LC CCAT (Version III) [Ladder Race won by iss] See Post #236

Ok since your closing this up soon I man aswell post...

I found this team to be excellent! I went peaked #27 at 28-2, although it would of been past #14 and 29-1 if it wasn't for a disconnect that to this day still haunts me :( I ended up losing two in a row from playing like a tard so I couldn't be bothered using the team anymore.

Firstly I don't agree with iss's statement that the the team can't sweep and gets swept. With priority on Murkrow, Snover, Tirtouga and Croagunk I found it very hard for the opponent to sweep my team and they only time it got sweeped, was against a DD Scraggy with Zen Headbutt when I went for Drain Punch with Croagunk instead of the much smarter Vacuum Wave. On the subject of dd zen headbutt scraggy it is this teams biggest threat imo because of its ability to threaten Croagunk.

Bulky Shell Smash Tirtouga is obviously much better then the standard shell smash set for this team. Firstly Sturdy is useless on any team with Snover and Sturdy Tirtouga will just find itself to weak after a shell smash, where it would just eventually die to hail damage. Solid Rock lets Tirtouga live hits easier, having enough hp to not worry about hail damage as much. It is also the teams only real switch in to Fire-type threats like Houndour, Larvesta and Ponyta, as the Solid Rock set can easily switch in and scare them out with Stone Edge unless they pack Will-o-Wisp although they are usually baited to go for wild charge since they think tirts sturdy is broken after switching into a Flare Blitz.

great job hosting a successful lc ccat electrolyte :)

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The main problem with the team in its current incarnation is that it lacks a way to deal with offensive pressure. It has no dedicated sponge, and relies solely on resistances and immunities- something that doesn't work at all when faced with threats such as MixKrow. With no Fake Out on Croagunk, threats as simple as Sub/SS Clamperl and DD ZHB Scraggy easily sweep through this team. Sucker Punch is predicted around, Ice Shard and Vacuum Wave do nothing, and giving up Tirtouga for an Aqua Jet makes it super pointless. Currently, many of the team's switchins rely on Tirtouga to wall, something that doesn't work out in the long run. Tirtouga needs to SS to do damage, but it can't wall if it needs to set up. There are simply too few possible switches for common offensive threats, and moving the CCAT towards balance is the only way to salvage it.

In addition, heavy offense really isn't that good in this meta. Murkrow's strong Sucker Punch stops many straight-up sweeps, and in general it is difficult to set up against a competent opponent. 19 Speeders and hard hitting Scarfers such as Snover simply run straight through HO teams when there is nothing in sight to stop them. Sure, we have Croagunk and Tirtouga to tank some hits, but neither is capable of taking any repeated hits. Simple threats tear through these feigned defensive Pokemon like a hot knife through butter, and without a true tank (such as Chinchou or Porygon), the team fails to have an answer to many a Pokemon.

Welp, the team is very solid, and I got to around 1890 over 5 times, literally got to exactly 1899 once, and then as always hax decides to screw me over :/ To me the main problem with this team is Drifloon. In nearly all my matches it seemed like a waste of space, since there are just so many things that wall it cold, Hippo whirlwinds it out or Crunches, Lilleep, Chinchou, any bulky rocks type, magnemite, the list literally goes on and on and on, and its really not doing much to help the team in turn. Standard nasty plot Misdreavus would probably work more effectively since it keeps the same resistances while not giving us more weaknesses, and it much more effective at ripping wholes in teams for our other sweepers with its perfect neutral coverage. Also going to agree with Superpowerdude on Bulky SS Tirtouga being more effective with this team since we rely on it so much. But as it is, this team is solid, could use some touch ups, but a solid team all in all. Great job with hosting this Electrolyte. Can't wait for the next one :)

K done with this CCAT thing. My Highest peak was 2079, but never screen shot it. So currently I have 2060 and currently #3.

For people saying this team is solid, it is not. Nothing in the team can take hits bar Tirt and Croagunk and one of them isn't meant to take hits evioliteless or not and the other can take hits to an extent, but it still will go down because Drain Punch isn't reliable recovery. If Murkrow is out you cannot switch anything in except Tirtouga, but you shouldn't send in Tirtouga early game since everything is full health and can tank hits. Porygon that traces prankster fucks up the whole team since everything is speed based and cannot afford thunder wave. You can say Croagunk comes in and can take down Porygon, but in reality that is not how it's going to happen, you will not leave in Porygon on a Croagunk because of the obvious Drain Punch. Porygon just switches out and something that can wall Croagunk comes in. Snover wrecks the team the same way Murkrow does aswell.

Hyper Offensive is not a good theme for a team at all and shouldn't be used again for a CCAT.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
And so ends this ladder race.
1st place: iss
2nd place: TehMexicanDewd

Congrats to you both for succeeding with the team!

It seems to me that, though the end result may not have been top-notch solid, we did learn a significant amount regarding the viability, problems, and general structure of offensive teamssimilar to the one our concept wanted us to build. Nice work, everybody!

Now, I'm going to leave this thread open for any last discussions about potential changes and experiences / opinions on the team. This CCAT project is now officially over, but that doesn't mean there isn't work left for us to do!

Please leave your opinions and thoughts regarding the project overall in the following discussion. I can not wait to hear from you guys!

Expect a new project up by the end of tomorrow n_n ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)