(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Here's something that has been annoying me since Black 2 and White 2: Keldeo's Resolute Form. It is worthless. All it does is tell the opponent that Keldeo has Sacred Sword. There's no stat changes, no type changes, no ability changes, nothing. It is a complete waste of space.
Close Combat also has 35 more power than Secret Sword, though the defense drops are annoying and CC is taught at Level 73.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Close Combat works off of Keldeos's weak-ass Attack stat of 70.

Also, using an exploit you can have Secret Sword on a non-Resolute Keldeo so it might not actually tell you anything.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Here's something that has been annoying me since Black 2 and White 2: Keldeo's Resolute Form. It is worthless. All it does is tell the opponent that Keldeo has Sacred Sword. There's no stat changes, no type changes, no ability changes, nothing. It is a complete waste of space.
Yeah, I don't get that. At the very least restructure its stats like with other alternate forms. I would think the reason for the form change was to do this and give it +20 BST so it could have a 600 BST like most over Event Legendaries.

Close Combat also has 35 more power than Secret Sword, though the defense drops are annoying and CC is taught at Level 73.
Secret Sword goes off Keldeo's higher Special Attack stat.

Close Combat works off of Keldeos's weak-ass Attack stat of 70.

Also, using an exploit you can have Secret Sword on a non-Resolute Keldeo so it might not actually tell you anything.
Yeah, I don't get that. At the very least restructure its stats like with other alternate forms. I would think the reason for the form change was to do this and give it +20 BST so it could have a 600 BST like most over Event Legendaries.

Secret Sword goes off Keldeo's higher Special Attack stat.
I think they were responding to the original poster accidentally mixing up Secret Sword and Sacred Sword.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
I think they were responding to the original poster accidentally mixing up Secret Sword and Sacred Sword.
I was thinking that too, but after checking the move's Power he was correct there. Secret Sword's power is 85 while Sacred Sword's power is 90, meaning Secret Sword is the one with a 35 point different to Close Combat (120 power). I think it was more SwampySwampert not realizing of Secret Sword's effect of using Keldeo's Special Attack to do physical damage (which is a rather rare effect as the only other moves which does that is Psyshock and Psystrike, Special moves that uses the target's Defense instead of their Special Defense. Kind of wish they had more moves like this, we need one that uses Attack to hit Special Attack).

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
This always annoys me: Why can't you transfer Gen V Pokémon to Gen VI without having to pay real money to GF? Why can't there just be a Pal Park or Poké Transfer method in-game?
I can only think they did this is by sending the Pokemon to the PokeBank they can send it through more filters than they could game-to-game. They really wanted to weed out hacked Pokemon (though I didn't think it worked as well as they wanted it too). To be fair they gave all early players a month free of PokeBank and if that wasn't enough time to transfer over all your Pokemon then that's one you. Of course this does mean when the month free trial is up and you get a Pokemon in a previous game you want to bring over, well, tough break. Honestly I'd wish they updated the Poke Transfer so that it could hold a small number of Pokemon, that would solve the problem and possibly help prevent a generation lockout.

How broken Dunsparce is early-game in my X Nuzlocke. Defense Curl + Rollout demolishes nearly anything early-game. Add that to an HP base stat of 100 and an Attack stat of 70, and this thing is a tank.

How broken Dunsparce is early-game in my X Nuzlocke. Defense Curl + Rollout demolishes nearly anything early-game. Add that to an HP base stat of 100 and an Attack stat of 70, and this thing is a tank.
That doesn't even hold a candle to how broken Mega Lucario is in the same game. Or Staraptor in DPP (especially Platinum). Or Alakazam in RBY and GSC.

The Lucky Egg and Exp Share also allows you to laugh at the word "challenge" in the main games.

That doesn't even hold a candle to how broken Mega Lucario is in the same game. Or Staraptor in DPP (especially Platinum). Or Alakazam in RBY and GSC.

The Lucky Egg and Exp Share also allows you to laugh at the word "challenge" in the main games.
Tell me about it. I beat Viola in five moves with my Dunnsparce - and that included one turn of Defense Curl and one turn where Rollout missed. I'm not sure whether I should box Mega Lucario after I get it or not.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Tell me about it. I beat Viola in five moves with my Dunnsparce - and that included one turn of Defense Curl and one turn where Rollout missed. I'm not sure whether I should box Mega Lucario after I get it or not.
Let's not forget the Kanto Starter you get soon after and when the game was first released they gave away a Speed Torchic (and on that same note the Shiny Beldum when ORAS was released). I can understand giving player having a difficult time maybe one powerful Pokemon to help them through but at some point it does cross to handholding. Heck, they even give you a free Lapras when it comes to needing Surf (there's was plenty of places you could catch a Pokemon that can learn Surf before that point, they didn't need to do that).

The Lapras might have been yet another nod to Kanto, like the couple of others they had (Not-Viridian-Forest, Kanto starter, Mewtwo in a cave called the Unknown Dungeon, heck, even the title theme in a way).

The Lapras might have been yet another nod to Kanto, like the couple of others they had (Not-Viridian-Forest, Kanto starter, Mewtwo in a cave called the Unknown Dungeon, heck, even the title theme in a way).
The title theme has usually been the same just with a different mix throughout the games, and maybe a different opening into the main part of it.
Let's not forget the Kanto Starter you get soon after and when the game was first released they gave away a Speed Torchic (and on that same note the Shiny Beldum when ORAS was released). I can understand giving player having a difficult time maybe one powerful Pokemon to help them through but at some point it does cross to handholding. Heck, they even give you a free Lapras when it comes to needing Surf (there's was plenty of places you could catch a Pokemon that can learn Surf before that point, they didn't need to do that).
And what exactly would equate as players having a hard time that would be fine to give them something powerful to help them along? One player may struggle through one point in the game whereas another player just blows through that same point. Keep in mind that all Pokemon are optional. Even if you must obtain them, you don't have to use them. The gen 6 games seem geared towards helping you clear through the main game as quickly as possible so you can move on to the competitive stuff, make it more accessible for curious casual players. Easier than ever to breed, you're given some Pokemon with at least one perfect stat and a useable nature, Super Training to indirectly expose EV's and their benefits, Hordes to quickly EV train, etc. It's likely this will be how it is with all future Pokemon games.

SwampySwampert Better box the Lucario. It's excellent at efficiently blasting through the game, which also makes it poor for providing you with anything resembling a real challenge.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Well, they could have just put a Pokémon transferring tool in Kiloude/Battle Resort and that would have been fine.
Game Freak uses Pokemon Bank for transferring because of connectivity restrictions. The 3DS games aren't able to connect to DS games (Download play can't go 3DS to DS). It's not like Gen IV, where D/P could connect to the GBA games via the dual slot feature of the DS Phat/Lite.

Honestly, $5 for a yearly subscription to Bank isn't bad at all. Hell, I still have $5 of leftover credit on my eShop balance from Smash Bros DLC. Game Freak could've just left us high and dry in terms of transferring previous gen Pokemon and made us start from scratch, akin to the Ruby/Sapphire days.

Game Freak uses Pokemon Bank for transferring because of connectivity restrictions. The 3DS games aren't able to connect to DS games (Download play can't go 3DS to DS). It's not like Gen IV, where D/P could connect to the GBA games via the dual slot feature of the DS Phat/Lite.

Honestly, $5 for a yearly subscription to Bank isn't bad at all. Hell, I still have $5 of leftover credit on my eShop balance from Smash Bros DLC. Game Freak could've just left us high and dry in terms of transferring previous gen Pokemon and made us start from scratch, akin to the Ruby/Sapphire days.
Agreed, $5 a year is nothing. Even the average kid can afford that!

The problem with the 5$/£5/whatever thing is that it seems good and affordable on the surface... but then in practise it's actually a bit more expensive. Now this is a problem with Nintendo in general, but at least here in the UK the cheapest eShop voucher you can get is £15. Yyyyyyyeah, unless you want 3 years, if you're a kid that's only doing this for bank this suddenly doesn't seem so cheap. I mean sure there's some nice things on the eshop, but if you're just wanting bank...

The problem with the 5$/£5/whatever thing is that it seems good and affordable on the surface... but then in practise it's actually a bit more expensive. Now this is a problem with Nintendo in general, but at least here in the UK the cheapest eShop voucher you can get is £15. Yyyyyyyeah, unless you want 3 years, if you're a kid that's only doing this for bank this suddenly doesn't seem so cheap. I mean sure there's some nice things on the eshop, but if you're just wanting bank...
15£ is still not a lot. I personally use quite a bit on themes to use some of the leftovers. I do aggree that it would be nice to have vouchers with like 5£, but it is not a big issue atm.

15£ is still not a lot. I personally use quite a bit on themes to use some of the leftovers. I do aggree that it would be nice to have vouchers with like 5£, but it is not a big issue atm.
Well, this is little things that annoy you. Besides, a lot of kids' allowances would be around a fiver - and if they want just bank, then they have to waste money they could have wanted on other things.

I don't think anyone has said this, but I miss the unique colored cartridges that they stopped making in Gen 4 onwards. Especially the transparent cartridges of Gen 3. To me, they always looked like jewels.

Not an annoyance, but a little detail that I miss non-the-less.

I don't think anyone has said this, but I miss the unique colored cartridges that they stopped making in Gen 4 onwards. Especially the transparent cartridges of Gen 3. To me, they always looked like jewels.

Not an annoyance, but a little detail that I miss non-the-less.
To be fair, would that even work with DS cartridges?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 16)