Look At What I Chained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does anyone remember about a month ago I chained a Shiny Spoink?

Timid Thick Fat #325 Spoink: 21 / 22 / 28 / 23 / 14 / 15
Hidden Power Type is 'Bug'. Hidden Power Power is 66.

Well while I wasn't looking, they changed the analysis!
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/grumpig

Hidden Power Bug is now the perfect Hidden Power for Calm Mind Grumpig! OMG!

Do all of the same 'safe patch' rules apply to shiny patches?

Or are shiny patches pretty much safe?
you can go for shiny patches without a problem no matter where they are, but if its at the corner dont try to reset from the corner you gotta move into the patch away from the corner and reset again or your patch will die.

im chaining for adamant dunsparce right now by the way...ill update the thread when i get some shinies

Finally got my Shiny Caterpie! Well, when I had no internet o.o; Woke up in the middle of the night started chaining came up to 40, began to reset radar, after 60max repels found the shiny patch. Walked into it, catched it. Screwed up the chain, saved and went to bed again.
That's what happened! XD

I got a 28 chatot chain this morning. :( twas sad when it broke.

I'm retrying now. 20. edit: :'( broke @ 26.

Is it always 4 or can it be 5 6 or 7 away? I think the cause of the chain breaking was that it was more than 4 away.

Hen, have you ever seen the 1,2,3.4 grid?

It can be as many as 8 steps away, as long as you are in the fourth row.
Get it?

Like in math.
If the origin (where you are standing) is 0,0, as long as you are on (4,x), (x,4), (-4,x), or (x,-4) you are fine. :)

Hen, have you ever seen the 1,2,3.4 grid?

It can be as many as 8 steps away, as long as you are in the fourth row.
Get it?

Like in math.
If the origin (where you are standing) is 0,0, as long as you are on (4,x), (x,4), (-4,x), or (x,-4) you are fine. :)
I was having a bit of an issue understanding exactly what that whole grid thing meant.

So, the box... each 4 away from where I'm standing? It needs to be something in that box ... like...

x = your character

underscore = anything 'safe' (go by number.. not by actual distance in this typed grid pls :)

____o____
_--------_
_--------_
_--------_
o---X----o
_--------_
_--------_
_--------_
____o____

So, it doesn't mean 4 STEPS away, it means 4 grass patches away in any direction (except something along the x/y axis in line with you)

... am I understanding that right?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm.... ok, this is new information. Well, newly understood :P

*feels like a dork*

I need to try chaining with that in mind.

He says you can save.. but you don't save the chain itself. You save any items you may have picked up in the process, you save the time that's gone by on your cart.. that's about it.

Turning off your ds WILL end the chain.

you can hibernate your DS simply by closing it. it saves battery and lets you keep your chain going.

other than that there is no way, unfortunately. i wish, it would be much easier if it was.

Ok, so let's say you've reached 40 chains. Then you're resetting your pokeradar.. how long does it typically take after that till you get a shiny?

Does it get progressivly shorter between shinies the farther you go on?

Hen - You should read the guide. All the grid stuff is in there, it's linked at the start of this topic and in my sig. Also it should be about 1 in 50 pokeradar resets, or about 1 in 12 super repels. Patience is key, so is having lots of repels.

-_- I *have* read the guide. Several ... no, MANY times over. I get the grid thing now. I had learned it a different way previously so that was kind of blocking it from clicking. I already feel stupid enough, please don't compound it :P lol

I have plenty of super repels, thank you for the response.

Hen - You should read the guide. All the grid stuff is in there, it's linked at the start of this topic and in my sig. Also it should be about 1 in 50 pokeradar resets, or about 1 in 12 super repels. Patience is key, so is having lots of repels.
wait, is it really 1 in 12? cuz most of mine take over 50 before i find a shiny. damn. i have really bad luck.

I think I'm right on that, check the guide, everything's in there. It took me over 150 once, then I ran out of repels, that was fucking gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)