League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Masterful I would just like to say to your disappointment it is not universally accepted in the competitive world that Cait is worse than the other AD carries late game.

Edit: Why the hell did I post on both MissGreen and this account. The hell.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It's pretty inarguable that Caitlyn has a poor late-game relative to other ranged AD, it's simple math. No steroid, no on-hit skills essentially means that's she no better a ranged AD carry than someone like Kennen or Nidalee, two champions which generally aren't considered ranged AD at all. (Actually bad examples, as both have auto-attack steroids. :P Kennen even has the 6th best base range just under Ashe... and lolstun and a better escape mechanism in cocaine ball. Kennen is a better AD carry than Caitlyn confirmed tbh) Whether or not her late game is poor relative to the entire rest of the cast is a different discussion altogether and it doesn't change the fact that she's one of the best laners in the game, where most games are won/lost before late-game ever happens.

I don't know why I haven't posted here sooner but oh well whatever.

I play games sometimes and I do okay I guess. I got Karma not too long ago and I'm really enjoying her. I can only assume she throws people off guard because they never see her in use (which is interesting because she's really good).

I also play Kennen and Leona and Skarner and stuff so yeah. Looking forward to the Trist buffs. Also Fizz <strike>is a (BAN ME PLEASE)</strike> seems annoying and I don't look forward to playing against him.
Where is my Kumiho, Riot? You said there would be Kumiho...

I don't give a shit about numbers

cait has 650 range and cannot lose a lane
Now that I'm looking at your arguments, they're totally true, but they're only true in EARLY game.

"Cannot lose a lane" : True, that's the whole point of Cait, but she doesn't scale well in late game, so it's kinda fair. I agree it's annoying to play against but Caitlyn is kinda bad without her range. Her utility is god like in early phase : High damage poke which goes through enemies, traps to stun enemies and prevent ganks, net to escape pretty much ever gank, ult that can kill any low health enemy under their turret.
However, NONE of those ability scale in late game (except her passive), and by scaling, I mean multiply the effectiveness of your items, which is also known as steroids. When Caitlyn buys a BT, it will do 100 more damage (charged) and that's it. However, Tristana, Graves,... can get it to do 180 more damage (80% AS), which means that buying the same item gives nearly 2x more effectiveness for an other AD Carry. That's why Cait's late game is bad.

We are NOT saying that Caitlyn can't do anything in late game, she is still a carry, we are just saying that a lot of AD Carries can do better with the same items and score in late game. That's why Cait HAS to kill and farm early.

Why do you think Cait isn't first ban/first pick in tournament plays if her late game is as good as any other AD carry in late game, considering she already has the best early ? (I'm not saying she isn't picked, I'm saying she is not the BEST OF THE BEST choice)

Finally get to try Brand. AWESOME. Maokai again but it's cool because I like to play him when he's free. Would never buy him though. Gotta try dragon of course. Gonna try Kog again. So pretty good week for me. The rest I either have or are meh.

Graves got biggest nerf it seems, while Cait is generally untouched, from all the AD carries.

Summoners spells are a let down except surge, which really is the only solid replacement from the usual summoner spells.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Automatically attacking her Explosive Shot target is pretty significant, actually. Cuts fractions of a second and a lot of inconsistency from her harass.

Graves
  • General
    • Attack range reduced to 525 from 550
    • Base mana lowered to 295 from 342
  • Buckshot damage per additional missile reduced to 25% from 30%
  • Fixed a few small tooltip errors
graves is now tanky dps in the bot lane. build atmogs because you sure as hell aren't living with 525 range

Crux

Banned deucer.
So much for the conservative tournament patch......

I think Noc and Kog nerfs are quite large. iDK if Heal is viable or not and aparently Surge does not help allies too which is kind of a let down... still useful i guess, although exhaust is probably better.

Champion spotlight for Fizz sheds a lot of light on a very quick-paced playstyle. On of the, imo, most notable things is that his q makes him travel a set distance; that is, if you were to use it with the greatest possible range between you and your target, you'd probably end up in front of it. However, if used from point-blank range, you'll end up a decent distance behind your target.

His e is pretty amazing too. It doesn't leave him in an untargetable state for as long as Vlad's pool, but being able to hop away is amazing. Over the next week or so, I can see a bunch of Fizz players dying because they don't move as fast as Fizz requires. But the people who master him, well, it might be tough to catch someone with 2 escapes (3 if you count his q), and even harder to kill him with AAs (due to his passive + his w's active). Sucks that I can't afford him right away, but I'll definitely have him tomorrow.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
loseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloselose

solo queue dominion for a bit, actually go 2-1 on the day in there

loseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloseloselose

fuck this game

also surge sucks dick unless it manages to have the aura effect they said it would and wow nocturne got the nerf hammer again out of nowhere

I was losing the last game, thank god it d/ced eh

p.s /r chat sucks dick and doesn't work 95% of the time

edit:

okay, trying to work my head around the masteries is pretty confusing. does anyone else run a 9/4/17 for jungling?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)