Lockdown Mafia (Gangsters win, yo)

Okay, so let's say we don't take the ~30% chance of getting rid of a mafia today. Then tonight a villager dies, around 25% chance they target a power role (either killing both lovers at once, or inspector, or bodyguard), and a tiny chance the bodyguard saves him. And then next day, we're looking at a 5/16 chance instead (~31%).

Do you still think no lynch is the best option? If you still want to no lynch, how long do you intend to keep it up? Until we have to lynch with 100% certainty?

Normally in these kinds of games Day 1 is a no lynch and then people start actually voting on day 2 even if they don't know anything because "no lynch is ok on day 1 but not anytime later".

I'm not a huge fan of no lynching, regardless of alliance, unless there is literally nothing suspicious to go off of. Usually you have people like Kira posting dumb and getting themselves lynched (see Star Wars Mafia).

Also another common thing is "the people who don't post are probably mafia trying to hide", which I don't agree with 100% but it is a good point and anyone not talking for this reason might want to keep that in mind.

I love coffee

also, if we randlynch and hit a villager, we can easily look back on voting patterns (kind of like in poker) and vote accideigly. a person who changes their vote a lot can also be considered suspicious.

if you guys want me to defend myself from a randlynch that's perfectly fine by me. I could just as easily claim I'm a vanillager, and say lynching me is a bad idea, but obviously you can't really trust me just yet. I can't really say anything just yet but if I get lynched I hope that the village actually gets something out of it. if anyone actually suspicious turns up it'd be a better idea to lynch them though.

EDIT: sorry for posting late, I probably look scummy for doing this. but we have 19 hours anyway. I won't be able to post for 8 hours (i have school. sorry.)

I had just looked at mafiascum and they all started off with random lynches, so I supposed it'd be a safe bet to lynch someone who wasn't in the game, so they wouldn't retaliate. I realised my mistake a while later, and I thought editing would be the best course of action.

I had just looked at mafiascum and they all started off with random lynches, so I supposed it'd be a safe bet to lynch someone who wasn't in the game, so they wouldn't retaliate. I realised my mistake a while later, and I thought editing would be the best course of action.
Why didn't you withdraw your vote then, billy?

Okay, so let's say we don't take the ~30% chance of getting rid of a mafia today. Then tonight a villager dies, around 25% chance they target a power role (either killing both lovers at once, or inspector, or bodyguard), and a tiny chance the bodyguard saves him. And then next day, we're looking at a 5/16 chance instead (~31%).

Do you still think no lynch is the best option? If you still want to no lynch, how long do you intend to keep it up? Until we have to lynch with 100% certainty?
We have the same chances of lynching a power role. Unless that person manages to defend himself, in which case we have outed one for the mafia to freekill.
I don't like the fact that billy is randlynching here. I suggest: No lynch
EDIT: Withdraw vote

posting to say that kumar is quite keen to defend thorns... if thorns isn't lynched then kumar might be a decent inspection target (if he's mafia, you'll get two mafia names in one night)

maybe not... i wouldn't expect a mafia to vote no lynch... but still

god this is confusing

posting to say that kumar is quite keen to defend thorns... if thorns isn't lynched then kumar might be a decent inspection target (if he's mafia, you'll get two mafia names in one night)

maybe not... i wouldn't expect a mafia to vote no lynch... but still

god this is confusing
Not really. I think jumpluff was far more protective of thorns than Kumar ever was. His dislike of my lynch seems like more of an afterthought.

Also, I have no reason to remove my lynch on Thorns, he has given me no reason to believe he is villager (or good). But I have no idea how to proceed now =(.

of course i haven't given you any reason to believe that i'm good billy, it's day 1! and your actions are perfectly legitimate, as randlynching is usually the best way to proceed. i'd like to ask twash to contribute his thoughts, as his one post was pretty useless.

A no lynch is only useful in exceptional circumstances (like 4 left, 1 mafia alive etc). Lynching a non-contributing user is always better than a no lynch. If you were to not lynch, all the discussions and infornation gathered in the day go to waste, as you cannot draw any conclusions from it. This helps the mafia more than town as they are the informed group while town aren't.

Moreover, the chances of getting a power role lynched is 4/17 (counting the lovers though I shouldn't as they really have no power) right now which is lower than that of getting a mafia of 5/17.

Also, I'd suspicious of anyone claiming as vanillager. If you were a vanillager, you have nothing to do, so you might as well sacrifice yourself for the greater good. Not to mention, that by claiming vanillager you increase the chances for the mafia to figure out who the inspector/bg are as it now increases from 2/12 to 2/11. So, it more probable that whoever claiming vanillager are mafia and looking for a "safe" claim. And since a lynch is always better I'll

vote Kumar

His dislike of any lynch does not go well with me. Combined with the fact that he said that lynching a power role is same as that of lynching a mafia (which it isn't) and that if a power role is randed and is forced to claim, then he can be protected by the bodyguard, so its not a freekill for the mafia.

More on this, if we no lynch continuously, assuming mafia kills every night, we will forced to lynch someone on Day 8 (Night 7 = 7 kills, so remaining players = 17-7 = 10, of which 5 are mafia and 5 town.) And even then you will have a 50/50 chance of getting a mafia if the inspector gets no results. If he does and we lynch a mafia, then the situation becomes 4-5 on end of day and 4-4 on the end of night. So we have to lynch a mafia again and keep doing this to win the game. Which means the inspector needs to suvive and get all the results correct, a tall order.

Also besides Toothache, the following people need to post: Fishy, Ace Matador.

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I wouldnt no lynch constantly, just on the first day, as a way to avoid lynching a villager or village role and giving the inspector/hooker a chance to get a mafia. It seems we shall have to be bold and take a chance however.

Lynch Kumar

You got me wrong. I meant that we have the same chance of randlynching a power role as the gang killing them this night. And all I have to say about defending myself is: It's not a good idea to lynch me :(

edit: Lynch Toothache

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TIME'S UP

With the air of suspicion gathering around, billymills is quick to point the finger at Thorns, who has no real defense against the accusations leveled at him. However, one man is quick to jump to Thorns' defense... and it turns out to be the last decision he'll ever make.

While the rest of the group stands idly by, CrabNebula and Toothache close in on Kumar, accusing him for his defense of the accused. Kumar attempts to defend himself, lashing out at Toothache for his actions. However, he gets no support, and Kumar is beaten badly before guards can finally pull the two disgruntled convicts off of him. He later dies in the infirmary.

Kumar was The Snoop.

It is now Night 1. Send me a PM if necessary.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You wake up to the signt of another among your ranks slain. RB Golbat is the first victim of the vicious Gangsters, stabbed to death using screwdrivers stolen from the prison shop as well as various maintenance crews.

Driven by this, the remaining 15 that are alive are out for blood. All they need to do is decide who gets today's beatdown.

RB Golbat was your regular average Vicious Criminal. He sports no gang tats, and he is definitely neither large nor black.

It is now Day 2. Day will last for 48 hours, so let's get a little more action going.

Right now I'm looking at Thorns, CN, and Jumpluff being suspicious.

With the snoop dead, I don't much like our chances. Anyone got any better ideas?

EDIT (since I hate posting twice so quickly in succession): GTS and Fishy rarely post period, so I'm not surprised they haven't posted. Twash and Ace... get going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)