(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Can we please not be forced to catch the mascot legendary before the IV judge is available?
We shouldn't be forced to catch any Legendary Pokemon period; it heavily detracts from the main adventure if you want to SR one with good IVs, and it'd be better if we could just go catch them whenever we're ready to. That's one thing that makes me prefer the older games to the newer ones. If games such as G/S/C and Emerald are any indication, you can make legendaries a central part of the story without shoving them down our throats for the sake of a story-based capture.

I just feel like the Legendaries should be higher level and/or optional, which solves multiple problems I have with them.

- The forced captures ruining/complicating the option to SR, since you can't reliably pin exact IVs until you hit ranges like 70+
- Borderline forced usage of the legendary.

It just doesn't work for any camp.

Casual players/runs dislike it because it's another thing that can make the game pathetically easy (even in old games, the catchable legendaries still put up a fight to catch if you really wanted to use them) when you have a legendary to steamroll things like Lysandre or the Elite Four.

Competitive players wouldn't use the Legendary anyway to keep it UT for trade value, and would want the option to come to it at a time that's convenient to get them right.

Things like the re-vamped breeding mechanics and the continued inclusion of the IV judge and Gen V tutors shows Game Freak at least acknowledges the competitive scene even if they don't build around it. It's arguable with things like Rayquaza or Xerneas/Yveltal, since those are banned from VGC, but the Latis are allowed, and those are arguably the most tedious since you have such a long sequence before being able to approximate, and no hope of reaching the Battle Resort without saving, yet they're a given considering there's no capture and they play a role of convenience.

It's not even like they had to hand it to you. The game could have given you the Eon Flute as some sign of gratitude after the Magma/Aqua fight, and sent you back as such. Maybe in the end-game, Lati@s decides you're not just a kind soul, but a powerful trainer, and gives you the chance to obtain/capture it in post game.

I both love and hate the cut scenes we get in XY/ORAS. Now, I love them for how beautiful they are, and how they flesh out the story and are small jewels you will encounter. But the length... the scene before fighting Groudon/Kyogre is such a pain, especially if you decided to come back and catch it. You're forced to wait through the same scene over and over, without a skip button. Can't we get a skip button GameFreak? If it's super important, make it turned off, but at least give us a skip button for future things like with Groudon/Kyogre.

I both love and hate the cut scenes we get in XY/ORAS. Now, I love them for how beautiful they are, and how they flesh out the story and are small jewels you will encounter. But the length... the scene before fighting Groudon/Kyogre is such a pain, especially if you decided to come back and catch it. You're forced to wait through the same scene over and over, without a skip button. Can't we get a skip button GameFreak? If it's super important, make it turned off, but at least give us a skip button for future things like with Groudon/Kyogre.
This is... surprisingly accurate. They're pretty, but few of us want to sit through them time and time again as we soft reset a legendary.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Having to input a button combination to delete save files from Gen IV onward. I understand why it's there and do appreciate it, but whenever I want to delete a save file it's annoying that I have to look up the combination.

Having to input a button combination to delete save files from Gen IV onward. I understand why it's there and do appreciate it, but whenever I want to delete a save file it's annoying that I have to look up the combination.
Especially that they changed it in gen VI, that was just really annoying

My gripes about the ORAS legends:
  • Uxie: Available for one measly hour a day, while Mesprit is available for 16 hours and Azelf is available for 7.
  • Ho-Oh's entire move pool runs out of PP after 20 turns, meaning that if you haven't caught it by the time it runs out of PP, you're screwed

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My gripes about the ORAS legends:
  • Uxie: Available for one measly hour a day, while Mesprit is available for 16 hours and Azelf is available for 7.
  • Ho-Oh's entire move pool runs out of PP after 20 turns, meaning that if you haven't caught it by the time it runs out of PP, you're screwed
Many of the ways to get the Legendaries in ORAS were nonsensical:

Golem Trio: While not out there as some of the methods and they do tell you what you need to do (infact many would probably do Regice's "puzzle" by accident while translating the braille), just what you need to do seems bizarre (at least to me). Why does Regirock need you to use Strength on a specific spot? Regice make you wait 2 minutes? Registeel want you to fly in the center of its room?
Regigigas: So you have to somehow know to give your Regice a nickname and have it hold an ice-themed item. The only hint to ONE of those requirements is a little girl in Mauville Hills who lets you buy Casteliacones from her for 200 if you have Regice in your party (and even then I don't think she tells you it should be holding it). How were we suppose to figure that out without getting incredibly lucky or looking it up online?
Lake Guardians: As noted above, Uxie is only located for one hour. At night (8 to 9 pm). You could argue Azelf may be worse as though its available for 7 hours its at late night/early morning. Sure you can just mess with your 3DS's clock, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Like maybe instead of specific time you need to have the Pokemon leading the party have a high/max Smart contest stat for Uxie, Tough/Cool for Azelf, and Cute/Beauty for Mesprit. That at least fits along with their theme and is another reward for raising a Pokemon's stats for contests.
Swords of Justice: Why are they day based? I mean I suppose that's better than the other trios, but still you got to wait at least 3 days and if you missed a day you got to wait through another cycle. How about it be based on the stats of the party leader like Virizion appears for high Special Attack/Speed, Terrakion appears for high Defense/HP, and Cabolion appears for high Attack/Special Defense. You need to have max EVs anyway you might as well see how well they trained them (or know what vitamins to give).
Cresselia: Why does it get the special treatment with it being the rare Mirage Spot? Well, I say rare but I've gotten Crescent Isle several times (I got Cresselia before I got all the TMs, heck it took me several months to get my final TM while only a few weeks to get Cresselia).

Honestly I think all the ORAS Legendaries needed a bit or work on where they were placed and how to get them.

The PSS going like "Your battery is low", when I already have plugged in the charger. It also gets worse by it popping up ~every 10 seconds.
That reminds me of another problem with PSS. When trading with someone if someone decides to end the trade you got to have the other person to end the trade or wait for the a minute or two to automatically end the trade. Why? Once someone ends the trade they can't start it change their mind, have it end the trade as soon as someone ends it. You're just wasting both the player's time!

Don't forget Sandshrew with Sand Veil. The 20% increase in evasion is basically 1 out of 5, which is basically one miss every horde encounter..
This is why I bring my Excadrill to deal with Sandshrew since Mold Breaker + 135 Atk (and in my case Level 100, 252 EVs, Adamant nature) + STAB 100BP, 100% Acc Spread Move = Easy Time Getting Defense EVs.

This is why I bring my Excadrill to deal with Sandshrew since Mold Breaker + 135 Atk (and in my case Level 100, 252 EVs, Adamant nature) + STAB 100BP, 100% Acc Spread Move = Easy Time Getting Defense EVs.
Smart, Mold Breaker also passes the evasion increase since it's caused by an ability, of course.. Great tip! Never thought about that.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Since the purpose of Hordes was probably to help people EV train it seems odd they wouldn't try to make it so they didn't have things that'll make them difficult to beat. And just incase one or more Pokemon in the Horde comes out Shiny they can have the restrictions removed for them.

When you're trading Pokemon (using the GTS Negotiations) in Gen V and the other person disconnects if you don't show them an Arceus / Mew / Jirachi / Manaphy within 3 minutes. Also, guys who show the frowning face at whatever you showed them and showcases their obviously hacked Shiny Legendaries in a Master Ball and disconnects after that.

Thirdly, the inability to use words to describe what you want from the other person is extremely irritating and makes it difficult to communicate. What do they expect us to write? Finally, if, by some miracle, you managed to reach an agreement, the website is really slow and you might get disconnected accidentally. (Ofc there are also scums who play you along and purposely dc at this point)

The current way to comunicate while trading while chat in Gen VI is to have a bunch of Zigzagoon, etc, named for what you want, yes, no, and some people do Shiny? right away which is just annoying.
I have the opposite problem. So many people want just plain dex trades and contact me randomly on PSS without telling me anything but offering completely random guys for trade. Sometimes I humor them (when I have time). Often times though when I'm too busy to really play around with them, I try to run out as quickly as possible after seeing nothing change when I flash my own set of Bidoofs telling people that I'm only interested in legendaries or shinies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
The only Pokemon I have with a message as a name is a Scatterbug named "Vivilon Trde". Yet despite that it doesn't work, even after showing them the Vivillon I had many just showed me a random Pokemon. Some people knew what I was talking about and just showed me if they had the same Vivillon or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 12)