Lickilicky

Sure you can! Just remind it whos boss. With a belt.

No, really though, cant you give it berries that they dont like? doesn't that lower their happiness?
My game is in japanese so I can't see what's in the summery. Did the "likes [insert taste here] food" return? Otherwise,I think feeding it the wrong berries won't help.

Yeah I mean, I figure there has got to be SOME way to lower their stats. Don't they hate you more if you let them die more often too?

And if you put them in the box.

Poor guys feel neglected. They've just got to understand that you've got six other teams to use.

And if you put them in the box.

Poor guys feel neglected. They've just got to understand that you've got six other teams to use.
im fairly sure that was never true.

also would mean you'd have to minimise how much you walked, and give him a new berry every 256 steps (or before each time you fought with him)

i want to test a banded cloud nine licky.

Aqua tail/rock slide
brick break
power whip
fire/ice punch

specs

-Focus blast
-Fire Blast/Ice beam
-Surf
-T-bolt/Hp Grass

Ehhh... cloud nine does help lickylicky somewhat, lets him negate that SpD boost for rocks, and take surfs a lot easier, but its a shame hes to slow to outspeed most swift swim / chlorophyl / sand throwers even after the weather is negated. A scarf set could be an interesting set, a sure fire counter to stuff like omastar. The biggest boon to this would be being able to switch in on a doryuzu while it potentially SD's, and then nailing it with a fire blast (though i'm not sure if it would k/o without a bit of prior damage). Of course he would lose a lot of power without life orb or expert belt, but considering his ability wants him to counter weather... it seems plausible. This set is favorable to say... golduck, because his moves provide waaayyy more coverage than the duck, so he can effectivly counter every weather type.

Lowering happiness seem to be too much trouble concidering that it only is to counter ditto
That's why we use simulators.

Besides, you can just put it in the box and change the clock on the DS. It takes less than five minutes.

Also, Licky is far, far too slow to pull off Scarf.

Lickilicky will be used on one of my teams eventually as it was one of the first pokemon I got in the Dream World.

I never knew it was so bulky; very impressive. It'll definitely be used more to check weather teams, and I like the set that can take out virtually every weather inducer. Very cool.

Under normal circumstances ya, but again its meant to counter weather, in which most things wont have much speed above 80, and almost nothing is scarfed. So maybe he wont outspeed.. jumpluff or something, but he'll outspeed the biggest weather threats, doryuzu, omastar, venusaur, even kingdra (although he cant do too much to kingdra without life orb).

Its just a thought of course, because if your opponent doesnt run weather, its basically wasting a spot. Its a gimmick, but its got a purpose.

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Belly Drum+Salac Berry+Explosion=win with this pokemon. If licklily can get a belly drum in (perhaps when it switches into a ghost type locked on shadow ball or something), it can completely destroy teams. I think that salac berry should activate after belly drum, due the HP loss, and then licklily can proceed to sweep (power whip, EQ, etc.) or just explode on something getting in your way.

The problem is, even with a Salac Berry it's still outsped by a lot. Add that to the fact that a faster (choiced, perhaps) pokemon would only have to inflict 25% damage and it gets risky.

I like the idea of the strongest Explosion possible though, haha

Ehhh... cloud nine does help lickylicky somewhat, lets him negate that SpD boost for rocks, and take surfs a lot easier, but its a shame hes to slow to outspeed most swift swim / chlorophyl / sand throwers even after the weather is negated. A scarf set could be an interesting set, a sure fire counter to stuff like omastar. The biggest boon to this would be being able to switch in on a doryuzu while it potentially SD's, and then nailing it with a fire blast (though i'm not sure if it would k/o without a bit of prior damage). Of course he would lose a lot of power without life orb or expert belt, but considering his ability wants him to counter weather... it seems plausible. This set is favorable to say... golduck, because his moves provide waaayyy more coverage than the duck, so he can effectivly counter every weather type.
or make him a bulky restalker, take hits and recorver while getting several hits in.

That's why we use simulators.

Besides, you can just put it in the box and change the clock on the DS. It takes less than five minutes.

but doing that before every battle will make you unable to visit dream world

Any one think Custap would be good considering a lot of these sets include explosion?
Explosion shouldn't be used. It is still a pwoerful move, but licky can't afford to waste a moveslot. Also, custap isn't avaible yet, and probably won't be avaible for a very long time, so discussing it already seem wasted, there isn't even a metagame yet, things will have changed when it becomes avaible.

I actually think Explosion is incredibly viable on Lickilicky. It's one of the few pokemon that can use it to some decent effect, even after the nerf.

I'm not really sure about Custap, because I feel that most sets Lickilicky would run is a tank, which would run leftovers. But maybe for gimmicky sets?

Ugh, I'm not sure whether to go physical or special with Licky. I'm planning to put him onto my Sun team, but I really want him to get rid of that damned mole Pokemon from sweeping my team but also have him get rid of other weather abusers/setuppers...plus I don't want to go mixed because can he really afford to go mixed?

Ugh, I'm not sure whether to go physical or special with Licky. I'm planning to put him onto my Sun team, but I really want him to get rid of that damned mole Pokemon from sweeping my team but also have him get rid of other weather abusers/setuppers...plus I don't want to go mixed because can he really afford to go mixed?
Personally, I like him more special than physical. With a move set like Surf/Fire blast/Thunderbolt/Ice beam you have GREAT coverage.

A pure physical set doesn't seem to have as great of coverage and would probably run with something like Earthquake/Power whip/Hammer Arm/Return. The only thing you don't cover is ice types for hail teams, but you don't see them often enough. Earthquake for fire/rock/steel, Power Whip for those ground/rock/water, and Hammer Arm (or brick break if you want something you can spam a little easier) for steel/rock/ice/blissey. You also don't have any coverage against grass type if you go physical, but at least you can hit them for neutral damage. Regrettably, you just don't get the coverage unless you go a little into special and at LEAST have Ice beam.

Other notable physical moves you can run are: Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Gyro Ball, Dragon Tail, Brick Break, and Explosion. None of which REALLY gives you much coverage.

Licki DOES have 5 more base stats in his physical attack side, so you do gain some power, but you lose a little bit of coverage.

EDIT: Oops. Don't know what I was thinking, I forgot that fighting moves take care of ice. Forget that I said the physical Licki set with hammer arm is walled by ice types.

Personally, I like him more special than physical. With a move set like Surf/Fire blast/Thunderbolt/Ice beam you have GREAT coverage.

A pure physical set doesn't seem to have as great of coverage and would probably run with something like Earthquake/Power whip/Hammer Arm/Return. The only thing you don't cover is ice types for hail teams, but you don't see them often enough. Earthquake for fire/rock/steel, Power Whip for those ground/rock/water, and Hammer Arm (or brick break if you want something you can spam a little easier) for steel/rock/blissey. You also don't have any coverage against grass type if you go physical, but at least you can hit them for neutral damage. Regrettably, you just don't get the coverage unless you go a little into special and at LEAST have Ice beam.

Other notable physical moves you can run are: Zen Headbutt, Body Slam, Gyro Ball, Dragon Tail, Brick Break, and Explosion. None of which REALLY gives you much coverage.

Licki DOES have 5 more base stats in his physical attack side, so you do gain some power, but you lose a little bit of coverage.
its a trade off. T-bolt is imo is an inferior attacking type against water, and thats where power whip comes into play. unless you run hp grass, a special set will be walled by bulky ground waters.

and they would be very common being that they can operate in both sand and rain.

sure, with a physical set, you wont be able to hit grass types for SE, but at least you get stab off a return.

licky doesnt need total coverage, it just needs to hit weather users.

cloud nine will remove the suns effect of lowering water attacks power, so surf will be a good water move (important for coverage on a s day team). It will also hit the mole for super effective damage. It doesn't ge a psychical water move, so special should be superior on a sunny day team. Don't forget that you should have a least one psychical sweeper too (easy to forget because of solarbeam).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)