Little things that make us happy.

I kind of agree with junior... I don't consider the things that make me actually happy little at all, because to me happiness itself is a big thing. I think however that it varies from person to person, that people who might be more detail-oriented and appreciate the littler details of day-to-day life would be overall happy. The most I get from 'little things' is contentment... but the things that actually make me deep in my heart are cherished and so I feel it's wrong to imply that my happiness is associated only with 'little'ness. Then again, other people might not distinguish satisfaction/contentment as a phase of enjoyment from happiness, which I consider more on the scale of 'spiritual wellbeing' and overall enthusiasm for life. I believe though that you have to be able to enjoy these little things to be happy, to be able to derive enjoyment from the facets of life itself. How can you be happy if you don't appreciate life? And how can you appreciate life if you don't enjoy it?

Life isn't about the little things that make us happy; it's about the little things that make us cope with our unhappiness.

/profoundness.

Equality through hatred.

My new pain meds. Holy fuck are they lovely things.

Mantracker on TV. I swear to god that man is so manly that he has 2 y chromosomes and his children would have an identical beard to him. Every single word out of his mouth is unnecessarily manly.
IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO TESTICLE OVERLOAD
oh god yes, mantracker is the fucking shit

Just eating some of my favorite meals, drinking something too, a good night playing videogames and just slacking...

I consider these things not as important, but they are very enjoyable!

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nice long showers.
Completing hard tasks.
Seeing my cousins.
Watching a good movie with friends.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
solving a puzzle

learning something new and applying the knowledge successfully

discovering a new musician or even a genre i havent listened to before

playing a song on guitar and getting it just right

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I sort of agree with Junior/Jumpluff too. I think these little things make you happier, "little things" could never actually make me happy. That said here are some things that make me feel better about sucky life:

-Waking up on a school morning and feeling like shit, checking the clock and it's only 1-2 AM. Realizing I still have a few hours to sleep is amazing.
-Receiving praise for something you worked really hard on.
-Seeing other people happy (friends/family, not people I dislike)
-Being able to truly relax. The last time I did this was June of last year ^_^

Chocolate, petting an animal, going to lunch with my mom, and hiking are some small things that make me happy =).

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I help a homeless man out of good will alone, which happens quite frequently.

When I'm sitting on my roof.

Smoking a cigar(ette).

Talking to reachzero

=]

Seeing intelligent and responsible pet owners.
Teaching people about good pet food.
Teaching people the dangers of soy in pet and human food.
Teaching people about the cruelty of goldfish in bowls and getting them to understand.
Budgies.
Chocolate.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
I believe happiness is more than just a mere temporary enjoyment of something that only lasts for like 5 minutes.
Quoted for truth.

A good nap, thinking I could sleep forever.

Seeing a thread I can post in without making much effort.

News of a new videogame or a sequel to it I really like.Buying that game, and playing it.

My new glasses, I can finally see how I wanted to.

Smoking, especially if it's under a Full Moon or a starry sky, or just seeing the smoke make patterns.

Fire, and anything related to it.

Stargazing (skygazing ?)

Learnig something new about something I actually give a shit about (do ho ho high school so useful)

Being called nicknames by people I actually really like

When you're walking around and listening to music, and it just sort of clicks, like the music could've been written for the mood you're in and the scenery around you. Doesn't happen often, but I love it when it does. ^^

Cooking a good meal, petting the cat, the way the air smells on the first day of spring or right before a really good thunderstorm, finishing a long or difficult game, and opening a new sketch pad are all good ideas, too.

Starting the day off by going on my bike to go to school instead of the bus, while listening to music...

Makes the morning bearable...

When people notice what I'm wearing.

Feeding my fish. Watching fish in general.

Watching the vibration of my rear view mirror from the bass.

Those 5 minutes after sex (Y)

Someone having to admit I was right.

My girlfriend doing those things that are REALLY annoying, but actually make me happy to know someones so into me to be that annoying

When somebody compliments me and means it. Probably very selfish but it gives me a nice fuzzy feeling whenever someone says something like "you know, you're really good at that" or whatever.

Looking back on funny things me or members of my family have done. Every so often something will remind me of that and it really brightens up my day.

Those 5 minutes after sex (Y)
I think you meant to say "those 5 minutes during sex." ZING!

Also, to all the people who say that the little things in life ultimately can't make one happy, read up on figures of speech: OP didn't mean literally the little things that give one supreme happiness, but the little things that one enjoys.

I disagree. Smoking makes me genuinely happy, albeit for five minutes, then I go back to sulking.

Something else that makes me genuinely smile inside; when I've written an essay and I know it's a good one. I've not done that in a terribly long time, though.

the school bell during Commerce on a Friday
commerce in general
driving to school
eating something I made
being nostalgic about GSC
watching the pokemon anime ;_;
those days at school where you just sit down and chat about nothing significant
updating mafia
hot chocolate
seeing someone highlight my name on irc
playing brawl (I own the fucking game but for some reason I only play when my cousins are over - I can't play by myself)
filling up an exercise book
doing a really sweet drawing
performing in front of a crowd
shopping with my mum
watching tv with my dad
Saturday morning cartoons (I will NEVER outgrow these)
wearing new clothes
reading a new book
watching movies with my mates
kicking a footy around
watching the doggies win
ice skating

When my cat sits on my face in the morning and wakes me up. Its annoying, but its funny. Nothing like waking up to pussy in your face...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)