LC CCAT--I have to Axew a question (FINISHED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shell Smash Omanyte

An extremely underrated Shell Smasher. The main thing I like about Omanyte is that 100 Base Defense, allowing it to set up on even neutral STAB moves. Murkrow also gives it pretty much free setup, and it doesn't fear Sucker Punch due to that high Defense. Earth Power makes it different enough from Clamperl that it actually is worth it, and the defenses and typing help out too. All in all, Omanyte is a very underrated Pokemon and definitely worth a look in this CCAT.

Also ResTalk CM Misdreavus actually loses to even non-Charge Beam Porygon most of the time, as Shadow Ball has 24 PP, meaning a critical hit will usually happen (which OHKOes or comes very close to it). Ice Beam / Blizzard variants (which suck now that Gligar is gone) can also hope for a freeze.

edit: FINE

ResTalk CM Misdreavus

This is actually ridiculously ridiculously good, as lategame nothing is going to beat it. Getting six CMs up is really surprisingly easy, and it doesn't fear Toxic. Also, it's a fantastic sleep absorber. Even though the above paragraph is true, you should obviously play to remove Porygon.

Larvesta

Larvesta is an awesome mon that i pretty much never see. I haven't played with it (I actually forgot the thing existed until I saw that nomination) but it looks really cool. Gligar leaving the meta should give it a better niche too- Without a counter to it on every team, the thing should be a lot more threatening. I'm not sure about WoW on the set, but I know that line doesn't have a deep movepool, so I'd take what i can get.

Edit( -____- )
RestTalk Missy

It's a cool set and it looks strong, go away

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Life Orb Elekid

Reason: Like Tomahawk said, Elekid is a very underlooked Pokemon, but still very effective. Electric STAB coupled along with great coverage in Ice Punch and Cross Chop makes this a powerful threat. Plus, unlike the set up Pokemon, Elekid just wrecks shit the moment it comes in, where as the other sweepers need to set up first. All in all, Elekid is cool and it needs love.

Dragon Dance Axew

Reason: prem told me too D:

Dragon's in the LC metagame need more love, and Axew isn't any different. Once Bronzor and Ferroseed are out of the way, Axew will have no checks, making it a great late game sweeper. Also, like prem said, if it's a sweeper, I'm cool I also like Dragon-type Pokemon, so this vote is bias

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since we have so many suggestions, I'm going to ask for you to vote on your favorite TWO Pokemon. Put them both in bold, with your favorite on top and your second favorite underneath.
iss sucks. and so do the rest of you apparently 9.9

Dragon Dance Axew:
honestly i could careless which mon wins as long as its a sweeper. when i look at all the other choices for this ccat 99% of the other ones are just supporting mons. Restalk missy and subpass mienfoo are great supporting mons but really they are used to help beat things the rest of your team cant. lo elekid i had enough fun with last meta so i kinda dont want it, while lo dour can fucking lose to a ferroseed after sr. thats fucking SAD. larvesta is not something you can even base your team around

Shell Smash Omanyte: the other sweeper on the list. honestly i dont like the moveset that was picked, mostly because i like ancient power and surf sux.its a cool mon that ive used a lot but its a lot less original than axew because almost every smasher works, while axew is legit the only good dragon in lc.

Axew: Dragons are awesome and none of them are really used much. Agreeing with prem that it's kinda stupid to base a team off a support mon and that's part of the reason I'd love to see Axew get in there. It's a great sweeper and needs more love. It also hits like a monster truck, in Little Cup, 'nuff said.

edit: blarajan sucks

Larvesta: When Gligar was around I never saw this thing, and basically forgot it existed. Now I've seen it on a few teams and it's a great bulky attacker. I was planning on building a team with it but I'm just so lazy that the community could do it for me, except then I probably won't use it cause everybody knows the team so scratch that. The only thing that sucks about Larvesta is the stealth rock weakness, but despite having that it looks like a boatload of fun to use.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1) Larvesta
Larvesta has lost a good check to it since Gligar's banning. Also due to Bug typing and Flame Body it can actually do quite well in checking the fighting types in the tier.

2) Life Orb Elekid
Life Orb Elekid is an underrated mon with great coverage, coupled with the fact that it's the fastest unboosteed mon in the tier makes it very cool. As said before it doesn't even need to set up to be a threat. (Plus the rest of the pokemon didn't really appeal to me.)

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dragon Dance Axew
-I think it has potential but I haven't seen a solid team really maximizing it yet

Life Orb Houndour
-Underrated, I used it before as kinda a side mon but I'd like to see it be the center of attention.

Larvesta: This poke is very good in LC and would like to see a team built around larvesta.
Missdreavus Restalk CM: This set is completely new to me and it's is a very powerfull late-game sweeper, and with support against pokes like scraggy and other dark-types seems great, and Missy is cute ^_^

RestTalk CM Misdreavus

Not sure what else to say that hasn't already been stated. It's just a great set that can surprisingly easily set up (as iss said, getting to +6 is really easy if you can get the right Pokemon out of the picture). Once it's actually at +6, very few things can stop it. Also, someone mentioned that this set is a supporting mon, but that doesn't make sense to me. This Missy set is a late game sweeper, not a supporter.

Dragon Dance Axew

A couple of days ago, I had no idea what this set was capable of. But then, I was in a battle with Chieliee and it nearly swept me (if it wasn't for a crit he would've won). DD Axew is amazing. If you can get rid of any steel types the opponent has, Axew is ready to sweep. It's powerful, just fast enough, and surprisingly bulky (with evio). It can set up on a large number of common Pokemon in the current metagame as well, including Staryu, Chinchou (a bit risky if it's RestTalk, since there's a possibility of a burn), Mienfoo (It's not even 2HKOd by 17 attack Mienfoo's Drain Punch, and it's not OHKOd by its HJK), etc. I would love to see a team built around this cute little dragon.

Sorry guys for my previous post i didnt know what step we were up to in this project with that said here are my picks

Axew
Just because a powerful physical sweeper would be good also it has enough BUlk to set up some dragon dances and sweep there is not much besides steel types that can stop Axew on the loose.

Larvesta
you guys have probally already heard this from a billoin other people that the fact that gligar is gone Larvesta would be great as Gligar checks the shit out of Larvesta.

Dragon Dance Axew

see my post and prem's post

Shell Smash Omanyte

see my post and iss's post

how the fuck are we supposed to build around larvesta? it's a supporting mon....

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
1) Dragon Dance Axew and 2) Shell Smash Omanyte, because of the reasons prem had listed in his post~

Crux

Banned deucer.
I was just looking through this thread quickly and it seems to me that the Little Cup community has lost the purpose of a CCAT and are simply voting for and nominating Pokemon that they like or think are strong. That is not the point of a CCAT at all. The CCAT is supposed to be something through which people are able to learn something about the metagame, and something that allows people to better understand the concepts of Little Cup. At the moment, neither the voting nor the nominations reflect this, as you are simply voting and nominating stuff that a) we know everything about; or b) there is very little to discover concerning it.

To that end I would like to suggest one of two things. The first is the suggestion of a different Houndour set. I would like to suggest this:

@Eviolite
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Substitute / Other Filler Move.

I understand that nominations are over, but as it stands this CCAT will achieve absolutely nothing and is a waste of time. The set I have listed has two very major problems. 1) Lack of speed makes it difficult to sweep and 2) it is prone to revenge kills. I propose that we use this set because we will be able to discover two things 1) how is it possible for a low speed set up sweeper (or low speed mon that is offensive in general) to function in Little Cup. If we can do this, it will allow for a great amount of versatility in the metagame as currently many strong offensive pokemon are being neglected due to their low speed and learning how to work around that will benefit the metagame greatly and 2) how can we best operate to take advantage of revenge kills.

I understand that the nomination phase is over and that the voting stage has begun, but I would like to nominate this set for the reasons above.

Larvesta Gligar was easily the most prominent threat keeping the flame bodied bug down. With the recreation of the CCAT specifically because of Gligars disapearance I find this small fact quite interesting as it is a direct reflection on how the meta game can develop at this time.

SubPassMienfoo The Subs from this guy are a true godsend to some sweepers, and I feel mienfoo itself is very indicative of LC trends, he's pretty bulky and offensive is fighting typed but this set isn't just about Fake-Turning with regenerator or Mindless HJK stab spam, it takes some thinking and having a whole mess of people play in situations where prediction is a pretty big deal could actually just lead to some hilarious over prediction replays (Which I would selfishly laugh at)

Larvesta

I have played with it and its very good and underrated. It's strong, has very good resistances, good ability, good stats and the moves to pull off a sweep if given the chance.

SS Omanyte

iss said everything.

As the nomination phase was already over and voting had begun before Crux posted his set, I would like for you all to disregard it when continuing to vote. If it was voted for, all it would do is skew the previous votes.

However, if Crux wants to further submit that set or others in later stages of the CCAT, I urge him, and all of you to feel free!, assuming we steer away from phrases such as "this CCAT will achieve absolutely nothing and is a waste of time."

I think the primary purpose of the CCAT is to work together as a community to build a team. We can learn much about the metagame by exploring the more uncommon sets.

Dragon Dance Axew

Shell Smash Omanyte

Both of these Pokemon can be absolute beasts if they are allowed to set up so my vote goes to these guys. I love set-up Pokemon and would very much enjoy seeing these guys on the team.

Larvesta

Counters Fighting types. Hits hard with Flare Blitz and can U-Turn out. Bulky and has Recovery. What more could you want? Well, not being 4x weak to SR, but other than that!

DD Axew

Tough choice, but Axew narrowly beat SS Omanyte, mostly due to the fact that Axew is cool.. Also, 120 BP STAB off of 27 Atk (at +1) is pretty neat.

Subway Mienfoo
I explained my reasoning in an earlier post. Essentially it gives us a lot to work with for the CCAT.

I really don't have a second choice; tbh. THey're all really equal to me. I'm ok with whoever, if its not mienfoo. If i absolutely have to vote, it'd be Larvesta. I'd like to see if its gained anything from Gligar's banning other than not fighting Gligar all the time and the majority of Mienfoo running pay back instead of stone edge.

Dragon Dance Axew
Chieliee already shown me how good this set is. It's really powerful and has a bulk enough to set up on some common Pokemon such as Chinchou. It could be interesting to use it.

Life Orb Houndour

Underrated while Houndour can send lots of teams to hell. It really deserves more love.

Life Orb Elekid
Fast, strong, has good coverage. What more could you wish for

Dragon Dance Axew
Really powerful, great mono-attacking STAB coverage and cool bulk to set up with one of the best setup moves in the game.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dragon Dance Axew
Strong, quite easy to set-up, and doesn't need a ton of support to make his work.

RestTalk CM Misdreavus
I didn't really know for the second, but this set seems original and probably works. So I want to try.

Dragon Dance Axew
Like many others have said, this is really the only Pokemon on the list that you would actually build a team around. It also seems like it would be fun to use as the star sweeper, because Axew is the only Dragon that isn't too bad.

Shell Smash Omanyte
Omanyte because it is another sweeper. It doesn't really require a huge amount of team support though, so probably not as fun for a CCAT.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Posting just to say shell smash omanyte has already had a ccat made for it. Seems dumb to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)