, magnemite are easily beaten and it also makes a really great misdreavus counter provided they don't carry t-bolt (and even then you can still win if SR isn't up and you win the speed-tie).

While you can't check as many things as you could previously with sucker punch, you can sweep much more effectively. I think it's worthy of its own set, especially seeing as you have stuff like parafusion murkrow up there (though, admittedly, it's quite debatable if it should be up).

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This post is a couple of days late but I just want to throw it out there that I'm not allowing updates yet; the LC QC team is going to be reviewing all of the current analyses and determining which ones need revamps and which ones don't (like the 'lists' you've seen in the other C&C sub-forums).

iss

let's play bw lc!
What does offensive Calm Mind do better than MixKrow?

I'm assuming your set is Eviolite, Life Orb, and Timid with the moveset Calm Mind/Roost/Dark Pulse/Heat Wave/Hidden Power Grass/Hidden Power Flying. Such a moveset isn't even possible, but since you haven't specified I'll just account for every option.

With CM, a lot of murkrow's usual counters like chinchou, porygon, magnemite are easily beaten and it also makes a really great misdreavus counter provided they don't carry t-bolt (and even then you can still win if SR isn't up and you win the speed-tie).
Chinchou with Thunderbolt defeats any Murkrow set regardless. A Thunderbolt when you're at +2 followed by a Thunderbolt at +3 will still KO you regardless. Using Roost doesn't really help either, as you're still dead after Stealth Rock. Even if you spin, Chinchou can simply keep Thunderbolting until it gets paralysis, at which point you lose. A +1 HP Grass doesn't always KO 0/0 Eviolite Chinchou. MixKrow, on the other hand, will take out Chinchou with HP Grass + Sucker Punch.

Porygon will not be OHKOed even ny a +2 Dark Pulse, and OHKOes back with Ice Beam even if you're at +2. MixKrow, on the other hand, has a shot at a 2HKO with Brave Bird (and will almost always get it with Stealth Rock), and actually does a better job at beating Porygon because Porygon will not have Prankster Recover.

Magnemite dies, but it dies to Heat Wave from MixKrow anyways.

Both sets defeat Misdreavus anyways and lose to Thunderbolt Misdreavus. MixKrow is more afraid of Will-O-Wisp, but it revenges better with Sucker Punch.

While you can't check as many things as you could previously with sucker punch, you can sweep much more effectively.
I don't think you're going to get Calm Minds on any Pokemon in the metagame. Standard Murkrow checks (Porygon, Chinchou, etc.) do just as well against your set anyways. Also, Sucker Punch is ridiculously good on Murkrow.

I think it's worthy of its own set, especially seeing as you have stuff like parafusion murkrow up there (though, admittedly, it's quite debatable if it should be up).
Parafusion Murkrow is a niche but actually a good set. Offensive Calm Mind, on the other hand, is not.

Which calculator are you using? Because I swear I've never seen any of those pokemon do what you've said they can do.

Every time I've faced chinchou, thunderbolt does >80% with thunderbolt when murk is at +1 (this is using a spread that grants it 12 def + eviolite) so if it switches in on your CM, just CM again, roost for a while until you're about 65% which is what a neutral t-bolt will leave you with at +2 or so at least and then OHKO all offensive chinchou with a +2 dark pulse. Granted, choice scarf is a bit more issue, but that can't switch in at all. Offensive porygon goes down to a +2 dark pulse as well while the defensive set is easily 2hkoed. I'll try and get some logs for you, but I think it's a good set.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Offensive Porygon isn't even used outside of Choice Scarf, which wrecks you. Defensive sets OHKO you with Ice Beam.

I'm not even going to argue with you here anymore, because this is not the right place for it and you still haven't clarified what set you are using. Post a skeleton of the set to QC and we'll look at it there.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright! We're ready to open up reservations again! These things have been deemed by QC to be worth a revamp!

Revamp:
- Archen
- Axew
- Cottonee
- Croagunk
- Diglett
- Dratini
- Drilbur
- Ducklett
- Elekid
- Elgyem
- Ferroseed
- Foongus
- Frillish
- Golett
- Hippopotas
- Houndour
- Lickitung
- Lileep
- Minccino
- Natu
- Numel
- Pawniard
- Sandshrew
- Scraggy
- Shroomish
- Tirtouga
- Vullaby
- Woobat

Low priority revamp:
- Deerling
- Growlithe
- Joltik
- Machop
- Mantyke
- Meowth
- Piplup
- Rufflet
- Solosis

I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you shouldn't bite off more than you can chew, so we're limiting everybody to reserving only 2 analyses at a time. Finish those, then we'll talk.

Once you've reserved a revamp, a moderator will come by and approve your reservation by editing your post.

From this point, please take a look at the QC lists to find out why we think the Pokemon needs a revamp in the first place. It is vital that you include these changes so that QC can approve your skeleton quickly and the process can be efficient.

Thanks, and happy analysizing!

Al_Alchemist

Physics and Math \O/
is a Past SPL Champion
I'll take Croagunk (be prepared to fight for your vacuum wave guys :o) and will be posting a tweaked version of the SubCM Drifloon currently on the analysis that I believe is better.

iss

let's play bw lc!
Ducklett and Drilbur please.

(also alal if you don't put vwave on you die gg)

OK. There are some of you that reserved Pokemon before we had this list (blarajan, iss, dragonboy, heysup). Some of those Pokemon we approved reservations on didn't end up making the list though. I removed those reservations. For the Pokemon that did end up on the list, I kept those reservations. Check the OP for clarification.

The above four posts are fine. Prem, just remember that Houndour isn't really reserved by you until you finish Scraggy though.

In other news, I put [Unreserved.] tags next to the pokemon we're allowing reservations on, mostly just because I like having multiple colors in the index.

metsrule158

Don't disturb him on his break.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Unreserving Woobat because I just do not have enough time to work on it.

Edit (Elevator Music): noted. thanks for telling us~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)