Limited Pallete Challenge

The point of this is to try and make the best picture that you can using only two or three colors. Some pictures are benefited by the use of only a couple colors since there is more color harmony in the painting/drawing.

Anyways, if you want to participate choose only two or three colors that look good together. Complimentary colors are obvious choices since they compliment each other and can dull each other (who knew) and then maybe white or black to tint or shade your colors.

If you want to participate post what colors you're going to be using and let's let the smogon community decide what we should create with those colors. You can even let other smogon members choose your colors and subject for you.

Hopefully this picks up as it is a lot of fun to do and tests your creativity. Good luck and have fun with it!
---------------------
EDIT: Here is a nice variation of the challenge I found, where the colors are already given to you and you have to draw/paint something with only those colors. If you scroll down you can find more templates. This could also be taken as a more advanced challenge, I guess. Why not give it a try?

For my first drawing I'm going to use red and yellow. I also use colored pencils to color...I don't have any means of making digital art besides Paint and my mouse. So yellow and red. Obviously I'll get orange in there when I mix them but...choose my drawing!

This is very interesting and I am definitely going to try in very soon when I am finished with everything else.

RODAN

Banned deucer.
For my first drawing I'm going to use red and yellow. I also use colored pencils to color...I don't have any means of making digital art besides Paint and my mouse. So yellow and red. Obviously I'll get orange in there when I mix them but...choose my drawing!

angry blastoise

angry blastoise

Angry blastoise with a realistic style. Colors used: yellow and vermillion (red shade). Colored pencils for medium and drawn on a sticky note.
Challenge completed.

Sorry the image is a little crooked...I scanned it that way and the scanner is two floors underneath me so I didn't feel like continuously running up and down two flights of stairs to make it perfect and straight.

EDIT: Thanks to NastyJungle for cropping/straightening the picture for me!

Looks awesome SIGN! Can't believe its on a sticky note. Nasty, do a Budew. Kipp, do a Kirlia. Sentret, do a Wooper. I shall use green and yellow. Hit meh!

When I don't sprite, I draw things on my tablet I got yesterday, and STILL use MS paint. ):/

I hope this doesn't shroud you monitor in vomit. :(
A tropious I whipped up in around 10 mins. :)

EDIT: Oops! sorry, I didn't read the rules till now.. sry... :(

I want to participate, after I comp;etely failed last time. :(

I'd like to the colors purple and orange. (I hope I didn't screw this one up too. :( )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)